contact
September 16, 2019, 03:05:10 PM

Author Topic: 2015 NPC Changes  (Read 4833 times)

Offline REMBROND

• View Profile
2015 NPC Changes
« on: January 02, 2015, 06:28:46 PM »
Anyone else notice that the NPC's are getting Zeus heavy?  I did attacks last night - all was well.  Went looking this morning and the Z-ball counts were much larger on the same kind of targets.   Makes these targets not profitable to hit anymore...

Offline lazoputz

• we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill
    • Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 NPC Changes
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 06:32:48 PM »
Well you wont find them to be static in their makeup; and certainly a change from last night til this morning isnt a sufficient indicator that your targets will remain zeese heavy. Personally, i have been finding a lot more midsized ships and defenses on the targets that I hit, making them less profitable, but certainly no cause for alarm. It simply requires a slight modification in fleet makeup.

Offline Gypsyhunter88

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 10:39:38 PM »
You know I'm always on and scanning laz... I've noticed a slight increase too,, guess bcz bfg has changed code so much,, that zeese hunting is becoming more popular... The more ppl build, the more it reflects.. Trust me I've noticed it a few weeks ago...

Offline Ubar Kai Baily

• Dude from NOISE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 11:05:03 PM »
It's been going on for a while as far as I can see anyway, Zeus heavy like now, then defence heavy, then they get as you would expect them to be followed by a period of actually being quite easy before Zeus heavy again. Seems to take 3 or 4 weeks to do a cycle, just how they seem to appear to me.

I simply reduce NPC hits when they get hard and wait till they're worth hunting again.

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 11:34:59 PM »
It seems to me that the compositions have more variety than they did in the past, for certain.  For example, I've seen self-spawns recently with just a few 10,000s Zs + 70B Apollos, and I've seen self-spawns with 12M Z's, 600M Proms, and only 5B or so Apollos.  The variety does make things a bit more interesting!

Offline REMBROND

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 01:48:52 AM »
Well, I'm taking a break until they become reasonable again.  Makes no sense to attack the NPC when its for no gain....

Offline Laz Triton

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 02:02:32 AM »
Well, I'm taking a break until they become reasonable again.  Makes no sense to attack the NPC when its for no gain....

If your tired of n.p.c.'s try Live players after all this is a PnP game and not Farmsville.

Offline lazoputz

• Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 02:13:51 AM »
@Rembrond: are you certain you cant attack any npcs for profit? I find that hard to believe.

Offline REMBROND

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2015, 02:32:32 AM »
@Lazoputz - NPCs I could hit yesterday with 7-10k proms lost, are now 35k+ prom losses....  When you look at the Resources left over from rebuilding the lost ships, almost everything else has to be traded to make hydro ( refuel & hydro for the ship rebuilds )    There isn't much left after that.   So, less profits, more trade merchant purchases plus more ships to rebuild.   Previously, I could make these hits and have something left over to convert into new ships or infastructure.   Its not the same today...Others in Based On have noticed the same thing today as well, its why I posted on the board.

I do look for non-npc targets also, however they are far and few to find.   The player base is shrinking...

Offline Praetorian Hawke

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2015, 03:18:37 AM »
My biggest issues are that I used to be able to hit enough NPC's daily to cover my overnight FRS plus build new ships, not just those to recover my losses.  Mainly with Hades fleets.  I'd then use my Prom/Ares on Collossus and Colonies, eating the Hydro loss I knew I'd recover on other attacks for the massive DF payday.

Now Hades are horrendously unprofitable and Athena's, while more Hydo easy than Proms, really eat into any DF recovered.

Since the latest NPC change, I'm barely able to cover my nightly FRS and can't even consider building ships beyond just covering my losses.

Offline lazoputz

• Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 02:38:50 PM »
@Rembrond: Agreed, they have become less profitable over the last couple days (continuing into today, so far); but nevertheless, a profit still canbe made. Albeit not as nice as a few days ago. Perhaps its just a normal swing? We can only wait and see. Certainly my fleet growth has suffered lately due to the reduced returns on the hits after expenses are covered, which makes it even more improbable that one could overtake the top 2-5.

Offline Toxic

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2015, 03:27:36 PM »
cylces my friends ...everything comes and goes

if you are here long enough , you hear this complaint every few months when the zues count cycles higher than normal....

this is NOT a new problem, or a problem at all , except for a few dry days ....i have seen a return to normalcy with the spawns so far today :)

just launched on a real softie ,,,time to party

Offline lazoputz

• Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2015, 05:59:17 PM »
Nice, Toxic. I have only found one worthy NPC so far today, and was probably a hangover from one of yesterday's spawns. On my second pass through now, maybe I will find something like your current target. If not, well I will just search again later tonight.

Offline lazoputz

• Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2015, 06:46:15 PM »
A quick update on my observations: yup. the spike is over and the NPCs are back to "normal". At least, they are back to the way they were a few days ago.

Offline REMBROND

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2015, 09:41:28 PM »
I'm sticking my head out to look again.  Will report back what I find..   :)

birthmark-ant