contact
June 17, 2019, 01:28:41 PM

Author Topic: 3rd Tournament Proposal  (Read 12796 times)

Offline Rayman of HV

• View Profile
3rd Tournament Proposal
« on: March 14, 2015, 06:58:22 PM »
Hi All -

3rd TOURNAMENT PROPOSAL

The following proposal is based on 8 alliances participating. If we have more than this I'll modify the tournament into either a straight double elimination or do the World Cup format. For now, its a round robin in the initial round whereby all alliances are warring with each other simultaneously (i.e. each has 7 wars going at once). The top 4 alliances advance to a single elimination bracket to decide who is the champion.

To participate an alliance must have 10 members. The previous rules governing alliances adding player apply -
  • No alliance may add any players from another alliance that has been knocked out of the tournament
  • In between rounds, alliances are free to add / drop members provided it doesn't violate the previous rule and they remain above the 10 member threshold
The following tactics will constitute a forfeit by any alliance using them -
  • Resource dumping
  • Tag dropping while an attack is inbound
  • Unwelcome Group defend
As for Unwelcome group defends -

If the joiner is from a different alliance in the tournament then:
  • That's person's alliance will forfeit all of their Round Robin wars OR forfeits their round in the Elimination Round
  • The Battle will be recalculated to determine the points that should have be awarded using Battlementat. Unfortunately it will then be on those 2 fighting alliance leaders to keep track of their points manually . The war continues until one side acquires enough points to win outright
  • If the Battle would have resulted in a victory for either side then the losing side will surrender to grant victory to the winning alliance
If the joiner is from a different alliance not in the tournament then:
  • The Battle will be recalculated to determine the points that should have be awarded using Battlementat. Unfortunately it will then be on those 2 fighting alliance leaders to keep track of their points manually (Matt - Please let me know if BFG might consider adjusting points). The war continues until one side acquires enough points to win outright.
  • If the Battle would have resulted in a victory for either side then the losing side will surrender to grant victory to the winning alliance.
  • Alliance leaders are responsibly for conveying & emphasizing the this rule and the consequences if its violated. Please make sure they know.

Satellites are valid targets however its completely up to the players if they do or don't attack these.

FORMAT

Round Robin
  • Duration - 4 weeks
  • Diplomacy Rate - 75% (would like this to be 50%)
  • Victory - 50m Pts
Scoring -
  • 2 pts - Win
  • 1 pt - Tie
  • 0 pts - Loss
Total War point difference determines who wins in case of ties.

Elimination Round
  • Duration - 4 weeks
  • Diplomacy Rate - 50% (really would like this but if need be it can be 75%)
  • Victory - 75m Pts
Who plays who?
  • #1 Seed vs #4 Seed
  • #2 Seed vs #3 Seed
I'm looking for any other rules that govern the tournament. As always my goal is to maintain the spirit of the tournament rather than the absolutely "letter of the law". I'm working on the Prize proposal and will post that once I have it worked out with Matt & BFG.

Rayman

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
Re: 3rd Tournament Proposal
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 08:44:23 PM »
As I wrote in the "3" thread:

One thing is for certain -- if everyone is fighting everyone else, then no one can complain about someone else being in a soft bracket!

I'd love that first-round format, because it ensures that we (HOD) get to have a war with B.A.D.  They declined to dance with us following Tourney 2.  They were too tired, or something like that.

Offline Scott Antichow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 09:32:42 PM »
Sound awesome Ray man. just awesome!!

Offline Rayman of HV

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 12:18:37 AM »
Hi All -

I've sent the Prize proposal for the next tournament over to Matt & BFG. Once its been agreed too I'll post it for all to see. Please keep in mind that with fewer alliances playing I've reduce the total prize pool accordingly.

Rayman.

P.S. Start making final preparations for the Free For All round. I'll send out who sends who war requests shortly.

Offline Commander Kangar

• Nope
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 09:08:34 PM »
Is there an updated list of participants?

Offline Commander Kangar

• Nope
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 10:35:49 PM »
Also some clarity on two points please.

1) Tag dropping IS acceptable as long as they are not under attack, but then they will not be allowed back in during the tournament. Is that correct?

2) I assume normal wartime group-attack rules apply? That being that a group attack from two separate alliances will not count towards either war.

Offline Rayman of HV

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 11:10:54 PM »
Here's the update list of alliances participating in the tournament -
  • Pilgrims
  • Based On
  • HOD
  • B.A.D.
  • COLD
  • Feds
  • ANVIL (Newest addition)
I'm still hoping to find an 8th. This weekend I'll post who sends war requests to who. Remember its a royal rumble. Presently each alliance will have 6 wars going at the same time.

Rayman

Offline Rayman of HV

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 11:21:56 PM »
To All -

To answer the question that have been asked -

1) Tag dropping IS acceptable as long as they are not under attack, but then they will not be allowed back in during the tournament. Is that correct?

Yes, players can be drop from the alliance as long as they aren't under attack. Keep in mind that if by doing so the alliance drops below the 10 member threshold they forfeit all of their remaining wars currently active. Further no player(s)/member(s) may be added once a round has started. Doing so incurs the same penalty as going below the 10 member threshold.

2) I assume normal wartime group-attack rules apply? That being that a group attack from two separate alliances will not count towards either war.

That is correct!

Offline Commander Kangar

• Nope
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 11:44:41 PM »
Thank you, Rayman.

Offline Scott Antichow

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 01:05:24 AM »
The game regulates the group attack on its own. During war any attackers outside the alliance just negate the war points. There is no points awarded for that hit.

Offline Prince of Dardania

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 01:28:21 AM »
I know it used to be that way.

Offline Rayman of HV

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2015, 10:12:50 PM »
UPDATE TO ALLIANCES -
  • Pilgrims
  • Based On
  • HOD
  • B.A.D.
  • COLD
  • Feds
  • ANVIL (Newest addition)
  • Empire (Working to secure 10+ members)[/i]
Rayman

Offline censored

• censored
    • Facebook - censored
    • LinkedIn - censored
    • Skype - censored
    • Twitter - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2015, 10:14:08 PM »
ooooo Empire arises from the ashes.
Butthurt losers completely owned by me:

Matt H
Grace
Swanvesta
Tech9
BrianC

Offline Dr.Deeds

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2015, 11:08:14 PM »
now where's Exiled? lol if any of them are even still in original :P

Offline Prince of Dardania

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2015, 11:38:03 PM »
8 alliances enough for a clean double elimination. Guarantees each alliance gets a minimum of three matches. Just a thought.