contact
June 20, 2019, 07:19:13 AM

Author Topic: SFCX1 - DSP allocation in GA's  (Read 318 times)

Offline Stoneaxe

• View Profile
SFCX1 - DSP allocation in GA's
« on: May 19, 2014, 12:42:50 PM »
Allocating DSP from NPC GA's is skewing the ranks in SFC-X1.

Several of the high ranking players are attacking NPC's and allowing low rank players (ie 300-400) to ride along to get an equal share of the DSP.  The effect is that these low ranking players become high ranking players (top 10!) in a day or two.

You look at these newcomers rank stats across the board and all their category rankings (Res, Defence, Fleet, etc) are all in the 250-350 range except for their DSP which is #3 or 4.

This is not representative of their true rank and an affront to those of us who work hard for top rankings.

I would like to ask BFG to change the DSP allocation process in SFCX1 to make it fair for all involved.

One suggestion I have is to allocate DSP along ship count lines.   If I send 99 ships and my buddy sends 1 then I get 99% of the DSP and they get 1%.     A slight differentiation on this would be to allocate differing point levels for each ship types (ie Zeus=1000 ship points, prom=600 points, athena=300, artie=50 and probe =1)......thus if someone sent 1,000,000 zeus against and NPC and a probe rode along from another player the Zeus player would get 1,000,000,000 points for every 1 point the probe rider got.

So far, two players in SFC-X1 (Brad Isdal & Michael Duffy of RA alliance) have moved into the top 10 and they don't deserve to be there.  Now ANH is doing the same thing with one of their players, Commander 2Be1Ask1 who has risen from 300+ rank to 15th in a matter of days).

Enough's enough.  This is BS and needs to be adjusted.

Please do something.

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
Re: SFCX1 - DSP allocation in GA's
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 12:55:32 PM »
We appreciate your feedback, but we're not going to change the DSP allocation process this far into the game.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook