contact
September 15, 2019, 02:27:37 PM

Author Topic: [FAKE] ODB Newsletter, Volume Three  (Read 1621 times)

Offline babam

• View Profile
[FAKE] ODB Newsletter, Volume Three
« on: July 14, 2010, 06:42:32 PM »
Behind the scenes at ODB.  We are so great, we wanted to share how we operate and give all our fans a behind the scenes VIP tour of an ODB attack in action.  Today we have select communications for our attempted reverse on Sparks (FU)  starring Professor Death (ODB), R.I.P. Empire (ODB), Captain Morgan's (ODB), Some Call Me Tim (ODB).

re: Hey man! 3 minutes ago
morgan is warping down from 16..he is at warp 10..he can join without slowing us down..i don't want to probe emily and babam..if they have a bot it would alert them and i suspect they do

Some Call Me Tim re: Incoming attack 7 minutes ago
Sorry I can't help you, my ships are not in G5.
It's pretty brave (crazy?) To attack someone at their moon, especially with all the other FU moons around this area. It's fun to calculate the return time and see if you can get it right, though!

re: less than a minute ago
he's moving or spending the resources..only 100 probes their for some reason..i think we got him

To: Professor Death
Your too slow =P
Just got this from Sparks..within 2 seconds he is dead right...

re: roup 2 minutes ago
same i just got a message from sparks saying to slow??

re: Hey man! 2 minutes ago
let's let it ride..he's probably just trying to scare us off

The attacking side failed to acquire any resources.
There now float 30,543,000 ore and 15,999,750 crystal at this location.

re: where the heck 1 minute ago
i don't know..where did that other guy come from..no way they planned this thing out! No way...something smells funny.

BFG is investigating this defend..No way they got there that fast honestly. And they had dios hidden in orbit to grab the debris or something..

I have managed to make an inside connection.

teleport hax?

re: where the heck    4 minutes ago
damn..lucky for me that was my small fleet...i am combining my other 2 fleets and going after Rossi with some pals..when we are done he will cease to exist..having an inside at BFG helps..I will know exactly what happened tmw afternoon...Rossi is going down. That was the first real action that the 5 fleet has seen in 3 or 4 months..it's just been sitting there..maybe a few inactive raids..so it's loss makes my numbers shrink but strategically it's not a big deal

about 6 hours ago
Everything with FU is a trap until proven otherwise.

Captain Morgan's    NIce hit?    2 minutes ago
To: Sparks
Just curious? WHy would u have a guy from another galaxy there defending? Just seems weird to have all the hydro if u were trying to lure us in? I do have to say nicely played!  Yeah - trying to figure out how he got his fleet from G6 to G5 in under 1:37. I have a couple theories.

Some Call Me Tim
To: Lrrr
So what was up with yesterday's group attack? I have a theory - you set up Morgan and Darth/Professor. We've searched all of G5, and Rossi didn't have a colony within range of Sparks's planet. There is no way that he could have gotten there with a group defend in time from your attack. So he must have launched before your attack.

I think when you messaged the three of us, although I said I couldn't help, the other two said they could, so you contacted Rossi and told him to bring his defense to the moon. He gave you his fleet's arrival time, and you timed your attack to land right after his.

If that is true, I have to hand it to you, it was a masterpiece! I have to admit, I was pretty excited about joining ODB when we first did, but after we've been here for a while, I realize what a big mistake it's been. Professor and Morgan and Zue try to bully everyone around. I don't blame you for being upset about how the merger went down. If this was how you managed to get back at those guys, I say, "well done."

Are you planning on sticking around in ODB now? Are you still going to work with the FU guys "covertly"? I've talked extensively in the past with Babam, Emily, M Rossi, K Maru, and some others. They're excellent players. Maybe we form a team to try to screw with some of the ODB guys?

Some Call Me Tim
To: Babam
So why weren't you in on the Sparks play yesterday? Why did Rossi have to come all the way from G6 with 1600 Athenas and 13,000 Arts? Where were you and Emily during this? It would have seemed to have made more sense if you two would have defended. No one can oracle your moons, so we couldn't have seen you coming.

Some Call Me Tim   re: Yesterday's Attack   14 minutes ago
To: Lrrr
Caleb,

Hey, sorry about that. As you can imagine, Morgan and Professor are pretty upset about what happened yesterday. There were a lot of people who thought you were complicit in the FU deal yesterday.

I was nominated to "test" you to see where your loyalties lie, primarily because I've had the most contact with you since the merger.

I talked to K Maru, and he said someone slowed the attack, and it was about 1 minute too late. He also said that someone probed (Professor said it was him) and you guys didn't recall. Professor said that he saw Sparks' fleet, then none, then Rossi's fleet was there. He didn't have time to get messages to you guys to pull out, so he rode it out to keep you guys from taking it all by yourselves.

