contact
April 25, 2019, 10:06:05 PM

Author Topic: GA on Ken Miller  (Read 741 times)

Offline Phil M

• Facebook - phil.mcbride.3
    • Skype - thesevenlevels
    • Twitter - philipmcbride
    • View Profile
    • Phil Mc Bride
GA on Ken Miller
« on: August 26, 2013, 01:55:10 AM »
This one is certainly the largest hit in the tourney uni thus far

A little bit of background:

I noticed Ken was out of p this evening so I probed all his colonies, I found his fleet but something was wrong - it seemed small then I took a look at the leaderboard - about 250K increase in points, next thing I see was a DF over the planet of >GameOver<

Ken took out another top fleet

I probed >GameOver< at that stage and seen another 75K worth of DSP that I could take so launched on it. I messaged Ken to congratulate him and told him I had launched when he said that he was going in for a second run to kill the ships that were left behind and that he had no intention of sending in dios so I should (I didn't know then but found out on my later probe that he only had 660)

I got a nice haul from that DF as I noticed before most people started probing

Ken went dark and I probed him - the planet name had changed to "Retired", as soon as I saw that I messaged the three people that I talk to in game that I knew had fleets and said that it may well be that he will either go p or has finally finished, you never know as he came out of p to hit fleets all the time

Vas(Boom), Juggerknot(ANH), X-Ray(AWSOM) - 2 were ready and Juggerknot was out on a hit and still had to pool his fleet.

Vas was launching from G3 so he had to buddy X-Ray and launch, we didnt have enough so Riker, Elvis and Brakemen had to add ships, and in we went! Vas was ever wary of me being reversed and had a GD at the ready for all the difference it would have made

I've pulled of some great hits - this was not one of them!

Ken Miller would have won this tourney hands down without a shadow of a doubt
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 02:14:32 AM by Phil M »
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.

Offline Phil M

• Facebook - phil.mcbride.3
    • Skype - thesevenlevels
    • Twitter - philipmcbride
    • View Profile
    • Phil Mc Bride
Re: GA on Ken Miller
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 01:56:08 AM »
And more of the hit
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 01:58:22 AM by Phil M »
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.

Vastet

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 02:36:39 AM »
I just wish I'd had the hydro to send everything. I was expecting another day or two before it was vulnerable. Damn expensive doing a cross galaxy attack. :(

Ken had this in the bag if he hadn't had to quit. I take little satisfaction from this, but it had to be done.

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 03:45:45 AM »
 ;D.  Grats guys.  After I got my buddy game over , I just said the hell with it.   Would have been a much more equal battle if game over had not taken a third of my fleet to kill! I loved that there were three alliances in on this!  All great players!  See you guys next tourney!   I will be heading to Venice in 24 hours! 
suck it up monkey boy!