contact
June 18, 2019, 09:03:49 AM

Author Topic: Zeus question?  (Read 2271 times)

Offline willz

• View Profile
Zeus question?
« on: January 17, 2010, 01:43:02 AM »
From a relative newcomer - Is it worth it to spend the resources to build a Zeus? Does it discourage the attacks? Are there many out there with more than one?

Thanks for any help!
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Catfish

• View Profile
Re: Zeus question?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 01:46:30 AM »
As a relative newcomer, I don't think you should even think abou building a Zeus anytime soon. The tech requirements are insane, and dont even get started on the cost.

On the plus, it is a huge defensive damage sink, you'd need incredible firepower to take it out in 6 rounds, and you'd still have to survive its damage and rapid fire. I dont know if anyone has multiple Zeus themselves, but there have been several out there.
The [size=100]WIKI[/size][/b][/url][/u] is your friend.

Offline Maloar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 02:00:49 AM »
The Zeus is slow enough that I will never build one for attack.  Using it for defense seems like a good idea until you realise that there are plenty of players that can easily take it out with a group attack, and gladly will for the resulting debris field.

All in all I'd say it's nothing more then a status symbol, and not really worth worrying about.
-Iron must be dirtied, burned and beaten before it can become steel.

Offline babam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 02:11:21 AM »
not until they implement moons

Offline Pfenix

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 02:27:42 AM »
I myself am about 2 research sessions away from unlocking the Prometheus Class Destroyer. But once that is done I will have to level up multiple areas further without immediate benefit in order to get the damn thing. The costs are astronomical in terms of time alone and that's not even considering the millions in resources I'll have to spend to get it. I thought it might help with defenses but I was worried that once it's built I would be a grand target for people who like a challenge!  :cry:
[size=150]Supreme Ruler of the Etherian Empire[/size]

Offline Meepimus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 02:31:03 AM »
Yes, you would be.

Offline Pfenix

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 02:55:54 AM »
Hmmm ... well that's just no fair!  :cry:
Maybe I'll build 30 of them and then go into D-Mode just so that I can admire them and no one can molest my Precious's!!  :twisted:
OR ...
I could research Warp Drive for the next year or so until I reach like level 100 or better and see if I can make the Zeus move much, much faster ...
OR ...
I could research insane levels of AI Tech and then just keep a FLEET of Zeus's in constant fleetsave mode around all of my planets, let the resources PILE UP! and then wait for victims to come and see my 3 cargo ships and millions in resources then WIPE THEM ALL OUT IN A SUPER DOUCHE-NOZZLE NINJA MOVE!!!  :twisted:
"Come into my parlor ... said the Spider to the Fly!!
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Wow ... I really need a life!!  :geek:

Offline obsideus

• View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/mssievers
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 03:42:15 AM »
Well, you do need Warp 8 for the Zeus and that has some benefits, as well as AI 12 :P
~ Member of UF6 ~

Offline Pride

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 02:44:24 PM »
Shoudnt really need to worry till your a bit higher (:

Offline Panda

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 03:36:54 PM »
Nope you dont need to worry about Zues, for one you either need a high level shipyard+foudry,
Or your going to need a massivly defneded planet. Untill your in the top 100 and have experince
playing you dont need to worry about the at all . As to discouraging attackers its a kind of.
If it is profitable ANY fleeter will attack, or team up and attack on this game, but like i said you
shouldnt worry, if anyone has them in this game, theyll have very little if any ;)

Volture09

Offline Zenkai

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2010, 08:23:31 PM »
A fellow Alliance member has reported that someone attacked his planet with 68 Zeus class, has he read this wrong or is it possible?

Offline The Marmot

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2010, 08:29:04 PM »
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that is incorrect.

Offline poeticmotion

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2010, 09:12:47 PM »
There's no way. Even with foundry 3, a Zeus would take 55 hours to construct. That's two plus days. So 68 Zeus would take almost three months of building nothing but Zeus. And there's no way someone could gather the resources that fast, not to mention hacing completed the research three months ago. There's no way anyone could have more than maybe a few of them, if you do the math and consider that the game's only been on for a few months since the reset.

A few months from now, when there's a lot more people at a high level, maybe. It's too soon for that to be possible. I doubt 68 Zeus have even been built in total in the whole game so far.
Uni2-PoeticMotion[ODB] Peak rank 24 peak DSP rank 9 ***RETIRED FROM SFC***

Offline Noel G

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2010, 09:57:59 PM »
A few Zeus have been taken down now so many people don't find them scary anymore. If anything they are now a kill that one wants to get under their belt so they aren't a deterrent to any decently organized folks out there, plus they have certain disadvantages that the right kind of fleet can exploit.
Noel G, best bang since the big one.

Offline Pfenix

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2010, 10:44:43 PM »
Yes  :(
I thought about leveling up to build one to protect my homeworld but the primary fleet that is usually sent to attack me by ONE player would only allow for a DRAW, according to BattleCalc. If he were to invoke even one other member of his Alliance to bring in even a small fraction of what he throws in, then they would win. So it's not too hard to destroy one these days it seems, and they don't seem to be worthwhile for attacking since they are so slow, it had been mentioned that they are only good as a status symbol and so I would have to assume to agree ...

HOWEVER, I still say I build some, then go into D-Mode and obsess over my Precious's!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :twisted:  :D  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: