contact
June 18, 2019, 05:03:53 AM

Author Topic: End of AA in Extreme Universe 2  (Read 10684 times)

Offline SOLDIER of FORTUNE

• View Profile
Re: End of AA in Extreme Universe 2
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2012, 02:36:25 PM »
Why complain? Part time players will now have chance to attack and earn DSPS,DF ....will be able to build bigger fleets...and after all hunters will have more live targets to stalk and hunt....  or not?

Ali Baba

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2012, 02:37:08 PM »
Like i care what you think.

Sell your Accounts and get the hell off this game!

Offline Fleet Pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2012, 02:45:50 PM »
Why complain? Part time players will now have chance to attack and earn DSPS,DF ....will be able to build bigger fleets...and after all hunters will have more live targets to stalk and hunt....  or not?

It is not EARNING DSP, it is simply farming it.  What used to be a game of skill...tracking a target, sometimes for weeks, trying for the big hit, has now become a race to see who can find the big NPC first and farm it.  Attack one from a moon and there is no risk at all.  No chance of an oracle lock on your return, no ninja to worry about.  All those that hit these NPC's are just going to take their profits and build bigger fleets so they can farm even bigger NPC's.  The PvP age is dead now....along with the fun.

Ali Baba

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2012, 02:49:37 PM »
It is not EARNING DSP, it is simply farming it.  What used to be a game of skill...tracking a target, sometimes for weeks, trying for the big hit, has now become a race to see who can find the big NPC first and farm it.  Attack one from a moon and there is no risk at all.  No chance of an oracle lock on your return, no ninja to worry about.  All those that hit these NPC's are just going to take their profits and build bigger fleets so they can farm even bigger NPC's.  The PvP age is dead now....along with the fun.

And you know what im going to do when these players build bigger fleets!!!!???????? er......do you???? Im gonna knock them down with my Bigger fleet!!!!

Offline Fleet Pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2012, 02:53:44 PM »
Ali....I doubt that.  You'll keep hitting NPC's as it takes no skill to do that.  Why would you hunt live players who could come online and FRS?  If you got lucky and locked one, they may be able to get a GD or a return lock by a friend.  Why would anyone risk that when the profits from hitting these NPC's is exponentially higher? 

Offline KesserIII

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2012, 02:55:56 PM »
I have left my undeployed heph out with fleet for 4 days not one probe no one is attacking players anymore...........ironically that planet happens to be near one of Ali's planets but he's probably to busy dealing with the overwhelming challenge of the npcs

Offline Rufus Griffin

• Oh, you outta time baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2012, 02:58:09 PM »
can't blame you.  i'm retiring from this version as well.  the overgrown dsp farms have completely killed this game for me. 
Phase 2
Extreme Universe 1
Peak:  #31, #17 DSP
Alliances: The Midnight Brethren, WHO

Extreme Universe 2
Peak:  #201, #97 DSP
Alliances:  NTA, xXx

Conquest
Alliance:  xXx

Tournament
I Am Meadowlark
Season 1
Alliance:  Haters

Darkwing Duck
Season 2
Alliance:  MM, xXx

Offline NormanPreece

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2012, 03:39:22 PM »
Are AA going to leave X1 as well?
"When you look at the dark side, careful you must be for the dark side looks back."
―Yoda

Offline Big S

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2012, 04:04:12 PM »
aa will be further 'screwing' things up by selling accounts,
Are you trying to be ironic?

They are supposed to worry about not "screwing up the game" when they believe BFG has already irrevocably screwed it up already? I fail to see the harm that will be done when someone buys their account and proceeds to NPC farm with it.

I see it like this. You go into a McDonalds and get your food. You sit down, open it up and find out that someone poured half a bottle of mustard on it when you said "no mustard". You decide to try it anyway, take a bite and find out that the lettuce is wilted, there are no pickles, and the meat tastes rancid. So what do you do? Do you, out of the goodness of your heart clean up your place on your way out to help good ol McDonalds out, who just incidentally screwed you out of your lunch money? Or just leave that crap sandwich sitting there? Yeah the expected protocol is pick up your trash after your done, but under those circumstances, I can hardly blame someone if they don't.

