contact
June 20, 2019, 09:16:08 AM

Author Topic: Why cannot we rename our territories?  (Read 1058 times)

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
Why cannot we rename our territories?
« on: January 22, 2014, 11:40:30 AM »
It would be great if we could rename our territories or at least append a number to them!

Offline jc

• View Profile
Re: Why cannot we rename our territories?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 07:42:18 PM »
then we'd all rename Labor missile silo

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 08:14:26 PM »
:). I was thinking more on the lines of  (our name):(territory type) or vice versa.  Not trying to hide what it is.  It would help on the fleet screen to choose which of the "missile silos" to deploy resources to.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 08:20:11 PM by commander abаб »

Offline Deeds

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 09:24:59 PM »
:). I was thinking more on the lines of  (our name):(territory type) or vice versa.  Not trying to hide what it is.  It would help on the fleet screen to choose which of the "missile silos" to deploy resources to.

+1
MunchMunchMunchMunchMunch

Offline Sevon Nefarian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 12:39:07 PM »
I would settle for just having the territories always appear under the planet they are attached to in the fleet screen....

Offline Trump

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 01:11:10 PM »
I would settle for just having the territories always appear under the planet they are attached to in the fleet screen....

Now that sounds like a much more valuable fix, just project the 9 planets next to eachother and the connected Terri underneath it.

Grace

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 12:03:18 AM »
This is why you have the option to 'order planets by position in the universe' or... 'order of creation'

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 07:31:18 AM »
This is why you have the option to 'order planets by position in the universe' or... 'order of creation'

Neither of which do what is (usually?) desired in Hired Guns.  (I think?  I'm not sure why you think either of these is a good solution for HG.)  Allowing a name to be prepended to the territory type would work.  On the other hand, always sorting moons/territories with the planets that own them would also help other universes (as previously noted).

Grace

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 08:17:53 AM »
Take your territories nearby to each planet and then they will order in position with each planet. Obviously it wont work if your territories are scattered throughout the universe. The co-ords are sat underneath each territory, though, and you can see the link on the home page so I don't see what all of the fuss is about to be honest.

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2014, 05:48:48 PM »
Take your territories nearby to each planet and then they will order in position with each planet. Obviously it wont work if your territories are scattered throughout the universe.  The co-ords are sat underneath each territory, though, and you can see the link on the home page so I don't see what all of the fuss is about to be honest.

Don't be so negative. ;)  Sure, if you have your planets spread across the universe and take each one's territory close to it, then order in the universe will work, but that's not feasible if your planets are grouped together.

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 06:03:30 PM »
It would help when sending resources among Alien Experiments for one.  Which one has the highest research lab?  Which one is full of resources?  Which one needs more resources to do a research?  Which one did you just acquire and can complete a research?  Etc.  These things are not shown on the fleet page.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 06:05:58 PM by commander abаб »

Offline Trump

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2014, 03:44:23 AM »
That will still not put the linked terrie underneath the planet, asuming you'll have your planets before the terries it will put the planets (when order by creation) on top, but the terries will show as you got them, not as they are linked to the planet

Grace

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2014, 07:31:46 PM »
It would help when sending resources among Alien Experiments for one.  Which one has the highest research lab?  Which one is full of resources?  Which one needs more resources to do a research?  Which one did you just acquire and can complete a research?  Etc.  These things are not shown on the fleet page.

I never really bothered much with the alien labs. How many of them do you need ?

Offline Deeds

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2014, 07:38:53 PM »
I havent done so, but cool thing about the labs is that you can build 9 of them with high lab levels..along with 9 colonies with high lab levels..and in theory speed your techs up MAJORLY by going alll the way to ARC 18!
Im sure that is a LONGGG way off before anyone gets there but i wouldnt be surprised to see it later in the uni :P

cool thing is that after you started the tech, you could just get rid of all the labs and the time bonus would remain.

at THIS time though, i dont see any need for more then 1 of them.
MunchMunchMunchMunchMunch

Offline Klaattu

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2014, 02:57:50 PM »
I think something as simple as a tooltip on the territory icon at the top of the page showing the co-ordinates would make things a lot easier.

ARC 18! Even in this universe, you would only need ARCnet 17, but yes, your point it taken and even ARCnet 9 is a ways off.