contact
June 16, 2019, 09:31:35 PM

Author Topic: 21 day period from logging into accounts ont he same ip address  (Read 1137 times)

Offline Mr. Williquette

• View Profile
Well this is good news to hear never read this anywhere but Matt just told me that BFG ask at least 21 days from when two people or more logged into there accounts on the same ip address before doing moonshots an attacks against each other for achievements.

Well now its clear on the subject.

Well time to play some xbox live.

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
Re: 21 day period from logging into accounts ont he same ip address
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 04:28:59 PM »
I have never stated that you can attack each other for achievements. Organizing attacks for that purpose may violate the DSP and pushing rules.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 05:14:15 PM by Matt H »
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Mr. Williquette

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 04:33:59 PM »
But what i mean is like the War achievement attack a player your at war with 50 times like aka leaving our alliances an creating a random one an launching will say 50 probes each at each other equal exchange as you would call it no matter the rank of the players? Is that legit?

Offline Battle Angel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 04:40:02 PM »
Sounds dodgy to me!     :o

Morat

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 04:49:52 PM »
But what i mean is like the War achievement attack a player your at war with 50 times like aka leaving our alliances an creating a random one an launching will say 50 probes each at each other equal exchange as you would call it no matter the rank of the players? Is that legit?

It used to be OK, but you can no longer crash ships into someone unless it's explicitly a moonshot. You can't deliberately give DSP away regardless of rankings with the sole exception of moonshots.

Offline Mr. Williquette

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 04:54:23 PM »
So if we send 125 artemis at each other 50 times which is a 1% moonshot chance even tho were aiming for the achievement an just cause that 1% moonshot chance is there it's completely legit?

Offline Mr. Williquette

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 04:55:32 PM »
I'll correct myself 50 times each.

Morat

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 05:11:42 PM »
Yup. Well, as long as you don't already have moons on either planet :)

Offline Mr. Williquette

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 05:16:00 PM »
lol nope still need moons

Offline Zuk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 02:07:39 PM »
heres a novel idea. why dont you find another alliance and actually go to war with them. play the game a little. thats what the acheivements are supposed to mean. if a war acheivement is what u want then start a REAL war dont just play a fake one with your friends.

Offline Kaork

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2012, 06:35:16 AM »
heres a novel idea. why dont you find another alliance and actually go to war with them. play the game a little. thats what the acheivements are supposed to mean. if a war acheivement is what u want then start a REAL war dont just play a fake one with your friends.

Agreed +1  Play the game and stop trying to find ways to cheat.  On the other hand.. good point, this needed clarification and the rule should be adjusted.. there is the loop hole of 1% moon shots and if the rule is to be applied it needs to be defined first.

@BFG. 21 days is a long time if this is a first time offense.  If I were a newer playing testing the boundry's of the game and areas of which you have not gone into creating the rules area as the game evovles then I I don't see how you can give a guy 21 days for that.. he may not come back.  IMO
Come have a drink with The Dark Side!
Together we will rule the universe as
Sh** Faced as possible!

Offline Space Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2012, 12:27:31 PM »
I do have a question though... In November I'm getting married to a girl I met here in the game over 3 years ago... I plan on getting high-speed DSL with a Wi-Fi modem, but since we'll both be living in the same house, even though we'll have 2 separate accounts, would that qualify us for suspension even though we're married with 2 separate accounts? I'm certainly not planning on paying for 2 different DSL modems, that's just insane!  :o

Offline lazoputz

• we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill
    • Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2012, 12:46:16 PM »
Dunno for sure, but I have a real life friend that logs on to his game at my house with his laptop when visiting (quite often). I also have a daughter who does the same (less frequently). A long time ago, I notified BFG that this would occur, and to the best of my recollection, their response was that if there was no interaction between us, such as swapping moonshots, etc; there was no problem with that. There is no reason though, why you both cant play from the same IP address, even to the point of GA's on a target, trading resources (within the game parameters) or anything else you could legally do from two IP addresses while communicating with Skype or MSN, etc.

Offline Space Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 12:53:06 PM »
LOL... well, we probably wouldn't need Skype (which we use now) since I could just look across the room and ask her something!  ;)

Offline lazoputz

• we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill
    • Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2012, 01:07:07 PM »
LOL... well, we probably wouldn't need Skype (which we use now) since I could just look across the room and ask her something!  ;)

Ya, i was making reference to the fact that there is no real difference between playing from two locations or the same one, provided you follow the game rules.