contact
June 16, 2019, 11:23:59 PM

Author Topic: Zeus vs Heph  (Read 916 times)

Offline Darth Nefarious

• View Profile
Zeus vs Heph
« on: July 16, 2010, 02:36:30 PM »
I've not unlocked either, but I had a thought that perhaps some of you more advanced players can counsel me on.  I've pondered that perhaps I will go ahead and unlock both, but not build a Zeus until I build a Heph.  The reason, a Zeus is just a target until you can realistically move it.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
Member of Utopia, Universe 4.

Offline Wilhelm

• View Profile
Re: Zeus vs Heph
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 03:19:15 PM »
It all depends on your strategy.

Definitely get your combat techs up and Warp to 9/10 if you're a heavy hitter.  I personally have never used Zeus for an attack, and won't.  However some use it to break turtles.  

The Heph needs something more to be 'worth it'.  However, once again, getting the techs isn't going to hurt.
[5:47:58 PM] Darkset: wilhem why are you probing me
[5:48:05 PM] Wilhelm: looking for rez

Offline johanng

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 04:58:51 PM »
i actually built my first zues when i started building the heph...zues is pretty useless..
Member of:
Empire
ODB

Highest Overall Rank: 4
Highest DSP Rank: 4
Highest Resource Spent: 1

Retired. ahhhh.

Offline Lord Obould

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 05:36:30 PM »
You are definately going to want some Zeus on your Heph for defensive reasons.  Zeus will also save you a ton of hydro when FRS a large fleet and give you some good defense against most players.

Offline T.Rex

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 06:26:06 PM »
Quote from: "Lord Obould"
You are definately going to want some Zeus on your Heph for defensive reasons.  Zeus will also save you a ton of hydro when FRS a large fleet and give you some good defense against most players.

Yeah I built one and put it on the heph and really can't imagine what good it will do. The only thing I believe zeus are good for is to bait people.
Yes I\'m only a scavenger, but don\'t think I\'m not dangerous.

Offline Ptonjalken

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 06:27:32 PM »
Quote from: "T.Rex"

Yeah I built one and put it on the heph and really can't imagine what good it will do. The only thing I believe zeus are good for is to bait people.

They are good for FRS, and enough of them on a Heph may stop an attack.
Retired Forum Moderator
Haunting the forums.

Offline T.Rex

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 06:40:15 PM »
Quote from: "Ptonjalken"

They are good for FRS, and enough of them on a Heph may stop an attack.

Wouldn't stop any attack I can think of, and why would anyone leave their heph vulnerable to attack?

I did find some utility in the 3-7 hour during the day FRS, but the overnight one is a pain in the ass..which is why I threw it on the heph.

Offline Ptonjalken

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 06:57:03 PM »

Wouldn't stop any attack I can think of, and why would anyone leave their heph vulnerable to attack?

I did find some utility in the 3-7 hour during the day FRS, but the overnight one is a pain in the ass..which is why I threw it on the heph.

If you have 40+ (which I know at least one person in NTA does), you can very easily draw a battle with solely Zeus (unless it is a fairly large GA). A very random fleet (15 W/A/S) (20K Arties, 5K Pos, 1K Athena, 1K Hades, 1K Proms) would not kill a single Zeus in 6 rounds. Good if your heph fleet is out on attack. And note that it could take much more to kill a Zeus in that situation, I did not bother looking.
Retired Forum Moderator
Haunting the forums.

Offline Fuzzy Badfeet

• KNEEL before Zod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 07:09:29 PM »
Have enough Zeus on your Heph and you don't have to be completely locked to your computer.  As long as you're not being hunted, you can leave your Heph sitting around for short periods of time without having to worry about being attacked, because frankly, if you have 10 Zeus on a Heph plus a large fleet, it'll take at least 3 large fleets group attacking you.  Getting that kind of force together in a couple hours is not easy.

The lowest level of space thug.  Hooch kills people\'s fleets, pisses people off and gets into trouble.  Fortunately, his street smarts and ebonics jive keep him alive and get him bitches.

Offline Ptonjalken

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 07:10:41 PM »
Quote from: "Fuzzy Badfeet"
Have enough Zeus on your Heph and you don't have to be completely locked to your computer.  As long as you're not being hunted, you can leave your Heph sitting around for short periods of time without having to worry about being attacked, because frankly, if you have 10 Zeus on a Heph plus a large fleet, it'll take at least 3 large fleets group attacking you.  Getting that kind of force together in a couple hours is not easy.

Yeah, that too. :)
Retired Forum Moderator
Haunting the forums.

Offline T.Rex

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 07:19:58 PM »
Quote from: "Ptonjalken"

If you have 40+ (which I know at least one person in NTA does), you can very easily draw a battle with solely Zeus (unless it is a fairly large GA). A very random fleet (15 W/A/S) (20K Arties, 5K Pos, 1K Athena, 1K Hades, 1K Proms) would not kill a single Zeus in 6 rounds. Good if your heph fleet is out on attack. And note that it could take much more to kill a Zeus in that situation, I did not bother looking.

Sure, but that is all the zeus is good for.  And if an equal or stronger player attacks you while your attack ships are out, he's going to have more than just an equal number of resources attacking and those zeus are gonna burn...but my main point is there is no reason why one should need anything on the heph.  I'm not going to land my heph in a system where somebody can mount an attack that my hades/athenas/artes/Buddy can't defend.

Offline T.Rex

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2010, 07:21:12 PM »
Quote from: "Fuzzy Badfeet"

Ummm and if you had 10 zeus worth of other ships PLUS a large fleet, wouldn't you be in the same situation...if not much better?

And anyway, only 1 or 2 players could have that. I've seen at least one of the top ten's hephs come rolling by, and he was nowhere near that.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 07:31:28 PM by T.Rex »

Offline T.Rex

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 07:25:42 PM »
This all reminds me of  a cooking gadget that only does one thing.  Give me a the versatility of ships that I can defend and attack with over a zeus anytime.

Offline with_regards

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2010, 08:47:44 PM »
And anyway, only 1 or 2 players could have that.

top 10 overall does not mean top 10 fleet. Also, some of the top players break their fleet up into 3 or 4 pieces, just because you saw part of it doesn't mean you saw all of it.  Trust me, many many more than 1 or 2 people have a fleet that size.

birthmark-ant