contact
September 15, 2019, 08:40:47 AM

Author Topic: Another Territory Bug  (Read 3148 times)

Offline JohnJupp

• View Profile
Another Territory Bug
« on: April 29, 2013, 11:06:24 AM »
I took over a territory and could not reinforce so I sent a 2nd wave to "attack" the territory I was "defending" and:
Attacking Fleet
In the attack from .. on Military Territory:
You failed to take over the territory.
The battle ended in the first round, and no other information is available.
Defending Fleet
In the attack from .. on Military Territory :

You defended the territory.
The attacking side acquired 0 resources.
** (DEFENDER) lost 0 RSP and gained 0 DSP. (more)
Military Territory (DEFENDER) lost 0 RSP and gained 0 DSP. (more)
** (ATTACKER) lost 1 RSP and gained 0 DSP. (more)
Quote from: \"Butcher\"
John.. What to say? If there is such thing as a classy hunter, he´s your guy. Thanks for all the fun, buddy.
Quote from: \"Morat\"
What with this and your previous post, you do know you\'re a raving nutjob, right?
First To Break Starfleet Commander Nova - I Claim It

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
Re: Another Territory Bug
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 11:16:18 AM »
You've always been able to attack a planet you were group defending. This is the reason we provide you with 0DSP for the battle.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline JohnJupp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 11:22:08 AM »
Matt what I wanted to do was send extra ships to help defend the defended territory and could not do so.  Is there a way a player may send reinforcements?
John.. What to say? If there is such thing as a classy hunter, he´s your guy. Thanks for all the fun, buddy.
What with this and your previous post, you do know you\'re a raving nutjob, right?

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 11:33:13 AM »
Matt what I wanted to do was send extra ships to help defend the defended territory and could not do so.  Is there a way a player may send reinforcements?

Yes. Click the group defend button on the territory.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline JohnJupp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 11:37:56 AM »
ah cool, cheers

Offline WGW

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 04:17:48 PM »
I am hearing that these little territories are no longer accessible to players that reach 400k RSP .. is that true Matt?

And he who wields white, wild magic gold is a paradox. For he is everything and nothing. Hero and fool. Potent, helpless. And with one word of truth or treachery, He will save or damn the earth. Because he is mad and sane. Cold and passionate, Lost and found

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 04:23:25 PM »
I am hearing that these little territories are no longer accessible to players that reach 400k RSP .. is that true Matt?

The largest territories spawn is around the RSP value of the 90th percentile rank player. So if you're considerably higher in RSP than the players in that range, you likely won't have any territories to attack. Further, at this time we have no plans to raise the percentile rank or RSP of territories again.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 04:35:35 PM by Matt H »
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline WGW

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 04:28:45 PM »
I get that .. but you are saying there should still be territories that are attackable regardless of RSP points, just fewer of them .. correct?

And he who wields white, wild magic gold is a paradox. For he is everything and nothing. Hero and fool. Potent, helpless. And with one word of truth or treachery, He will save or damn the earth. Because he is mad and sane. Cold and passionate, Lost and found

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 04:31:27 PM »
I get that .. but you are saying there should still be territories that are attackable regardless of RSP points, just fewer of them .. correct?

That is not what I said. I said that the largest territory spawns at the RSP value of the 90th percentile rank RSP player in the game. Newbie protection still applies to attacking Territories and therefore if your RSP greatly exceeds that RSP value, you will not have any territories to attack.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline WGW

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2013, 04:41:41 PM »
So basically, if you work hard and excel in rank, especially fleet and infra, you'll have the deck stacked against you by the game itself, as the players below you are allowed to gain rank and position on you, even with a noncompetitive minimal investment of their time and energy ....

What is the reasoning there? It seems ludicrous to purposely punish the people obviously playing the most.

Now I can see the targets being reduced .. but eliminated all together? once you reach the top 10 percentile, all NPC type perks that REMAIN AVAILABLE to the rest of the game are taken away from you.. so that people can just coast on up to you? (facepalm)

Offline SoulReaper

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013, 07:29:00 PM »
I had to drop in rank because I out-grew Territories. It kinda sucks that because I was working faster than most at first, that I would be slowed down in order to allow everybody else to catch up. Since Territories are based on the 90%, the Top 10% is sitting waiting on the majority.

Offline Azureflames

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2013, 08:28:18 PM »
I had to drop in rank because I out-grew Territories. It kinda sucks that because I was working faster than most at first, that I would be slowed down in order to allow everybody else to catch up. Since Territories are based on the 90%, the Top 10% is sitting waiting on the majority.

It's not the top 10% waiting. It's the people who are 1000% bigger than the person at 90%.

I don't understand why you feel the need to shrink in size to be able to attack territories. If all you want to do is blow up ships and you don't care an AI is controlling them then I suppose that's a legitimate reason. If you think that other players are getting some advantage over you and are going to overcome you as a result that will not happen. You can't attack the territories because you are so large. If they did start to close the gap the colonies would become available to you again and you could just zoom away.

Vastet

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2013, 05:51:56 PM »
This is a good balancing mechanic to ensure you can neither buy your way to the top nor get so far ahead you can never be caught. I don't know if it was intended that way, but it works, and I like it.

Offline WGW

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013, 06:07:46 PM »
This is a good balancing mechanic to ensure you can neither buy your way to the top nor get so far ahead you can never be caught. I don't know if it was intended that way, but it works, and I like it.

Wanna Bet?  :P

Offline WGW

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2013, 06:08:35 PM »
I'm gonna do to this little game mechanic what you hoped you'd do at your prom  :P

JUST to prove a point ... this is so flawed its actually funny .. but I'll show em the error of their wicked ways