AA feels, whether you agree with their perspective or not, that they just got a crap sandwich. Not only that, but most pay for items in game, so it's not like a freeloading group of people. They paid for the crap sandwich. It's not against the rules to sell your account, and I don't see anything wrong with any of them trying to recoup a little of their wasted money from over the years.
Quote from: \"Evan Woodard\"
I\'m pretty sure that\'s just D-baggery.

colesynow

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2012, 04:34:08 PM »
Are you trying to be ironic?

They are supposed to worry about not "screwing up the game" when they believe BFG has already irrevocably screwed it up already? I fail to see the harm that will be done when someone buys their account and proceeds to NPC farm with it.

I see it like this. You go into a McDonalds and get your food. You sit down, open it up and find out that someone poured half a bottle of mustard on it when you said "no mustard". You decide to try it anyway, take a bite and find out that the lettuce is wilted, there are no pickles, and the meat tastes rancid. So what do you do? Do you, out of the goodness of your heart clean up your place on your way out to help good ol McDonalds out, who just incidentally screwed you out of your lunch money? Or just leave that crap sandwich sitting there? Yeah the expected protocol is pick up your trash after your done, but under those circumstances, I can hardly blame someone if they don't.

AA feels, whether you agree with their perspective or not, that they just got a crap sandwich. Not only that, but most pay for items in game, so it's not like a freeloading group of people. They paid for the crap sandwich. It's not against the rules to sell your account, and I don't see anything wrong with any of them trying to recoup a little of their wasted money from over the years.

IT IS ALL ABOUT CONTEXT....ON THAT NOTE YOU WOULD MAKE a great solicitor....in this regard it was being 'pedantic' not ironic, simply stating that AA by selling accounts, have and will mess things up even more....now you will see people at the top who should not be there.....

it is their choice to sell such login detials, and i accept what if they do that.........however, given the number of bought/sold accounts in AA aliance over the histry, they should be used to inflating things in ways which were not earned...

in essence, whoever players are that  feel they must leave, instead of posting for all the 'please don't go posts' just go, either way this game will be screwed according to them, however, in your desrciption of mcdonalds, at least they tried, aa are not even sticking around to give it a go.......... people WILL build more ships, run with bigger fleets, and we all slip up from time to time...

all i can i say is this, i will enjoy hitting the npcs right now, then take more enjoyment in the future hunting and hitting huge fleets, at which point most of aa will have quit....good call
b
ottom line is people expect an immediate change which bemnefits them, in the long run even the new players will be able to significantly build a fleet, and rebuild one if and when they loose it...

being where i am on the rankings, there are not that manyt npcs within a very easy reach.....maybe thats the p[roblem all along, the low/mid ranks have lots and the high ranks have little?

end of storey, accept and work with the changes or leave and stop complaining

Offline Commander Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2012, 04:42:37 PM »
Goodnight Mama and Angel, wish you both the best in your next endeavor.

Offline Big S

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2012, 05:06:53 PM »
simply stating that AA by selling accounts, have and will mess things up even more....now you will see people at the top who should not be there.....
Again, I'm still seeing lots of irony here. The complaint is already that you will see lots of people at the top that shouldn't be there. "NPC hunters" dominate the uni now, both in RSP and DSP. Why should they care about the integrity of the leaderboard when BFG already trashed it by allowing people to double their 2 year scores in 24 hours? Honestly, not seeing the criticism here.

