contact
September 16, 2019, 05:13:40 PM

Author Topic: ~SFCO End Game!~ a.k.a. Tarak going out in style. ;)  (Read 2632 times)

Offline Tarak

• View Profile
~SFCO End Game!~ a.k.a. Tarak going out in style. ;)
« on: September 11, 2012, 07:53:28 AM »
I hereby proclaim that I have officially set the wheels in motion for the ending of my SFCO career!
Do not miss out on your chance to be part of what will undoubtedly be the most talked about event in SFCO history! (or at least this week on the forum)  ;)

Rather than crashing my fleet or just leaving everything I spent 3 years building up behind without a second thought, I have devised what I think is a worthwhile hunt for the remaining top players who loved the strategy game SFC used to be. The object of this game is pretty simple, locate and destroy my fully loaded "Derelict" heph in an epic battle before my account goes inactive or risk losing out on one of the largest hits in SFCO history to someone else. The prize, about 2 billion in DF and plunder with my fleet alone, and one epic tale to tell with bragging rights befitting a true top player. Read on for details...

Before I get in to how it works, I must first say that I have told no one of any details about my plans, most of which I only finalized earlier today. This is to ensure no player has had any "inside info" on what will take place. I cleared my buddy list before implementing this to ensure there can be no "funny business" or "probe defenders" etc. Nobody in the game has any way to know anything more than you do once you are done reading this. There is no trickery, no deception, no skull duggery of any kind on my part, I simply wish to go out of this game with a bit more style by giving back in a way I hope the "real" top players in this game could appreciate and get motivated about.  8)

The rules are simple, there aren't any. The first battle to take place that destroys my heph will be declared the winner. Whatever happens before or after that is of no concern to me. Of course, BFG will expect you to adhere to all of their rules so yes those ones still apply I suppose.  ::)

*The only thing I ask of the victors in this battle is to post a full battle report on the forum including screen shots of the DF and disclosing all names of players and all fleet details etc. I would like to return to the forum after and be able to see the outcome since I will not be logging in to my account again. I would also like for other players to be inspired by all the scary big numbers that will undoubtedly be involved.  ;D

Now, since this is a game and not a random heph drop there IS more to it than luck and a BIG fleet...

- Some time within the next 6 days or so my heph "Derelict" will land somewhere in the SFCO universe (provided the spot is not blocked before then).
- My heph originated from an undisclosed starting location chosen at random, not near any of my planets.
- I have also launched 3 colony missions from one or more of my remaining planets/moons. They will begin arriving at their destinations between 2-4 days from now. (provided they are not blocked)
- Locate all three colonies and use them to triangulate the destination of my heph.
- My account should not go inactive for at least 30 hrs after my heph is scheduled to land.
- I thought through and took all reasonable precautions I felt ensure things go as planned but I am not responsible for any foul up or fluke that may result in one or more locator colonies or my heph being bounced, or for a mod pulling this thread, or any other malady directly or indirectly caused by using the information contained within this post, that's just part of the inherent risk of any strategy game, man up!

The rest is up to you players, good luck! 8)

If I can think of anything else or if there are any questions I feel like answering I'll check back...
I will probably release some more details in the next 24-48hrs, like what might be on my heph etc, but after that it's up to you guys to figure out.
~ I suggest a new strategy R2, let the Wookie win. ~

Morat

Re: ~SFCO End Game!~ a.k.a. Tarak going out in style. ;)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 08:56:52 AM »
I like the triangulation idea, that's very 8) Hope it all works out well :)

Offline lazoputz

• we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill
    • Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 01:14:44 PM »
Sorry to see you leaving Tarak, but I must say, I like your style. Too often, there are these wimpy farewell parties set up by alliance insiders; but not you! I will certainly try my best to find your Heph and give it a send-off worthy of its owner.

Offline rick blackford

• Gone Fishing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 07:10:21 PM »
Cool...a real hunt...like the 'old' days :)
SFCO Uni - Rick Blackford, Leader, Valente do Moita
Uni2 - Emperor R, no longer active here
Nova Uni - Nova1, Harrasser, N:S:K, gave this one up!
SDE, Lancelot, Not playing anymore

Offline lazoputz

• we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill
    • Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 10:28:34 PM »
Ya Rick, win or lose, its gonna be fun

The Soloist

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 11:31:25 PM »
This is very awesome!

Offline Tarak

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 06:22:20 AM »
The Derelict is currently stocked with the following resources.