I am actually happy with ODB. You're right that it isn't my style to play games, do covert operations, or attack friends. You saw right through that one.

We still want you to stay with us in ODB. You "passed the test," so to speak. I guess people get paranoid when so many things have to fall into place just right like this. Babam told me he thought the plan was dumb, and he was surprised that it worked. It also looked like they had all timed their harvesters to arrive right after the battle because so much of the debris was picked up in the first 10 minutes.

I guess we just have to stay away from FU from now on, unless we know we have the upper hand. Attacking moons is risky business - I wish I had more time yesterday to pay attention to the game and try to talk you guys out of it.

Rob
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline The Marmot

• View Profile
Re: ODB Newsletter, Volume Three
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 06:59:30 PM »
Volume Three > Volume Two.

lol...

Offline bryn987

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 07:06:12 PM »
much better then volume 2  :lol:  :lol:

well played
To be free, you must be exiled!

1/18/2010 - 10/22/2011
Players sent to d status/retirement - 32
Solo Zeus kills - 33
Solo Heph kills - 3
Moons given  -  31

Offline Ptonjalken

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 07:12:31 PM »
Very interesting.. but I will have to edit your title to be fair.
Retired Forum Moderator
Haunting the forums.

Offline fornov

• View Profile
Re: [FAKE] ODB Newsletter, Volume Three
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 03:12:29 AM »
Babam.  You are really something.  You are so two-faced.  How can you live with yourself?  All this time you keep asking me to come join some super alliance you want to put together.  You say we should go in on some group attack together.  Then you come and do this?  Why would anyone ever trust you?  The most telling message in that whole thread is when I told Lrrr that everything involving FU is a trap until proven otherwise.

You act like you're some sort of moral police for SFC - trying to point out whenever you think someone else is cheating, attacking those who play unfairly, etc.  But at the same time, and I've said this before, you're the most blatant multi-accounter in the whole game.  Sure your "wife" has the other account.  I'm sure you've never accessed it.  You've never had both accounts up and running at the same time to run group attacks.  It sure would be nice if I had a second account that I could trade with whenever I wanted, build up a second fleet and run group attacks with it, infiltrate one alliance while I plot against it with my main account...

Why do you feel like you have to act this way?  Does it make you feel good to show others how much you know about how to play a game?  Has that enriched your life in some way?  You keep trying to get on my good side in-game.  Is it any wonder that I keep denying you when you pull crap like this?

Grow up.

Offline fornov

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 03:20:04 AM »
Additionally, this was like 2 months ago.  Move on already.  2 of those players have retired since then.

Congratulations, you got a hit!  Big deal.  How many FU players have I given moons to in G5 from all the times I've destroyed their fleets?  You don't see me making a big deal about it.  It's just a game.  Unbelievable.

Offline Time Waster

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 08:13:01 AM »
Unfamiliar with you  Fornov, though the fact remains is what he posted here was only the tip of the iceberg and no foul play has ever been done on his part. Babam is merely a super intelligent strategist, and his word has always been held in all my dealings with him. Yes Babam was out for many huge hits, though he never tried to hit someone personally through betrayal. There are hits that may have his name come up that seem shady, though his word has always been true. Point is, if Babam wanted you to be part of something, it was legit.

I think there was a particular battle that would have been much larger had some people actually grabbed their nuts :) However that is neither here nor there!

Offline kobayashi maru

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 08:26:19 AM »
(1) You call Babam two faced but everybody that has become friends with our NOFAT/FU group has stayed friends with us.  Can't say the same for ODB.  A founding member of Empire was so disgusted with ODB that he actually plotted its downfall.  That still boggles my mind
(2) We don't think people are cheating.  We KNOW there is rampant cheating b/c we see them talking about pushing in intercepted messages.  More on that later
(3) Neither Babam nor Emily have ever infiltrated an alliance.  
(4) BFG has verified they're distinct accounts played by distinct people.  JUSTICE made the same accusation a while back.  I'm telling you it's simply not true.  You don't have to believe me but John Hunka's word is pretty good
(5) They do have a bot.  He is their newborn who wakes up every 3 hours.  I know it sucks.  Little Babam saved his dad from being crushed by Marchrius Rossi and I when we were trying to pressure him into joining NOFAT

As for your last point:  "Why do you feel like you have to act this way? Does it make you feel good to show others how much you know about how to play a game? Has that enriched your life in some way"

You could ask Rob Ross the same question?  We're just following his lead here.  Volume THREE of the most asinine displays of gloating on the sfc message boards ever.

Offline kobayashi maru

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 08:40:29 AM »
And btw, the little pissing match babam had with the mods and him pushing for separation of interests...  He thinks that way b/c of intercepted messages like these:

"BFG is investigating this defend..No way they got there that fast honestly. And they had dios hidden in orbit to grab the debris or something..
Re: where the heck 1 minute ago
I have managed to make an inside connection."

