contact
September 19, 2019, 07:20:40 PM

Author Topic: 4th Tournament - Calling All Alliance!  (Read 7529 times)

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
Re: 4th Tournament - Calling All Alliance!
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2015, 07:11:06 PM »
Further,

Creating a faux alliance to participate in a war can be pretty unsatisfying.  Let's say that the FA wins.  Big deal!  The war record goes with it, not your permanent alliance.  Pfffft.

boom boom

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2015, 08:44:22 PM »
I dont think they will win anyhow.
and war record means nothing anyhow look at pact 48-1 wins lol
Im just trying to get us to the prefered 8 alliance total and im sure it can be reachable as theres players that want in but there alliances are to soft for a bit of fun wrongly thinking it makes them safer

Offline Rayman of HV

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2015, 09:14:31 PM »
The tentative start date for the tournament will be 7/13. I would like a minimum of 8 alliances to run. If we don't get 8 then i'll see what I can cobble together with what we have.

Offline Dr.Deeds

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2015, 09:50:19 PM »
I will be stepping out of my alliance during the tourney, as I will be moving, starting a new,job, and starting college all within that time.

So, that said, I will also be creating an alliance a few days prior to the tournament which will function as the "bleachers" so to speak. Active following of the tournament, and simultaneous Olympic style "challenges" for those who join me.

My reason for, this is to create a safe haven, with no drama allowed, for members of any participating alliances who do not with to be involved.
Hopefully this will allow some alliances to more easily maintain d mode percentages, maybe convince new alliances to participate with the peace of mind that any of their members who aren't ready will have a fun alternative available, and create an overall better experience for everyone involved.

Anyone will be allowed in, so long as they do not disturb the peace, and maybe even rival alliance members can become friends.

Hopefully this will help out with getting more alliances involved, and keeping it fun for some who are in participating alliances but don't want to be involved as individuals.

Happy Hunting
-Deeds

Offline censored

• censored
    • Facebook - censored
    • LinkedIn - censored
    • Skype - censored
    • Twitter - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2015, 10:22:44 PM »
Sounds cool. Hopefully it works out.
Butthurt losers completely owned by me:

Matt H
Grace
Swanvesta
Tech9
BrianC

Offline Prince of Dardania

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2015, 03:36:39 AM »
As the rules currently stand B.A.D. is withdrawing from the upcoming tournament so you can find another alliance to fill that spot. Should the rules change we will re-visit this issue. Furthermore as the BasedOn Training Officer (yep, that's me check it out,) BasedOn will have to review it's entrance as well. Their current level of zombie accounts is a cause for concern.

Offline Dr.Deeds

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2015, 03:46:04 AM »
What rules are BAD concerned with?

Offline Prince of Dardania

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2015, 03:55:49 AM »
Well Deeds you devious little snake, didn;t seem like you would be around since you we leaving, probably to spy on another alliance, but since you asked

This is garbage.

If one alliance fulfills the 100m point total before the time limit
•   Losing side issues another war declaration a.s.a.p. and fighting continues until the time limit has been reached (i.e. 3 weeks); please let me know when new war request is issued immediately so i can track the time limit as well.
•   Winning side must accept war request within 24 hours or lose against that opponent

Make it to 100 million if you like but once you are beat you are beat. this element is ridiculous and seems to indicate alliances must stay at war for three weeks. That's preposterous.

Furthermore, there is no change in d mode. this allows sham alliances consisting of 2-3 active players to continue to masquerade as large alliances. You know, alliances such a BasedOn, and others. 

Run along now Deeds, we're done.

Offline censored

• censored
    • Facebook - censored
    • LinkedIn - censored
    • Skype - censored
    • Twitter - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2015, 04:06:42 AM »
Ah for the good old days when wars raged for years because neither side wanted to be the pussy that surrendered...
Butthurt losers completely owned by me:

Matt H
Grace
Swanvesta
Tech9
BrianC

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2015, 06:10:47 AM »
Prince, you must have missed the point where an alliance is required to maintain 10 active players. So, no "sham alliances" with 10 members and only 3 members not in "d" or "v".  True, they could be a 10-member alliance with 7 people in "p", but we've seen a lot of larger alliances, with 20 - 30 people, where most of the active members hid in "p" mode when they weren't online.  If you can come up with a workable approach to address that, let Rayman know.  I'm sure he'll consider it.  One approach would be to outlaw p-mode, but a number of folks already have stated that such an idea is a non-starter due to RL issues.

The deal with the continual wars for 3 weeks is to help work around the current reality that the max points permitted by SFCO coding (100M) is way too low, given the reality of current fleet sizes.  The idea is you play for 3 weeks and whoever is ahead on points in each match (say, BAD vs. HOD, Pilgrims vs. BO, whatever) after 3 weeks wins.  So, you win a WAR -- a campaign -- rather than just a single BATTLE. 

If the game permitted trillion-point wars, we'd probably be going for that, but the game doesn't.  So, Rayman is trying the next best thing -- reach 100M and start over, rinse and repeat until 3 weeks time has passed.

boom boom

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2015, 06:22:51 AM »
His alliance is now incapable of taking part in a tourny is what he is trying to say.
Its 97% d mode and 3% s mode it would fail at the 1st hurdle.
Also notice how he trys to claim he has trained us up to such a fantastic high level haha
What a joke maybe he should train his own alliance cause they are crumbling without his vast knowledge.
Personaly i think theres no point bad taking part anyhow they will just get beat anyhow.
As for BASED ON we are going for the 1st alliance to successfully defend its crown.#
That will make us so elite that we may brag about it for 2 month like aneas did.

Offline Captain Theodore

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2015, 03:29:48 PM »
During the past wars Based on held a Dip level around 35 percent. We had more active members playing the game that B.A.D had playing. So those BAD boys have nothing to whine about Based on.  We have 23 members to BAD 22 members. We currently have 47 percent in dip mode and several coming out now. By wartime it will be well below 40 percent dip mode. I have no problem with keeping the dip mode at 50 percent. We have had no problem keeping the dip mode below that level.

My concern is the way the wars are totaled up. I would prefer a win to be a win and a loss to be a loss. NO VICTORY POINTS ADDED up. Reason is this.

Lets say Based on wins 4 wars for a total 4 wins and 1 trillion points but loses 1 war with a total 2 trillion points. We lose the tourny but have 4 wins to 1 loss. I would prefer the wins losses to count and not the victory points.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 03:31:31 PM by Captain Theodore »

Offline occuli imperator

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2015, 03:37:08 PM »
the P mode and V mode dont affect the D mode.
that may be a problem for some alliance.
My enemy’s enemy is a problem for later: In the meantime, they might be useful.

Offline Captain Theodore

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2015, 03:51:52 PM »
Based on has no one in V mode. Rest not in dip mode are active part or the whole part of the day. Most use P mode when retiring for the evening as do most of us in all the alliances.

Offline occuli imperator

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2015, 03:53:13 PM »
I know...LOLLLLLLLL ;D
My enemy’s enemy is a problem for later: In the meantime, they might be useful.