contact
June 16, 2019, 11:18:02 PM

Author Topic: [Uni3] Mines vs Missions  (Read 1049 times)

Offline DeadShot

• View Profile
[Uni3] Mines vs Missions
« on: April 11, 2014, 09:41:54 PM »
Since day 1 I have contemplated mines vs missions.

After a few days, usually mines take over, but not in Uni3.

I will not be building any mines, and will simply be a fleeter.

Here is what I have determined:

Level 40 mines produce the following with droids and without the geologist on a COLD planet

Hourly
Ore_________771,720
Crystal _____514,525
Hydro_______422,248

Daily
Ore______18,521,275
Crystal___12,348,590
Hydro____10,133,953

8 Planets (one drop colony for heph)
Ore______148,170,200
Crystal___098,788,720
Hydro____081,071,624

With 20 fleet spots, running the Premium Mission of Prom/Hades/Athena without the ops commander (so you have paid for the premium missions)

Per 37 minutes
Ore______19,834,000
Crystal___10,250,000
Hydro____06,250,000

Run 10 missions a day
Ore______198,340,000
Crystal___102,500,000
Hydro____062,500,000

In summary, running one set (with 20 fleet spots) of 37 minute missions will pay out about the same as level 40 mines on one planet.

Lets say you set an alarm on your phone (which is what I do) and run 10 sets of missions a day, you will be bringing in 362 million resources per day.

Level 40 mines on 8 planet will generate 328 Million resources per day.  With level 40 mines, you will not have to do anything other than sit and watch the resources pile up.  Well, except for investing the resources in the mines and storage facilities.

If you increase your AI tech to have more missions, that = more income!!  If you run more than 10 sets of missions a day, that also = more income!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 10:30:45 PM by DeadShot »

Offline Sam Carter

• View Profile
Re: [Uni3] Mines vs Missions
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 10:08:08 PM »
But your calc is for 1 planet, you multiply that by 8 or 9 planets, and the mines can be an additional income on top of your missions

Offline DeadShot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 10:24:11 PM »
Im a dork.

I dont know how I overlooked that...

Offline DeadShot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 10:31:05 PM »
I updated it...

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 07:02:40 AM »
Not to mention in terms of overall points and RSP, I'm assuming you've got at least an F8 in there to build that high, more likely an F9 or F10 at the minimum, pretty much everything up to Ore 27/28ish should be a "free" build or pretty close to it.  So, why not click it off? I've also got some giant warehouses personally, because why not have production rolling while you are spamming missions? I do it mainly for the Hyrdogen as I find myself in short supply frequently, but there should never really be a case of "I'm not building mines", especially when they are free and the return on them is so quick.
Profit=Growth=Advancement=Good

Offline Andrea Nard1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 09:00:08 AM »
Hardly a mine is free, do not confuse complete for free credits... the cost in ore and crys is still there.

A f9 or f10 at this stage is an over uilt at this stage of the game..

Said so, mines will provide good supply of resources when unabble to click missions.... for istance when sleeping

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 09:46:05 AM »
Hardly a mine is free, do not confuse complete for free credits... the cost in ore and crys is still there.

A f9 or f10 at this stage is an over uilt at this stage of the game..

Said so, mines will provide good supply of resources when unabble to click missions.... for istance when sleeping

When I say a free build, I'm referring to having to spend basically no time building it, thus my reference in that post about the return on them being quick(Because of the "new" mining formula). Fully aware that they cost O/C, not exactly my first rodeo.

That being said, in this uni, build time is crucial at this stage and for the next foreseeable month or so. I totally understand that some people would rather crush ships than click missions, and that's fine. But if you've spent any real amount of time doing that at this stage, you're going to fall wayyyyyy behind the leaders who went infrastructure first. Obviously if you've got an open shot at something with minimal losses and the ability to scoop the debris, take that opportunity every time. But I see far too many people building fleet (I'm ranked 104 in fleet with a mission/cargo/harvest fleet only) when they should be putting big foundries, caps, labs, and yards down.

Some might confuse that with having an anti-fleet mentality, but as most SFC:O originals know, I'm all about destroying ships, there's just a time and place for it, and that time isn't when your infrastructure can't support sustained fleeting.

PS, I wouldn't consider an F9 or F10 over kill at this point. RSP output is RSP output any way you slice it. When you lay the infrastructure down first and stick to a plan, it really doesn't seem like it takes that long either, and its basically a necessity to get a high cap to reduce build times to manageable levels.
Profit=Growth=Advancement=Good

kru

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 04:28:24 PM »
wow the missions really are insane

i think the missions payout is really good, it allows players (like me right now) to just simply develop accounts at a very slow pace :)

Offline lazoputz

• we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill
    • Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 08:00:28 PM »
Ya, I am running missions all the time and have a huge surplus of resources right now that I am desperately trying to increase my Research, Foundries, etc, but the incoming loot by far outstrips my ability to spend it. Ahh well, once I get my infrastructure in order I should be able to build a magnificent fleet.