"when we are done he will cease to exist..having an inside at BFG helps..I will know exactly what happened tmw afternoon...Rossi is going down."

Offline Overlord Othinslayer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 10:20:36 AM »
Fornov is some call me tim.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7007
Please go there and send your support!  Simply state Reply All! +1

Offline poeticmotion

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 10:59:31 AM »
Does anyone else get tired of FU/NOFAT constantly claiming that everyone else who's ever been any good at the game has an 'inside man' at BFG?

They're a business. For profit. They have better things to do than rig their own game. You FU/NOFAT guys have a serious complex. Every single thing I've ever seen that didn't go your way, you've claimed it was because someone had an in at BFG.
Uni2-PoeticMotion[ODB] Peak rank 24 peak DSP rank 9 ***RETIRED FROM SFC***

Offline the enforcer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2010, 11:42:09 AM »
its because they waste all that hydro on busting turtles.

Offline keoksbu

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2010, 05:38:55 PM »
Since when does something ALWAYS have to be for profit for it to be deemed "worth it"?

The term "waste" is purely opinionated.

Offline Big S

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2010, 05:55:57 PM »
Profit is one of the only truly objective measures available for judging whether something was a smart move. The "fun" quotient is so difficult to quantify :-). If we were playing Monopoly and I bought a property and immediately sold it to another player for pennies on the dollar, everyone would call it a stupid move because I hurt my own standing in the game by throwing away money. Now, maybe I had fun in the process, and that's ok, because I'm playing the game for fun of course. But it still wasn't a wise move.
Quote from: \"Evan Woodard\"
I\'m pretty sure that\'s just D-baggery.

Offline fornov

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2010, 08:42:56 PM »
Quote from: "kobayashi maru"
(1) You call Babam two faced but everybody that has become friends with our NOFAT/FU group has stayed friends with us.  Can't say the same for ODB.  A founding member of Empire was so disgusted with ODB that he actually plotted its downfall.  That still boggles my mind
(2) We don't think people are cheating.  We KNOW there is rampant cheating b/c we see them talking about pushing in intercepted messages.  More on that later
(3) Neither Babam nor Emily have ever infiltrated an alliance.  
(4) BFG has verified they're distinct accounts played by distinct people.  JUSTICE made the same accusation a while back.  I'm telling you it's simply not true.  You don't have to believe me but John Hunka's word is pretty good
(5) They do have a bot.  He is their newborn who wakes up every 3 hours.  I know it sucks.  Little Babam saved his dad from being crushed by Marchrius Rossi and I when we were trying to pressure him into joining NOFAT

As for your last point:  "Why do you feel like you have to act this way? Does it make you feel good to show others how much you know about how to play a game? Has that enriched your life in some way"

You could ask Rob Ross the same question?  We're just following his lead here.  Volume THREE of the most asinine displays of gloating on the sfc message boards ever.

SCMT here.

I'm not totally sure what you're referencing about a Empire/ODB player plotting its downfall.  If you're referring to me, that was a test of Lrrr (Caleb) to see if he was in on the GD on Sparks' moon.  I was not actually plotting the alliance's downfall, I was testing him to see if he went in with you guys to set CM and PD up.  As I said, I was very busy that day, my fleets were all on fleetsave, I just happened to pop in and read some PM's (read: PRIVATE messages) about a GA on Sparks.  If I had more time, I would have tried harder to talk the other guys out of attacking a moon.

Lrrr told me that he was not in cahoots with you guys, and I believe him.  You, M Rossi, and Babam all told me the same thing.  So he wasn't plotting any Empire toppling either.

Now remind me, which one of you lives with Babam and Emily?  Was it K Maru or M Rossi?  I can't remember, it's been a long time.  One of you told me you live with them.  And yeah, I've heard about the newborn baby.  When was that baby born?  It's July now.  I've been hearing about this newborn baby since what, November?  December?  How long is he a newborn?  Most babies sleep through the night by now.  But that's neither here nor there.  Why were you trying to crush him if he's your roommate?  Weren't you on the same side all along?

And yes, he has tried to recruit me to join FU, or even some super-alliance.  In fact, there was a time when he was trying to recruit me, and then one morning, his and his wife's fleets showed up in my SS and attacked!  Wow, nice recruitment technique!  Of course they failed.  We then set up the "Babam and Emily can't touch me" thread after that.  "They" attacked me a few times in a GA throughout the day until we got the timing right with fleetsaves, resources, etc.  I suppose they were both sitting by their computers all day long setting those up.

Look, it's so obvious that they share their accounts.  It's fine, really, I would suspect most people who have a spouse or son or daughter or whoever in the house shares their accounts from time to time.  BFG has "determined" that they don't do it, whatever, how would they know.  But the point is, if you're doing that, it's hypocritical to spend so much time and energy being the "SFC police."  Many, many people cheat in this game.  It's true.  But if you're one of them, stop pointing fingers at all the rest.  That's my point.