contact
June 16, 2019, 10:54:41 PM

Author Topic: 3rd Tournament Proposal  (Read 12792 times)

boom boom

Re: 3rd Tournament Proposal
« Reply #120 on: May 06, 2015, 08:36:12 AM »
look your boring everyone now go away.
go back to your E2 AND YOUR POXY HIT THREAD YOU MONG.
Nobody cares what you have to say you do not play this uni

Offline Grace

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 06, 2015, 11:15:25 AM »
As much of a tool GOV is, he does have a valid point. Obviously everyone is entitled to post wherever they want, but it is out of place posting on a uni board which you aren't playing.

How about it, Cen?
With the new unis going nowhere and dying more quickly, it would be nice to get a few more of the old players back to original.
uh ohhhh... the fat kid got a nuke button!

Offline censored

• censored
    • Facebook - censored
    • LinkedIn - censored
    • Skype - censored
    • Twitter - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #122 on: May 06, 2015, 11:30:09 AM »
Cut the uni to 10 galaxies, double the speed, and kill npcs and p/d mode and I'm there.

I've pretty well had enough of uni's that require pulling out the wallet to merch for hydro and compete for the top 100, let alone the top 10. I'm still in HG because I have 16T H I haven't used up, and a merchant I won in the draw that will extend that some. It may be that trading with other players will extend that even further. But once I hit a pay wall I'm out.

I don't mind spending money on credits here and there. Any game that I play for more than an hour a week is worth dropping some cash into. But if I can buy a PS3 or PS4 game every few weeks for the cost of playing SFC, then I'm going to drop SFC.

Eradeon X is the first uni I've played in about 2 years that had cash investment as an option, not a requirement. It is extremely refreshing. I have no desire to go backwards in my spending habits.
Butthurt losers completely owned by me:

Matt H
Grace
Swanvesta
Tech9
BrianC

Offline Grace

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 06, 2015, 11:39:01 AM »
You are never going to compete for a top 10 place in a uni this well established no matter how much you spend. Top 100 might be achievable if you know how to play. The idea is to play at the level you can up to the point where it doesn't cost any money. I have played at both ends of the leaderboard and to be honest with you, some of my best game play moments have occurred when I have joined a uni late and tools like Gael there have mistaken me for a target. It makes things more interesting.

boom boom

« Reply #124 on: May 06, 2015, 12:02:11 PM »
My point is people are welcome on these boards.
However some idiot to come out of his way on to these boards just to try to get a slagging match with me is not.
I have enough of it babysitting aneas.
Why can he not just stick on his my poxy hit v everyone loool? .
Hes just a sad individual trying to fish for drama.
Everyone else is ok.

Offline censored

• censored
    • Facebook - censored
    • LinkedIn - censored
    • Skype - censored
    • Twitter - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #125 on: May 06, 2015, 12:28:08 PM »
You are never going to compete for a top 10 place in a uni this well established no matter how much you spend.

That is not true. Laz pulled it off. All you need is money, time, dedication, and focus. Provided you have sufficient amounts of these, even attaining #1 is possible. It may take a year or two or even three, but it can be done. It has been done.

The idea is to play at the level you can up to the point where it doesn't cost any money. I have played at both ends of the leaderboard and to be honest with you, some of my best game play moments have occurred when I have joined a uni late and tools like Gael there have mistaken me for a target. It makes things more interesting.

I have a different experience being on the low end. People who don't have half your skill, but have played long enough to have a fleet it will take months to build; can and will bully the crap out of you without any issue. In some cases it may be arguably deserved, but just as often it isn't.

On two separate occasions I played under a different name than I usually do just to see what happened when my reputation didn't precede me. It was an eye opening experience that I won't repeat again. I may have come out the victor in the end, but the time and resources wasted in doing so were absolutely not worth it.

But even when people have a healthy respect for you and you can be about your own business, there's no challenge. People at the low end are generally there for good reason. They don't fleetsave and they don't know the advanced gameplay strategies and tactics. Killing them is like shooting fish in a barrel. I never get the adrenaline rush that comes over me when I'm attacking someone who is credibly dangerous. I've had a lot more fun dancing with players like Bodge, Ken, Casey, Andy, Kip, Salty, Gunny, Brick, Kink,  and many more than I ever had smashing noobs down. There's a real risk battling that calibre of player, no matter that I may disparage some of them. I never find that challenge amongst the low end of the leaderboard.
Butthurt losers completely owned by me:

Matt H
Grace
Swanvesta
Tech9
BrianC

Offline Gael Of Virtue

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 06, 2015, 01:21:54 PM »
As much of a tool GOV is, he does have a valid point. Obviously everyone is entitled to post wherever they want, but it is out of place posting on a uni board which you aren't playing.

Awww.. you flatter me Grace!  :)

Offline Grace

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 06, 2015, 05:54:03 PM »
Cen, it depends how you play, I suppose, and whatever floats your boat. One of the benefits of being on the low end is that targets come looking for you, which is ideal in a slow uni and makes the game more tactical. If you set up correctly, and know what you are doing, you can draw such players in who you mentioned, or bait any of them who are inclined to be vindictive. We are all inclined to different pleasures, but in my experience, there is nothing which quite measures up to making a so called top player look like a noob. Obviously this wont suit you if take more pleasure from hunting.