contact
September 21, 2019, 03:13:55 AM

Author Topic: 2nd JV Tournament  (Read 22026 times)

Offline Justice Umbiya

• FlySavage
    • Facebook - Google me... Its not that hard to find me.
    • View Profile
2nd JV Tournament
« on: October 05, 2015, 04:24:23 AM »
RULES:

1. No Alliance Overall cap.

2. 3 or more active players at all times.

3. Nobody stays in Pmode longer than 16 consecutive hrs.

4. No players ranked 45 or higher.

5. No tag dropping

6. If a smaller player (101-5000) attacks a larger player (100-46), the larger player is allowed to respond in kind for the remainder of that war.

7. A larger player can respond aggressively if their alliance mate is attacked, this includes oracle locks and group defends.

8. wars will be sent in this format... 20 million points... No inactives... No Dmode percentage. 3 week time limit.

9. 10 player minimum in each alliance.

10. 3 players out of D or Vmode at all times in each alliance.

11. Have fun.

12. If other players don't want to take part in your bantering, keep it to yourself.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 07:46:47 PM by Justice Umbiya »
Get Down or Lay Down!

Offline Justice Umbiya

• FlySavage
    • View Profile
Re: 2nd JV Tournament
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 04:25:38 AM »
Current Tournament participants (we would like more)
1. Mongols
2. SVK
3. COGF
4. The Feds
5. TSW
6. Jedi Council
7. COLD
8. The Rigellian Compact (RgC)
Get Down or Lay Down!

Offline Justice Umbiya

• FlySavage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 04:40:43 AM »
As it stands the 1st round will be 2 free for all of 4 alliances each.

The top 2 alliances in each battle royal, will advance to the 2nd rd.

The format for the 2nd rd will be a 4 alliance free for all. The top 2 alliances will advance to the final round. Tie breakers will be settled by collective war points.

The 3rd rd will be last alliance standing.

*IF WE SHOULD GET MORE ALLIANCES TO JOIN, THIS FORMAT WILL SURELY CHANGE.
Get Down or Lay Down!

Offline Empty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 02:56:44 PM »
Feds are ranked #17 as an alliance.  :-\
Empty = MT = Marshal Tallent

Offline Justice Umbiya

• FlySavage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 03:47:39 PM »
Thats not acceptable.... We have to make an adjustment then. No Overall Alliance Rank requirement.... I don't see how it matters much anyway. Is everyone ok with that?
Get Down or Lay Down!

Offline Empty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 03:59:00 PM »
It seems like if we are not letting the top 100 players attack anybody but other top 100 players that we could have HOD or B.A.D. join this tourney and it wouldn't really matter. The spirit of the tourney is to let smaller players enjoy the tourney experience, and I think this top 100 rule actually makes it better than the "not less than #80" rank restriction we had last time. So, I'm ok with no alliance rank requirement. Maybe we could get C.O.G.F. or SIO2 or NUMBNUTZ to join in?

One thing that will need to be clarified is, what about players that are in the low 100s and slip under 100 during the tourney. Will they be grandfathered in or will they then be subject to the 100 rule as soon as they hit #99? I'm OK either way. It seems though, that it would be easier to manage this if any grandfathering resets at the beginning of each new round. If you are 100+ at the start of the round, you can attack anybody even if you go below 100. At the start of the next round though, you are subject to 100 rule. What do you think?

Offline Justice Umbiya

• FlySavage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 04:14:11 PM »
I think that as soon as they hit 100, they get thrown to the wolves. I think this will be a good thing... I wouldn't mind fighting anybody. My only concern is that I don't want to step on Rayman's toes.
Get Down or Lay Down!

Offline Empty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 04:43:18 PM »
Oh I agree. I think Rayman has done a great thing. I was just using it as an example that with the 100 rule, I don't think it would really effect the JV tournament even IF those heavy hitters were involved.

I guess people that are near 100 will have to be careful then or not. Don't think there are going to be that many wolves. Folks might fight to get to 99 so they can get some peace. LOL

Offline Rayman of HV

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 05:38:23 PM »
Thanks guys. Don't worry about it...run it however to get the maximum participation. I'm trying to figure out a way to potentially include the lower ranked alliances with the higher alliances using some sort of handicap system.

Still working on that.

Rayman

Offline Justice Umbiya

• FlySavage
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2015, 07:20:07 PM »
Ok... That settles it. Open enrollment for the JV tournament. :)
Get Down or Lay Down!

Offline Empty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2015, 12:17:00 AM »
Thanks guys. Don't worry about it...run it however to get the maximum participation. I'm trying to figure out a way to potentially include the lower ranked alliances with the higher alliances using some sort of handicap system.

Still working on that.

Rayman

Wish BFG would/could implement the 5x rule, aka the newbie protection. That would solve a lot of problems lower down. However it would also cause a lot of problems higher up though. Admiral T-Wayne, Bruce Mays and The Silence would all be on their own islands - couldn't attack anybody and couldn't be attacked.

Offline Tal-Khoraash

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2015, 11:15:08 PM »
Justice, could you edit the Rules to reflect the new change to Rule #1 please?

We don't want anyone getting confused about what is current.
'Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed.'
Sun Tzu - Art of War

9 straight years of playing in Original with no break, fin!

Former First Rigellian of SFCO RgC
Rigellian Compact (RgC)

Offline Justice Umbiya

• FlySavage
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2015, 05:25:14 PM »
Good catch. I made the adjustment.
Get Down or Lay Down!

Offline Justice Umbiya

• FlySavage
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2015, 11:02:31 PM »
COLD may be out. There is a concern about the new format. Their leader seems to believe that the changes, I implemented, take away from the essence of the JV tournament.... He/She says that it is just another tournament at this point. What do you guys think? I'm not changing the rules to suit one alliance so don't worry about that. I would just like to understand his/her side of this debate, if possible. I am open to hearing from anyone... It doesn't matter if you will be a participant in the tournament.
Get Down or Lay Down!

Offline Stina Starr

• Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/hodgsonsurvivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2015, 12:58:47 AM »
Without really studying the rules to the "larger" tournament, I like that this one encourages smaller alliance participation. I also like that the JV tournament addressed the concerns of p markers and what is considered "active". I think when the first JV tournament idea was pitched, the then current rankings of players were considered and the rules built to encourage and protect the integrity of involvement. With this being the second one, and rankings have changed (in some cases drastically), I like that the "family" aspect of alliances were kept intact as we tried to figure out how to make it fair and still encourage participation and make it so that smaller players, like myself, have targets, at the same level, in these tournaments. If we didn't use the round robin format, I'd probably complain about only requiring 3 active participants at a time, but, as it stands, I think it's a fair compromise for allowing smaller numbered alliances to participate.

birthmark-ant