contact
April 19, 2019, 11:10:17 PM

Author Topic: .|. Heads!!!!  (Read 2241 times)

Offline Dan Scanndal

• View Profile
Re: .|. Heads!!!!
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2010, 04:25:05 AM »
Quote from: "Renegade"
So when I attack you and blow up your fleet/take your resources I'm being nice and should expect a thanks? Answer to question 1: I have never lost a fleet in Extreme.  So, sure.  But, if you take my fleet, that means that I wasn't online and my ships were unattended.  I would have deserved to lose them.  I would be mad at myself, not you.  But since that has never happened.....

Yes this is a war game, but you really should not expect the people you are attacking to enjoy it! Answer to question 2: Of course you should enjoy it!  Afterall, I'm the one doing the taking and I know that I'm enjoying it.  I'm an equal opportunist.  I hope that everyone enjoys it when I attack them  :D

Quote from: "Khan Boylemeister"
...You might as well just say they shouldn't fleet save at all, and leave the fleet. That would be wonderful!  Could you pass the word around to all of your friends to leave their fleets out for me?

If you launch an attack against a fleet and defenses, you are taking the risk that you will hit nothing but defenses. Suck it up. Or take the time to figure out if they're online. Courtesy works both ways. I will message someone who takes the time to see if I am active on the planet in question. Someone who reads the espionage and launches an attack, I will allow them to waste their time and fleetsave at the last minute. Very good point.  But since you don't know me (that's not you outside my window is it?), you don't know my playing style.  I am extremely conservative.  Unless I see a hit that is just ridiculously tempting, I normally will wait until I see the timer get to about 25 minutes.  I've been bitten by that script that notifies Facebook when people get probed.  So, I give them enough time to come online and see that there is no attack incoming.  Since it is already 25 minutes BEFORE I attack, I get a little miffed if I attack for 30 - 45 minutes and then miss because someone decided to FRS at the last second.  They had plenty of time to let me know.

You may just see them as targets, but there is a person at the other end of that attack. You cannot predict what that person will do, unless you have taken the time to get to know that person. You mean that you all aren't just figments on my imagination?  I'm telling the doctor that he was wrong and I'm not schizophrenic!

To the defense nukers, you should be aware that the middle ranked aggressive players don't give a fig about defenses. We make more profit attacking than our overnight production anyway, and when you tick someone off you invariably get nuked. Just the cost of doing business. Defenses are built to be broken.  I'm not attached to them, but I do protect them with ABMs.  If someone wants to nuke me bad enough, they will.  And the same is on my side.  I have NO issues firing 105 IPMs to level someone's defenses.  Actually, I rather enjoy it.

The next time someone fleetsaves at the last minute on you, you might want to ask 'Why?' instead of 'I'm going to hunt your fleet down'. You already tried that, how did it work out? WHY?  Hmmmm, that's a neat question.  Actually, I do ask them that very question.  I typically give the email a subject of Courtesy.  Then I ask them why they didn't let me know they were online?  Then I let them know the rest.  Why is such a fun question.  But don't ask mom why.  She'll get angry and send me to my room.

Quote from: "Satok"
But what boggles me are the people claiming they will only take the time to learn the players schedule to make sure they wipe their fleet if that person ninja-FRS. The circular logic makes my head hurt.

"You did not tell me you were going to FRS when I attacked you!!! <grrrrrr> My next attack will be SUPER CERIAL!!"
You're silly.   :lol:

That was fun!  Can I get some more, please?!
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
Alliance Leader of the Outcast Gods

Offline Master

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2010, 07:44:27 AM »
Well that was in sfco so I dont hardly even play that uni other than fleet saving to maintain my account while i play extreme so I have not probed or attacked hi or any of his friends probably ever in the game lol.
poeticmotion: You know what will happen if I oracle-lock you?

Absolutely nothing. I\'ll cuss a few times, mutter "holy crap, I\'m not even going to battlecalc that" and have nightmares about 10000 capitol ships descending upon my homeworld.

Offline poeticmotion

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2010, 01:13:14 PM »
The best is when they launch missiles at your moon.

