contact
September 15, 2019, 12:34:09 PM

Author Topic: 3rd Tournament Proposal  (Read 13261 times)

Offline Rayman of HV

• View Profile
Re: 3rd Tournament Proposal
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2015, 11:47:47 PM »
Ok. Thanks for the heads up. Let me know as soon as you can and i'll make the adjustment to war request. I apologize if I got that in error.

Offline Commander Kangar

• Nope
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2015, 11:52:45 PM »
HOD has to vote "no",  sorry.  However, we should have between 8 - 10 active players, so there should be enough HOD targets for others.

You should be able to open that up a bit, get some of those guys out for the fun!

Um, somebody just let me know that Feds are being listed as being in this current war. I'm pretty sure that is wrong. Contacting Maz now. Wanted to give you a heads up ASAP, in case it was supposed to be a different alliance. As far as everybody in the Feds knows, we're taking a pass on this one, as we all have a whole lot of RL going on.

Sounds like your group needs a good distraction from RL, something like a good war tournament!

Offline Rayman of HV

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2015, 12:12:30 AM »
I've sent a message to the Feds leader (Michael) and as soon as I hear back from him will give an update. If they are out I have the update War request schedule already. Stay tuned all.

Offline Captain Theodore

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2015, 12:38:02 AM »
Based on working towards the 50 percent Dip mode as well. Not there yet but should be by start of war April 1.

Offline Rayman of HV

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2015, 12:40:52 AM »
That's great however this has to be a unanimous vote since its so close the the tournament's start. With HOD objecting this proposal of 50% will be tabled for now until the next tournament.

Offline Commander Kangar

• Nope
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2015, 12:49:53 AM »
OH C'MON HOD! YOU'RE THE #1 ALLIANCE! YOU CAN DO 50%!! Even BO is agreeing, and they're only ranked #120th!

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2015, 01:56:16 AM »
LOL!

Sorry, but we'd have to move several of our perma-d's out of the Alliance in order to make the 50% mark.  We did that for Tourney 1, and we didn't like the result. Those guys and gals, who are our friends and SFCO family, were left on the outside with respect to being able to participate in our daily communications and war chatter.  We don't want to do that to them again.

The key thing here really is the number of active players, right?  We'll have 8 - 10 actives during the tourney.  That should be enough HODdists for you guys and gals to try to whack.

Offline Prophets of the Dark Side

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2015, 02:36:05 AM »
COLD has no problem with a rule change to 50% "d" mode

Offline CMDR Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2015, 04:21:35 AM »
Since when did a unanimous vote become the word of the day?? And, why are the other Alliances being held "hostage" to a unanimous vote? Never have we had a unanimous vote on anything so far... why do we need a unanimous vote on the percentage of dip now? Only one Alliance has voted NO on this. I think they are in the minority and should abide by the majority as it always has been or drop out.

Since the rules have not been clearly posted for all to read, I suggest we need to go back to tournaments one and two and pull ALL the rules together, once and for all.

Offline Mr.P

• Leader of The Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2015, 04:38:49 AM »
Rayman when do i send out my WAR Request ??

Offline Mr.P

• Leader of The Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2015, 04:41:35 AM »
On the  WAR Request there is no place to put a date, only number of days

Offline Rayman of HV

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2015, 04:44:29 AM »
CMDR -

I was asking for a 100% vote since this was a late change that I was looking and hoping to make. However certain alliances may not have joined the tournament under different conditions. My goal is to include as many alliances in the tournament that I can. The prize allocation is loosely based on the number of alliances participating. My motto - the more the merrier. As far as the tournament rules, they have been stated earlier in this thread for all to read. I've even clarified the rules when a few questions were asked. 

I'm more than willing to let someone else organize, coordinate w/ BFG and run the next tournament if they'd like.

Rayman

Offline Rayman of HV

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2015, 04:46:55 AM »
To answer the questions, the total number of days should be 28 days (4 weeks). All war request should be sent out by 3/31 0000hrs and not accepted by the other alliance until 4/1 0000 hrs.  I will post the updated war requests as the Feds will not be participating due to RL issues with many of their members.

Offline Rayman of HV

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2015, 04:49:02 AM »
Using the following order of alliances, here are the war requests and who sends them out to whom.

Pilgrims
   Based On
   HOD
   B.A.D.
   COLD
   ANVIL
   Empire

- Pilgrims send to Based On
 - Pilgrims send to HOD
 - Pilgrims send to B.A.D.

- Based On send to HOD
 - Based On send to B.A.D.
 - Based On send to COLD

- HOD send to B.A.D.
 - HOD send to COLD
 - HOD send to ANVIL.

- B.A.D. send to COLD
 - B.A.D. send to ANVIL
 - B.A.D. send to Empire

- COLD send to Pilgrims
 - COLD send to ANVIL
 - COLD send to Empire

- ANVIL send to Empire
 - ANVIL send to Pilgrims
 - ANVIL send to Based On

- Empire send to Pilgrims
 - Empire send to Based On
 - Empire send to HOD

The war request should include the following -

50m War points for victory
   Inactive do not count
   Duration - 28 days (End date 4/29 0000hrs UTC)
   Diplomacy Rate - 75%

Offline Commander Kangar

• Nope
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2015, 12:06:18 PM »
Since when did a unanimous vote become the word of the day?? And, why are the other Alliances being held "hostage" to a unanimous vote? Never have we had a unanimous vote on anything so far... why do we need a unanimous vote on the percentage of dip now? Only one Alliance has voted NO on this. I think they are in the minority and should abide by the majority as it always has been or drop out.

Since the rules have not been clearly posted for all to read, I suggest we need to go back to tournaments one and two and pull ALL the rules together, once and for all.

My vote is yes to the 50% d-mode limit. However, if it causes HOD to drop out, then I change my vote to no.

Honestly, HOD is not my main concern with the D-mode percentage, it is the alliances that are struggling to meet the 10 member limit. An alliance with only 10 members can get away with 3 active members, which is a decided advantage. I want all alliances involved so far to participate, and no one to drop out, but my hope is that the smaller ones have active groups. It does seem like that is the case.