contact
June 27, 2019, 12:31:35 PM

Author Topic: 2nd JV Tournament  (Read 20767 times)

Offline Treakle the Sweet

• View Profile
Re: 2nd JV Tournament
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2015, 02:18:21 PM »
Time Wasters would be interested in joining this tournament.  We will have some folks moving up from Minutemen to round us out and give them some experience.  We have two members who are ranked above 45, at least until some more folks buy their way up the ladder rather than earning their rank.  We will provide advice to our alliance, but will not take part in any action, including, but not limited to, target searches, probing, GDs.

Now, if you made that 100-45 slice 100-1, a handicapped grouping, then you might get even more interest from some of the larger alliances.  The only Time that might become an issue is in later rounds.  Then maybe you can split the finals into two groups, based on alliance rankings.

Offline Justice Umbiya

• FlySavage
    • Facebook - Google me... Its not that hard to find me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2015, 05:41:48 PM »
That sounds interesting, but I didn't want to deviate too much from the original JV format.  I know a triple grouping doesn't sound so bad but I believe in practice that it will be more difficult to maintain and monitor. I'm not so much worried about the larger alliances, as I am the smaller ones. I want them to keep playing, not feel overwhelmed and eventually get the balls to participate in The Varsity Tournament. 
Get Down or Lay Down!

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2015, 03:24:25 PM »
I can respect that.  We have two players who would be sitting out, one ranked in the low 40s and myself.

Offline Justice Umbiya

• FlySavage
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2015, 04:02:28 PM »
The JVT is set to start on 11/1/15 @16:00:00 game time. Stina and myself will make a YouTube video, showcasing the hat pull. I will post the link so that you guys can see it and I will also post the results on this thread. Currently, there are 10 alliances. ...That means the first round will be two sets of five, free for alls.
Get Down or Lay Down!

Offline Rayman of HV

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2015, 04:23:15 AM »
Sounds like a good time will be had by all.

Offline Stina Starr

• Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/hodgsonsurvivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2015, 04:00:56 PM »
 ;D

Offline Stina Starr

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2015, 06:24:09 PM »
The fall weather has begun. Not appreciating the cooler temps, Senior Commodore Stina Starr continues to work diligently…commanding her workers to build, study, and train. Word had just come down that a new competitive tournament would begin in just over a week’s time. Stina, and her alliance mates, have been steadily building and making preparations, for this tournament, in anticipation of its start.

In the last few months, many changes had occurred all throughout the galaxies. Stina had been demoted a few different times. Her unwillingness to subscribe to the ever changing tides of leadership has caused many of her enemies to be promoted at a much faster rate. Even Stina’s personal life had evolved. She changed alliances again…for the second time in a year… but this time to the alliance that welcomed her to this world. Happy in her new position, she has enjoyed clubbing and hanging out with her fellow commanders.

Stina is looking forward to celebrating 2 years on the job and beginning combat in the tournament. Ordering her intelligence droids to make a list of possible weaknesses at each location, she knows that she must prepare for the worst…an attack at one of her 9 colonies. She begins to make preparations, confident that no matter the strengths of the enemy, she could identify several strategic moves to either win the battle or safely evacuate the inhabitants and the planet’s resources. She smiles as she reviews her progress reports…

Offline Vashanka

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2015, 09:12:45 PM »
Any chance of an oversized noob joining this tourney?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 01:29:03 AM by Vashanka »

Offline Justice Umbiya

• FlySavage
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2015, 12:57:36 AM »
Message me in game please.
Get Down or Lay Down!

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2015, 11:27:36 AM »
Fall, Stina?  I wish!  It is starting to get hot and humid.  Fortunately, we are near the beach.

Offline Stina Starr

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2015, 02:19:11 PM »
Where Stina's located, it's gotten chillier than her comfort level. LOL

It's an imaginary world...based on my existence. LOL

Offline Justice Umbiya

• FlySavage
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2015, 03:38:46 PM »
Its not cold at all. I grew up in Michigan but the weather is just fine. I bet you still wanna play football this weekend... I bet its not to cold for that, Stina. lol
Get Down or Lay Down!

Offline Stina Starr

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2015, 04:32:43 PM »
Life don't stop just because it gets cold outside. Duh.  ::)

Offline Justice Umbiya

• FlySavage
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2015, 06:24:14 PM »
Its not cold.... We live in a place where alligators, iguanas, crocodiles and anacondas are normal parts of life.
Get Down or Lay Down!

Offline Stina Starr

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2015, 06:44:48 PM »
How are you going to argue about my perception of the weather...in reality or my fictional world??  ???

birthmark-ant