aa are not even sticking around to give it a go.......... people WILL build more ships, run with bigger fleets, and we all slip up from time to time...
Anyone can see how it will go. I'm really not sure where you are coming from here. The math is inescapable. Many posts have detailed how the math goes, and all match what is going on in-game. And if you are saying, you really shouldn't trust what you can calculate, you need to experience it first, then I'd say Nova should have satisfied this condition. Any of us who have played Nova knows how boring it gets when you have to farm NPCs in order to keep up with the growth rate of farmers. Maybe you didn't play Nova, so "giving it a go" seems like a reasonable request. But we gave it a go, and didn't like it then. Surely when BFG rolls the same changes into other uni's we don't have to play them all for months to figure out the results will be the same??
bottom line is people expect an immediate change which bemnefits them, in the long run even the new players will be able to significantly build a fleet, and rebuild one if and when they loose it...
This has been refuted several times now, yet still seems to be accepted as de facto truth by some. With scaled NPCs and the RSP restrictions now in place, how are you going to use NPCs to rebuild your fleet when your fleet is gone and you have nothing to attack these monsters with? You would have to ditch all your planets to get back within range of the small ones. Surely this isn't good game mechanics, if you are rewarded by building less infrastructure.
being where i am on the rankings, there are not that manyt npcs within a very easy reach.....maybe thats the p[roblem all along, the low/mid ranks have lots and the high ranks have little?
If you read any posts from them, that wasn't their complaint. They complained about there being too many. In fact, 99% of the posts complaining about NPCs haven't been based on personally not getting enough goodies for high players. Not sure which forum you've been following, but the complaints have been the exact opposite.
Quote from: \"Evan Woodard\"
I\'m pretty sure that\'s just D-baggery.

Offline SOLDIER of FORTUNE

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2012, 05:15:31 PM »
Maybe BFG should involve those big encounters only as special event on weekends ....Seems much better....

Offline Shiva the Destroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2012, 05:17:59 PM »
explain how someone can catch up when i can hit 2 of these at a time.
ps this is the 2nd hit not the first and i lost less ships the 1st time

Shiva the Destroyer led an attack on Urcath at Large Floating Colony ‎‎[x:xxx:x].
The following emerged from battle after 2 Round(s)

*****Attacker: Shiva the Destroyer with 24,142,072,000 RSP involved (initial fleet RSP) *****
Atlas : 9255  (Lost: 745 of 10000)
Hercules : 29984  (Lost: 267 of 30251)
Ares : 132858  (Lost: 1 of 132859)
Prometheus : 94254
** Resources lost: 3,142,000 ore, 3,117,000 crystal, and 15,000 hydrogen.
** Destroyed Ship Points Gained: 0

*****Defender: Urcath with 0 RSP involved (initial fleet RSP) *****
Missile : 0  (Lost: 187564 of 187564)
Laser : 0  (Lost: 51510 of 51510)
Pulse : 0  (Lost: 5437 of 5437)
Particle : 0  (Lost: 3302 of 3302)
Decoy : 0  (Lost: 1 of 1)
Gauss : 0  (Lost: 2170 of 2170)
Large decoy: 0  (Lost: 1 of 1)
Plasma : 0  (Lost: 932 of 932)
** Ship Resources lost: 0 ore, 0 crystal, and 0 hydrogen.
** Total Resources lost: 581,679,000 ore, 135,651,000 crystal, and 32,300,000 hydrogen.
** Destroyed Ship Points Gained: 6,274

After 2 rounds of combat: The attacking side acquired 511,343,683 ore, 424,680,257 crystal, and 91,101,343 hydrogen.
Some of the enemy's defenses were rebuilt.
942,600 ore and 935,100 crystal are now floating at this location.
There was a 0.0% chance that a moon would form from the debris.
However, no moon formed.

smaller players will never catch up because they will have to hit 10x the amount to equal my one hit.
and after 3 or 4 days i can now hit 3 at a time because the res and foundries would have pumped out the needed ships.

The Soloist

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2012, 05:26:15 PM »
It is never a good thing when people leave the game, especially an entire alliance of top players

birthmark-ant