contact
June 17, 2019, 05:20:16 AM

Author Topic: Final thoughts on eraddeon extreme  (Read 5899 times)

Offline kru

• View Profile
Re: Final thoughts on eraddeon extreme
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2015, 01:18:47 PM »
@ Pantin.
A 2nd version of hired guns would be nice. However, perhaps if they cant implement any previous suggestions made to balance it, it might work a lil better without resources yielded from NPCs. At least if there were no resources from NPCs the alien ship builds wouldn't fall as far behind te rate of human ship builds.

i actually have the perfect suggestion for you....Seeing how you are so vocal and soooooooo committed to getting BFG to design and release the perfect universe for you, at a time that suits you....why don't you fun off, take out a loan, go to college and learn how to design and build your own game just the way YOU want it, and then release it when YOU want it released..

Lets see how long before another version of you creates an account and makes 254 posts of uninformed, un-worthwhile shite!
gT brn b Th rk

Offline Conan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2015, 01:24:05 PM »

Rescource availability will always be an issue in any new universe as we are as players now accustomed to huge amounts from NPCs etc etc.

LOL, I understand English just fine and your condescending nature is getting old.   Apparently you always have other information in your head that we are to infer from your vague statement.  A statement I might add that was in a separate paragraph from your comment about Uni3/Erad2 and therefore not linked.  The word "NOT" is not in the line I quoted.  But there is a type-o in the first word and "as we are as players" is quite clumsy. Maybe you need remedial English classes?

Offline Grace

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2015, 01:29:19 PM »
Conan, just ignore him he's an idiot
uh ohhhh... the fat kid got a nuke button!

Offline kru

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2015, 01:30:53 PM »
LOL, I understand English just fine and your condescending nature is getting old.   Apparently you always have other information in your head that we are to infer from your vague statement.  A statement I might add that was in a separate paragraph from your comment about Uni3/Erad2 and therefore not linked.  The word "NOT" is not in the line I quoted.  But there is a type-o in the first word and "

is quite clumsy. Maybe you need remedial English classes?

actually, your ability of comprehension most likely needs remedial work.  There is no typo, just a missed out comma, either way, if players like you claim to have such 'great' reading skills, then certainly re-reading would have helped alleviate any confusion.

Funny thing about the human brain is that it can automatically correct and make sense of things (some people obviously do not have that basic trait).

Rescource availability will always be an issue in any new universe as we are, as players now accustomed to huge amounts from NPCs etc etc.
"

now see look, just the simple addition of a comma would prompt for a break in the sentence
gT brn b Th rk

Offline MC HAMER TIME

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2015, 01:58:04 PM »
SO WHATS THIS ORACLE LOCK THING I KEEP HEERING ABOWT WHEN DID BFG ADD THAT IN

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2015, 02:31:36 PM »
"Rescource availability will always be an issue in any new universe as [...]we, as players, are now accustomed to huge amounts from NPCs etc etc. " would be much, much clearer. :)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 02:37:53 PM by Commander ABаб »

Offline MC HAMER TIME

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2015, 02:37:00 PM »
I AGREE WITH KRU THIS UNI IS ABUNDANTLY VOID OF RESORCES

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2015, 02:39:11 PM »
I AGREE WITH KRU THIS UNI IS ABUNDANTLY VOID OF RESORCES

It's always an issue in every universe. :)

Offline Immortal Tech N9ne

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2015, 05:26:43 PM »
@ grace see ya later gracey I can't say i will miss you trolling my battle thread well I guess i will miss trollin you back

@ matt H LMAO you are the king don't listen to grace she's just bitchin cuz she isn't good at this uni or any other uni for that matter she never has anything constructive to say so she gets picked on a lot I'm surprised censored hasn't come in and put her in her place yet 

@ the rest of ya'll this uni is still going so leave your final thoughts for  when it is closer to the end or at least until you quit the uni
together we are a powerful force as one mind body and soul let no evil enter nor attempt to reduce us because of the beliefs we hold and with this love combined with our strength we ward off pain and stress technician I am wholeheartedly in life and in death

