contact
September 19, 2019, 07:19:40 PM

Author Topic: so what now  (Read 2659 times)

Morat

Re: so what now
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2011, 04:15:46 PM »
Quote from: "Ian Moon"
I got a perfectly good working account ok so lets equate sfc to drinking beer ur not going to leave the bar when you still have 3 pints on the table right there is someone out there who will be willing to trade or swap something for a perfectly good working account that can get some enjoyment from.

I never paid for credits thinking it was an investment i brought them to enhance my game play if i am going to pass the account on i want it to be to someone who will enjoy or benafit from it just as you get enjoyment from trolling

I dunno, I've left beer on the table when the alternative could be ugly. :P

Then simply put it up on eBay at the minimum price and let it go for whatever it sells for. Simple.

Incidentally...

http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

Doesn't apply. I'm posting because I truly don't understand why you feel you need to get something in return for your account, and passing it on to another player for free isn't an option.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline J_Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2011, 07:08:21 PM »
or just do what i do, i'm pretty high ranked but i don't play every day now, play a couple of days when you find yourself bored and it becomes much more enjoyable, sometimes i fleetsave for a few days on end to take a break
atlass are red
charons are blue
see those athenas
they\'re coming for YOU!!

Offline Albert

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2011, 03:10:41 PM »
Quote from: "J_Dan"
or just do what i do, i'm pretty high ranked but i don't play every day now, play a couple of days when you find yourself bored and it becomes much more enjoyable, sometimes i fleetsave for a few days on end to take a break

or take a 6 month break and come back when you have the itch again
Retired from the Original Universe.
Peak - #9 Overall, #8 DSP

Retired from Uni 2
Peak - #10 Overall, #10 DSP

Offline jarrett

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2011, 03:32:09 PM »
just do what publicnemani did.  go into v mode and then have blue frog delete your account.  They did it for him so they should do it for anyone.

Offline Phil M

• Facebook - phil.mcbride.3
    • Skype - thesevenlevels
    • Twitter - philipmcbride
    • View Profile
    • Phil Mc Bride
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2011, 07:50:08 PM »
Albert FFS, ointment if you still have an itch after 6 months

Deano, blow it up like i did mine, give the debris to your alliance to help build. Accounts are not going for anygood money now, that time is long gone.

I only came back to level a score and once that is done I'll blow this one up too!
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.

Offline cupAsoup

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2011, 11:42:16 PM »
Well, you say you don't want to walk away empty handed.

I've never walked away from any "game" I've played with anything in my hand.

You're upset you cannot sell it, but are in reality are advertising you'd like to do so.

You don't want to give it away, either....

I think you know the only option you have.
Delicious and nutritious, Blueberry oatmeal. Antioxidants and Fiber are good for your fleet!

Offline Ryan M

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2011, 08:10:34 AM »
I sold mine shortly before the forum ban on selling accounts.  I miss my account already  :(  .  I understand wanting to get something out of the time and effort put into it kinda like a car you've been fixing up for years as a hobby you will eventually get attached to it.  Great accounts in many games have sentimental value because of this and it's easier letting them go when something, anything such as it being bought shows that it's valuable enough to be appreciated by someone else, at least enough for them to pay for it..... and u leave knowing it will be in good hands and that all your work wont go to waste.

But like many said u cannot expect it to be an investment.  And like a car people can buy it just to merely crash it...  It is heart breaking when this happens but even if they don't take care of it in the long run, just having someone purchase, trade or do something in exchange for your account just to show that they recognize it's value helps you finally making the decision on giving up your hobby/account you worked on.

Anyways this is just my personal opinion.  My situation was different but regardless I was still attached to my account and it was hard to consider quitting the game even though a lot of things suggested that I should.  But It's nice to have money to buy textbooks this term  :lol: lol.  But ya I sympathize and even more so to those who were forced to quit...... but in whichever way you send your account off in I must say afterwards it feels great not needing to worry about the FRS...... o gawd...... i do not miss the FRS's at all lol.

Morat

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2011, 03:50:40 PM »
Now *that* I completely understand. Well put, sir.

Especially about the FRS. I've only been (d) briefly a couple of times, but being able to walk away from the PC for as long as you want whenever you want and without a second thought is sheer, unadulterated bliss. Like taking your boots off after a 25 mile hike. :)

Offline Ian Moon

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2011, 05:51:24 PM »
Morat, sorry I posted tmy last comment when I just woke, I just thought u wore trying to piss me off :) I apologise.

Phill nice ur back I did have a plan to have a big old retirement party, no cheating involved just gonna get a few others who wanted to get out half to gd me and the other half to attack full fleet and leave the df to who ever got there first all quitting so no one really gains from it but the main guy pulled out so I tried to sell as it goes my account is unwanted damm ill even take £20 for a nice bag of green stuff right now :)

aachen I know ur plan make me feel ur not really in the game and then kill me :) (you sir scare the hell out of me)

Ill sit on the account for now till I can do something or some one offers some thing for it.

as for giving it to the alliance I would but it would be unfair to the others I founded my alliance I could not pick one I would want to give it to so wont give it to anyone :)
Member of Topgun extreme-the extreme means we have more time to kill you

TopGun Who\'Z Yer Daddy

Punish the weak

If yer gonna go, go with a smile

Offline Bodge

• View Profile
    • Bodgenet
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2011, 04:57:08 AM »

Offline JohnJupp

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2011, 07:30:13 AM »
Split your fleet into manageable chunks and launch a slow attack multi galaxy at weaker players in various alliances.  They will then have the time to summon a Group Defend.  You help the weaker players with dsp and learning how to manage a group defend.  Your ships are not all sat on a heph and the big guns will not get everything.
Quote from: \"Butcher\"
John.. What to say? If there is such thing as a classy hunter, he´s your guy. Thanks for all the fun, buddy.
Quote from: \"Morat\"
What with this and your previous post, you do know you\'re a raving nutjob, right?
First To Break Starfleet Commander Nova - I Claim It

Lytjohan_

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2011, 03:46:16 PM »
iam just gonna add a laugh here :o)

haha... expecting to get something in return... hmm - did anyone hire you to play this? ... :P

Offline Wargasm

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2011, 10:44:56 PM »
That must be what it is Lytjohan!  This is Jason's account, and he's putting in his two weeks notice :P