contact
September 17, 2019, 09:14:23 AM

Author Topic: Apollo 000  (Read 3424 times)

Offline Bravicus

• View Profile
Re: Apollo 000
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2011, 12:27:22 AM »
I can dig athenas lol
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
Everything I say is likely a couple of years out of date

Offline Master

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2011, 12:32:50 AM »
I loved my athenas as well so I had the largest fleet of them before I built my arty/apollo swarm in x1. I stopped at 11k.

A fleet that is athena heavy and has enough fodder so that it cant be hades raped is one of the best fleets out there, I still feel that the arty apollo swarm is better however athena can be used for fast res grabs in system or for small attacks where arty and apollo would take longer and be short on cargo space and probably take higher losses. Also athena can kill zeus without too much trouble if you have enough of them.
poeticmotion: You know what will happen if I oracle-lock you?

Absolutely nothing. I\'ll cuss a few times, mutter "holy crap, I\'m not even going to battlecalc that" and have nightmares about 10000 capitol ships descending upon my homeworld.

Offline Dread74

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2011, 12:51:07 AM »
All you need to bet a fodder heavy fleet that is not caps heavy like Phils is enough fodder to let the caps do the work...

Im not saying an even cost battle. cause lets face it who goes up against another fleet with en even cost?

so a fleet with

200k arty
50k apollo
40k posi
32k athena
2500 ares
40k hades
4k proms

with even techs will clean the heph leaving the zeus only

clearly 100k give or take less fodder
SCF Uni 1X --- AA dreadddy - Account given to me
SFC Uni 2X --- AA Dread played since start

Zeus kills +300
Heph Hills +14

andy nard1

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2011, 12:55:09 AM »
The numbers shown by Casey and bravicus are pretty clear. However you look at my fleet in x1 and x2 and it has almost no apollos.
Everything is very nice but those arts and apollos are damn slow... They win only on battle calc, not on the field...seems that battle calc does not consider the cost of the player being online 1 minute earlier or later.

Offline Master

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2011, 01:01:23 AM »
Well I for one attack with near even fleet costs on both sides like my very last attack in x1 lol, ok fine I had a 10-20% edge on him or around there.
(Which was then followed by a return hit on with with double thrt rsp of what I had left after losing 25% of my fleet)

If you go for large fleet hits though you will never be able to hit anyone without fodder unless you are cap heavy and fly around with several other cap heavy players. So I dont see any problem with the arty and apollo speed rates as if you have to send 50k or 500k it takes the same amount of time.

Absolutely nothing. I\'ll cuss a few times, mutter "holy crap, I\'m not even going to battlecalc that" and have nightmares about 10000 capitol ships descending upon my homeworld.

Offline Dread74

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2011, 01:07:54 AM »
Quote from: "Master"
Well I for one attack with near even fleet costs on both sides like my very last attack in x1 lol.
(Which was then followed by a return hit on with with double thrt rsp of what I had left after losing 25% of my fleet)

If you go for large fleet hits though you will never be able to hit anyone without fodder unless you are cap heavy and fly around with several other cap heavy players. So I dont see any problem with the arty and apollo speed rates as if you have to send 50k or 500k it takes the same amount of time.

why would you not run with other cap heavy fleets? TBH then amount of times i or our team launches without or fodder is much greater then when we do with it.

Team work is what it is about.

Zeus kills +300
Heph Hills +14

Offline Master

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2011, 01:19:28 AM »
Im much more of a solo player so I need to have all of the arsenal in my own fleet. I occasionally work with others but I have always had strange play times that were never really regular and I often have to stop playing and just leave (well not have to but im not stopping rl for this game).

If you ever looked at what I had in x1 you would have noticed that Andrea had nowhere near what I had or anyone, other than Darkwood or Andrej for that matter. And I could solo Andrej's fleet with what I had when I lost it not sure if there was profit or a slight loss in those calcs though, Darkwood went zeus heavy so I could never get close to profit attacking him but he could never get close attacking me.

Big game hunting is a fun strategy, at least it was for me.

Offline Bravicus

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2011, 01:27:31 AM »
I am also more of a solo player.  I find that with group attacks more things are likely to go wrong.  Which makes sense as far as there are more variables involved.

Also I hate sharing lol.  So when there isn't a big target on the menu it feels like pack hunting is a waste.  After all I could take the small targets solo for more profit than the reduced losses of a group hit would give me.  And considering there are many more small targets than large targets being a solo hunter should be more profitable.

Offline Phil Sutherland

• View Profile
    • http://www.example.com/
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2011, 01:30:30 AM »
Quote from: "Bravicus"
I am also more of a solo player.  I find that with group attacks more things are likely to go wrong.  Which makes sense as far as there are more variables involved.

Also I hate sharing lol.  So when there isn't a big target on the menu it feels like pack hunting is a waste.  After all I could take the small targets solo for more profit than the reduced losses of a group hit would give me.  And considering there are many more small targets than large targets being a solo hunter should be more profitable.
Harvesting off of hephs. I can't harvest off of my heph currently because Andy, Pilot, and Dread would lock me. But with my new attack partner Son of Loki, they would need a full 6 people.
[/b] [/b][/b] [/b] [size=150]#26

Offline Pilot Pirx

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2011, 01:33:18 AM »
Also, consider the cost of failed attacks:

300k Apollo is roughly the ore equivlent cost as 15k Athena / 15k Hades:

Cost to launch 300k Apollo over 1 system = 9m Hydro
Cost to launch 15k Athena / 15k Hades over 1 system = 4.6m Hydro

This goes right along with what Andy was saying about how things pan out in the field.   If you are only launching on 300k sized fleets, then I suppose Casey has a point.   But if you are hunting all targets, you need the capitols.
AA
To boldly go where neither human nor hamster has gone before
To explore strange new worlds
To seek out new life and new civilizations
And destroy them

Offline Bravicus

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2011, 01:33:42 AM »
Even as a solo player you don't have to harvest off of your heph.  Either you go eight colonies and heph and then you drop a mac for every target or you can go 9 and harvest from your moons and just gate you dios around to wherever is closer.  More expensive hydro wise but the 9th planet makes up for it and you can't get your heph locked.

Offline Pilot Pirx

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2011, 01:35:08 AM »
Quote from: "Phil Sutherland"

Harvesting off of hephs. I can't harvest off of my heph currently because Andy, Pilot, and Dread would lock me. But with my new attack partner Son of Loki, they would need a full 6 people.

Really?   Did you find a way to crash Loki's fleet onto your Heph where you get to keep the ships instead of blowing them up?
AA
To boldly go where neither human nor hamster has gone before
To explore strange new worlds
To seek out new life and new civilizations
And destroy them

Offline Dread74

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2011, 01:37:31 AM »
Quote from: "Pilot Pirx"
Quote from: "Phil Sutherland"

Really?   Did you find a way to crash Loki's fleet onto your Heph where you get to keep the ships instead of blowing them up?
!!!!!!!!+

Zeus kills +300
Heph Hills +14

Offline Master

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2011, 01:41:04 AM »
Yeah when hunting large fleets it can take several days to get in system of them when they are landed and even longer for when you feel they are afk or actually go dark. Hence why I had over 100 mil hydro on my heph the day it died and I had spent a lot of hydro on techs such as warp 13 and jet 17 already. I have never used a merch in sfc so it was all just back logged hydro lol. So at that point who cares what it costs to launch your fleet if you only launch it ever couple of days on average anyways.

Offline Dread74

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2011, 02:08:42 AM »
whats the point of having such a big fleet and never using it?

Zeus kills +300
Heph Hills +14

birthmark-ant