11/30/15

4    Grand Admiral Twisted Insane T9‎    INQ    116,289,801,391

my victims MUHAHAA
SpartanBlob [BYOB] 3,400,560,000 DSP
Bad Monkey [TRQ] 24,941,965,860 DSP.
The Undertaker-[D12] 8,190,887,465
The machine-[FF]-14,922,637,738
Anomander-[TRQ] 2,608,073,370 DSP
Commander Ratpick-[No alliance] 1,408,295,575 DSP
Sardaukar-[BYOB] 2,865,823,634 DSP
Galvatron-[TRQ] 51,124,601,264
Firmwisdom- [SS] 1,210,754,693 DSP
Painbringer-[BYOB] 782,746,870 DSP
King Godzilla [SS]-294,796,422 DSP

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2015, 05:50:11 PM »
@ grace see ya later gracey I can't say i will miss you trolling my battle thread well I guess i will miss trollin you back

@ matt H LMAO you are the king don't listen to grace she's just bitchin cuz she isn't good at this uni or any other uni for that matter she never has anything constructive to say so she gets picked on a lot I'm surprised censored hasn't come in and put her in her place yet 

@ the rest of ya'll this uni is still going so leave your final thoughts for  when it is closer to the end or at least until you quit the uni

I agree. ;)

Offline censored

• censored
    • Facebook - censored
    • LinkedIn - censored
    • Skype - censored
    • Twitter - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2015, 06:09:37 PM »
First, the OP.

1: There is no such thing as a start date which will accommodate everyone, so this is a stupid thing to complain about.

2a: As this is one of only two uni's without npc acceleration, and as it has a feature seen in only 2 other uni's, and as none of those uni's are carbon copies of EX, this is simply another complaint based in a lack of thought or fact.

2b: As much as I love the Triton, the ship is brokenly powerful. I would have the #1 fleet in the game if it were in EX. It would simply introduce exponential growth to the uni. That would be bad.

3: Moons were never responsible for the exodus of players from the game. For every person who quit over the addition of moons, there are 10+ people who quit because the game requires constant attention. And another 10+ people who quit because of splitting the player base. And another 10+ people who quit because of p mode. And another 10+ people who quit because of npcs. And the list goes on.

4: Ok, sure. Why not. I won't build any, but have fun with very slow recyclers that always arrive too late.

Now for the rest of the topic...

"A 2nd version of hired guns would be nice. However, perhaps if they cant implement any previous suggestions made to balance it, it might work a lil better without resources yielded from NPCs. At least if there were no resources from NPCs the alien ship builds wouldn't fall as far behind te rate of human ship builds."

Alien ships HAVE to take longer because most of them would be broken otherwise.
The real problem is that none of the original ships should have been classified as alien.

"oh, i'm sorry....i didn't realise there was a set amount of time i was supposed to be playing in each universe,"

Oh look, a hypocrite. Moving on...

"@ the rest of ya'll this uni is still going so leave your final thoughts for  when it is closer to the end or at least until you quit the uni"

Well said. This uni is still in its infancy. Many top players haven't even started on fleet yet. Criticizing it now is akin to the criticism of Triton early in HG. When pretty much everyone thought they were useless. Funny how that did a complete 180 after a few months.
Butthurt losers completely owned by me:

Matt H
Grace
Swanvesta
Tech9
BrianC

Offline Grace

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2015, 11:47:22 AM »
@ censored

while you are correct in one sense, there will never be a start date to accommodate everyone, there does tend to be more activity in this game over the winter months and more players are likely to play it.

While the triton might provide a good return as the uni develops over time, in the early days when the ship numbers where more reasonable, there was a better balance. You are measuring their effect, as they are, from an inflated uni with a stupid amount of resource availability and imposing this effect on a uni which does not have that effect. See your own 2a comment and slap yourself over the head with it. you are talking years and years before a uni without NPCs can come anywhere near the effect you are talking about. The triton is a good ship in principle which can be adjusted in the same way the % gains from eradeon were.

Moons played a big factor in killing players off in the game. This is just the way it was whether you see it or not. Granted, however, there were other factors also, but moons was a big one.

you have no imagination.

that is an excellent point about the human ships. I agree, they should never have been classified as alien. With respect to the alien ships themselves... what you are saying may or may not be correct, but it doesn't matter. there are new ships there which we haven't yet played with properly and would like to play around with the all to see which ones might fit into the game best. We could provide feedback on what works and what doesn't in order to add to or remove from future unis.

