contact
June 26, 2019, 08:59:07 PM

Author Topic: WARNING!!! Resume button issue  (Read 2078 times)

Offline Trump

• View Profile
WARNING!!! Resume button issue
« on: January 21, 2014, 06:40:12 PM »
The new resume button is buggy, and the problem is bigger then described in the "Dear MATT.. Downtime" topic.
I lost my labor terri about 30 minutes to an hour before my Foundry 4 would be ready.
When I captured a new labor I found that the resume button was grey, after asking arround I found out the resources needed to be on the terri that foundry 4 normaly costs (8M ore 4M crystal 800k hydro)
So I moved the resources there, the resume button turns green and I hit it.
It turns grey like its starting and then .. nothing..
Tried a couple of times, same result, moved pages to come back tried again... nothing.
Clearing browser cache or even using another browser, nothing helps.

I have submitted a ticket and Jason told me he informed the developers about this issue and they will fix it as soone as possible.
I also asked Jason if he could manualy set the foundry to lvl 4 and reset the resume queue but he doesnt have the abillity to do that.

I thought to share this with all of you so you can be aware this might happen and still try to keep builds within your terri's lifetime to prevend having to resume.
Right now I can no longer upgrade this Foundry which means I will be stuck at foundry lvl 3 untill they fix this  :-\

Offline jc

• View Profile
Re: WARNING!!! Resume button issue
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 07:47:39 PM »
I just had the same problem with a F5. Hit resume, it went grey then nothing.

Refreshed and it gave me the option to start again so I've lost the res and time on the clock.

Probably best to not use resume until it's fixed.

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 07:50:34 PM »
It sounds like the resources have to be there before resume is pressed.

Offline jc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 08:02:29 PM »
I shipped the res there. Pressed resume and it just greyed out as per Achmed's post.

Refreshed then resume had disappeared.

Offline jc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 08:06:25 PM »
I sent a ticket and asked for the res back as it's not working as it should.

Offline Trump

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 10:57:05 PM »
I tried doing the refresh thing to free it from the build queue, I rather build it new then not being stuck at this lvl foundry, but even that didn't work...  :'(

Offline jc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 08:16:13 AM »
While resuming does currently force you to have the resources on the territory in order to resume the task, it doesn't actually use them, when you click the resume button.

Jason
Blue Frog Gaming Support

Don't think they'll be refunding any lost res. Completely ignored the fact that the resume option failed.

Offline Deeds

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 08:30:49 AM »
MATT CAN WE PLEASE GET SOME INPUT ON THIS.
From what i understand, based on these posts:
1. The resume option is requiring resources to be present, and i dont believe it is SUPPOSED to be that way? that isnt such a big deal for smaller tasks, but bigger tasks that a person needs to save up for will be VERY effected..
2. The resume ISNT working. period. Once it turns green, they click it, and nothing happens.
3. Somehow, in the process of trying to make it work, people have actually been LOSING the resources, and even being unable to upgrade on the given terry at all!

I am glad you guys finally implemented the resume, but at the moment it appears to be bugged to the point where not only is it NOT worth using, its actually having a NEGATIVE effect on players gameplay. Is there a fix coming for this??
MunchMunchMunchMunchMunch

Offline Velvet X

• Posh killer of fleets
    • Twitter - joyrider19
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 11:52:26 AM »
I have also sent a ticket,regarding "resume button",on a experiment terri.
they looking in to it.
have to give it a few to see what they comes up with.
Give no mercy,feel no sorrow..Just enjoy

Offline Alldow

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 07:14:16 PM »
I have had 1 and 2 happen on a space dock will not resume at least it was not the shipyard so I can still build ships there

Offline Swanvesta

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 07:40:34 PM »
MATT CAN WE PLEASE GET SOME INPUT ON THIS.

sorry matt busy at the moment on other threads making snide remarks, trying to back up false accusations and erroneous actions, at his customers to answer your question.. maybe once priorities have been allocated correctly you'll be answered...
Miss Kiki: Believe me I have been well warned about you
Miss Kiki: I think it was stated that Swan is the biggest nut job in the SFC game community

Biggest nut job on SFC - I claim it!

Offline Trump

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 08:42:45 PM »
From Jason

One of the developers is looking into this, however he is having problems determining what the problem is. As this only seems to be affecting a few accounts, we are trying to determine what occurred on those accounts that is different, and therefore preventing them from resuming tasks. Unfortunately this is taking longer than we originally anticipated that it would. However hopefully he will be able to figure it out and fix it by the end of today. Once again I apologize that this is taking so long.

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 09:14:58 PM »
sorry matt busy at the moment on other threads making snide remarks, trying to back up false accusations and erroneous actions, at his customers to answer your question.. maybe once priorities have been allocated correctly you'll be answered...

Actually Matt is sick and in the hospital, but whatevs.

Sent from my Moto X

Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline YoYoDotsGrandpa

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 09:16:09 PM »
You can add me to the broken resumes,  Stuck on labor terr construction lvl upgrade had one started and lost it, got one back still can't resume, still broke.

Offline Deeds

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2014, 09:28:52 PM »
Actually Matt is sick and in the hospital, but whatevs.

Sent from my Moto X

Get better Matt(:

oh Swan.. I see both sides of the conflict. It DID appear very suspicious, but regardless of what happened, you served your time, and i see no issue with you rebuilding your fleet..just more healthy competition for me(; lol
MunchMunchMunchMunchMunch

birthmark-ant