O: 46,744,240
C: 27,029,934
H: 86,016,709

Plenty of hydro there to help make moving your armada in for the kill that much more worth while. ;)

kevin rhodes

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 07:24:30 AM »
would have been more fun given to grinchy lol

Offline Big S

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 07:33:59 AM »
Well, not to give him any ideas, but he could use the following "confidence" trick:

Grinch: Psssst, hear about that Tarak dude who is quitting?
Mark: No.
Grinch: He said he has left clues as to where his Heph is going to be.
Mark: ok....
Grinch: Well, I've decoded his clues and I know exactly where it's going to be. Thing is, my alliance mates are too far away and can't help.
Mark: Why are you asking me?
Grinch: Well, I think you seem like you might be high rank enough to have a fleet that can help, and you are near the place where the Heph will land.
Mark: Sounds good, what do you have planned?
Grinch: Well, I think I may not be the only one with this figured out...we need to get the jump on everyone so we can beat them.
Mark: Hmmmm. Explain.
Grinch: Well, I will have a buddy send a colony mission to the spot where the Heph will land. We both launch in a GA. He abandons the planet, then the Heph appears minutes before our attack hits. Easy peasy.

In reality, what happens is Grinch does everything up to that point. Except the abandoned planet gets replaced, not with Tarak's Heph, but another buddy who colonizes with his full fleet at the last second, and Grinch recalls. Mark goes boom.
Quote from: \"Evan Woodard\"
I\'m pretty sure that\'s just D-baggery.

Offline Tarak

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2012, 06:00:02 AM »
I'm surprised nobody has even asked what the fleet is on my heph yet...  ???
I'd be interested to see anyone's guestimate of my total count or composition.
Maybe I should have had a side game to guess the fleet on it the closest, LOL!
Closest bid to the actual retail price without going over wins the showcase!!  8)
(Que old school Price is Right theme song)  ;D
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 06:12:42 AM by Tarak »

Offline Tarak

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2012, 06:12:05 AM »
Well, not to give him any ideas, but he could use the following "confidence" trick:

Grinch: Well, I've decoded his clues and I know exactly where it's going to be. Thing is, my alliance mates are too far away and can't help.
Grinch: Well, I think you seem like you might be high rank enough to have a fleet that can help, and you are near the place where the Heph will land.
Grinch: Well, I think I may not be the only one with this figured out...we need to get the jump on everyone so we can beat them.
Grinch: Well, I will have a buddy send a colony mission to the spot where the Heph will land. We both launch in a GA. He abandons the planet, then the Heph appears minutes before our attack hits. Easy peasy.

In reality, what happens is Grinch does everything up to that point. Except the abandoned planet gets replaced, not with Tarak's Heph, but another buddy who colonizes with his full fleet at the last second, and Grinch recalls. Mark goes boom.

I did leave it wide open for players to use whatever strategy they want to, even pulling D-baggery like that if they want. I can imagine when the zero hour comes the air of paranoia and suspicion surrounding the area would be thick enough to stick it with a fork. ;D
I'm just as curious as everyone else is about how this will turn out. It's the most interesting and entertaining thing that has happened for me in this game since the time I thumped Thumper or rage quitted SP33DD3MON.
Will it be bounced or will it be an insta-kill? Will it be a Mexican standoff or will the vultures just circle and wait for the body to go cold (i)? Will it be a clean run or will there be a boomerang lock? ..or will it be a backstab double bounce GA ninja?  :o  I just don't know what might happen and the suspense is building. At least one of my locators has landed now and if the second one hasn't hit yet it should very soon... ;)

Offline The Grinch

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2012, 01:10:41 PM »

impossible... I don't play uni1 :P

Offline jimy77

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 03:32:17 PM »
There is no heph, is there?  The Grinch put you up to this didn't he.  Made me look and waste some time.

Offline Sky*

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2012, 05:21:17 PM »
No there isnt a heph ...... anymore

mwahahahahahahahah!!
Death is but a beginning in the journey of life

Offline Krystyn

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 05:30:37 PM »
*The only thing I ask of the victors in this battle is to post a full battle report on the forum including screen shots of the DF and disclosing all names of players and all fleet details etc. I would like to return to the forum after and be able to see the outcome since I will not be logging in to my account again. I would also like for other players to be inspired by all the scary big numbers that will undoubtedly be involved.  ;D

We're waiting..... ::)
Always be yourself.
Unless you can be a pirate.
Then always be a pirate.

birthmark-ant