Just ignore him he's an idiot

Offline Wargasm

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2015, 11:53:25 AM »
You know Grace, people might actually agree with you once in awhile if you didn't resort to personal insults in every single post you make.

Moons didn't kill the player base.  Players killed the player base.  I was one of them in Extreme 1, 2 and Nova.  When you lose a fleet that took over a year to build, it's very difficult to muster the will to rebuild it.  People that didn't quit for this very reason are the people who mistakenly insist that NPC's are vital to a thriving universe.

Offline Grace

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2015, 12:03:20 PM »
You know Grace, people might actually agree with you once in awhile if you didn't resort to personal insults in every single post you make.

Moons didn't kill the player base.  Players killed the player base.  I was one of them in Extreme 1, 2 and Nova.  When you lose a fleet that took over a year to build, it's very difficult to muster the will to rebuild it.  People that didn't quit for this very reason are the people who mistakenly insist that NPC's are vital to a thriving universe.

I don't agree with your observation about moons. Yes, players quit because they lost their fleets which took a long time to build and would be difficult to replace, but this fleet loss was accelerated when moons were introduced and many a player was killed off with an oracle lock and consequently left the game because of it.

Offline censored

• censored
    • Facebook - censored
    • LinkedIn - censored
    • Skype - censored
    • Twitter - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2015, 12:35:23 PM »
@ censored

while you are correct in one sense, there will never be a start date to accommodate everyone, there does tend to be more activity in this game over the winter months and more players are likely to play it.

I am correct in every sense. Show me some actual statistics or be quiet. :)

While the triton might provide a good return as the uni develops over time, in the early days when the ship numbers where more reasonable, there was a better balance.

Amazing demonstration of your ignorance and failure to utilise logic. Triton were of little impact early on because nobody built them. Nobody thought they'd be worth the trouble. Now people know how to use them, and things would be quite different.

You are measuring their effect, as they are, from an inflated uni with a stupid amount of resource availability and imposing this effect on a uni which does not have that effect.

You fail to comprehend the basic fact that everything in this uni matches perfectly with HG with the sole exception of df's. Even better actually. In the first few months of HG the majority of ships found on npcs were crappy fighters, because the huge tech tree slowed everything down. Even today you don't get nearly as many Hades as you do Athena. But here Hades were the #1 ship to be found on npcs within 2 weeks. I'd have a stupid number of Hades by now if Triton were in the game.

See your own 2a comment and slap yourself over the head with it. you are talking years and years before a uni without NPCs can come anywhere near the effect you are talking about. The triton is a good ship in principle which can be adjusted in the same way the % gains from eradeon were.

No little fool, I'll slap YOU over the head with it. The fact that npcs don't give resources does NOT prevent an inevitable exponential growth, it just slows it down a bit. In the long run, increasing the size of your fleet by 10% of your targets fleet with every hit still significantly accelerates the growth curve.

Moons played a big factor in killing players off in the game. This is just the way it was whether you see it or not. Granted, however, there were other factors also, but moons was a big one.

No they didn't, whether you accept reality or not.

you have no imagination.

You aren't qualified to make that assessment. I AM qualified to make that assessment, and so I will: You have no imagination.

that is an excellent point about the human ships. I agree, they should never have been classified as alien. With respect to the alien ships themselves... what you are saying may or may not be correct, but it doesn't matter. there are new ships there which we haven't yet played with properly and would like to play around with the all to see which ones might fit into the game best. We could provide feedback on what works and what doesn't in order to add to or remove from future unis.

This proves you have no imagination. You are incapable of doing basic mathematics to extrapolate likely futures from current events. Otherwise you'd instantly recognise the fact that the only fighter or cargo ship worth building in HG would be the Vortex. That one ship would make 5 different standard ships obsolete, and render many of the new ships as also obsolete.

Just ignore him he's an idiot

Apply this comment to Grace, everyone. As always, she never had a clue. :)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 01:01:14 PM by censored »
Butthurt losers completely owned by me:

Matt H
Grace
Swanvesta
Tech9
BrianC

birthmark-ant