Except for MAC runs, I launch all my attacks from my moons (my only permaworlds that aren't moons are miner/feeder worlds in those same systems) and it's amazing how often people blind-launch IPMs at the place your attack came from after they log on and find their fleet gone (or once while my attack was inbound but they were oracle-locked). I, of course, don't build defense on my moons...why waste moon fields on a shipyard? I've probably had almost 100 missiles from different players wasted on my moons.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Uni2-PoeticMotion[ODB] Peak rank 24 peak DSP rank 9 ***RETIRED FROM SFC***

Offline the enforcer

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2010, 01:51:57 PM »
you might want to reconsider if you haven't already maxed out your field count with oracle and warp gate.

i throw up a few helios and like 5 mb.

the df's i create from probes is epic.  had a 117k crystal one form the other night.  :lol:

Offline Khan Boylemeister

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2010, 10:12:50 PM »
...You might as well just say they shouldn't fleet save at all, and leave the fleet. That would be wonderful! Could you pass the word around to all of your friends to leave their fleets out for me?     I will if you will. You first. :)

On a more serious note, I have heard valid points. 'You don't know my playing style', or 'I'm just looking for who's off-guard'. Very valid points.

On the other side, I leave fleets out to gauge someone's reactions to it. Do they probe and launch, and then look for activity? Do they slow the attack with a probe? Do they even pay attention to the attack? Are they so busy with a fleet screen full of similar attacks that it doesn't matter to them? I will usually give some hint over the course of an attack that I am online, be it a three minute difference between the galaxy screen and the espionage report for activity, activity near the end, a probe from a different galaxy, whatever.

You see, I may not know your play style, but I do like to find out. Telling you I am online only tells me if you are a jerk or not. If you're really busy running 12 or 15 attacks just like this, there is a good possibility you will be noted in the 'Possible to Ninja' column of my little SFC notebook.

I am not saying that everyone who fleetsaves near the end is gathering information, I am only giving my own viewpoints on why I do it.

And as I write this, someone launches an attack on one of my worlds. Someone who has done so a few times over the last few months, and who once got a small cargo fleet. Real life happens. So I message him right away, just like you all want. He says 'No.' and the attack continues.

*sigh*

Here's a disclaimer - If my fleets are home, I am online.

Not buying it?

Offline Dan Scanndal

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2010, 11:55:54 PM »
Quote from: "Khan Boylemeister"
...You might as well just say they shouldn't fleet save at all, and leave the fleet. That would be wonderful! Could you pass the word around to all of your friends to leave their fleets out for me?     I will if you will. You first. :) I don't have any friends, except for the ones that the doctor said aren't really there.  Sorry.  :(

Here's a disclaimer - If my fleets are home, I am online.

Not buying it?  If I bought that, I would only attack people without ships and lots of resources laying around.  If your fleets are home and there is no activity after about 25 minutes after my probe gets the report, I assume you aren't online.  Most people aren't.  And you have to slip up sometime.  Maybe I'll be the lucky guy to catch you.  Hell, maybe you will be the lucky guy to catch me!

Offline Khan Boylemeister

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2010, 01:58:49 AM »
So we're agreed, then? Everyone plays differently.

Don't be too upset with the guy who fleetsaves at the last minute. When first faced with overwhelming force that he can't even comprehend, instinct is to fight back with the only weapon left to you - time. I did it, and I'll do it again.

Offline Captain Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2010, 02:01:14 AM »
I have been planning to set out dios to harvest right before I fleet save and let the attacker crash into my defenses and get any debris right after the attack.

As for nukes, well two can play at that game :D

Offline Dan Scanndal

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2010, 02:08:43 AM »
I'm cool with people playing the nuke game with me.  The problem is that I will win.  My hydro synthesizers are pretty high and getting higher.  I can build IPMs pretty quick and I have no problems launching 100+, rebuilding and launching again.  It's a game and the resources aren't real, so no biggie to me.  The only thing that is real is time.  Don't waste my time.

Offline Captain Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2010, 02:19:23 AM »
Pretty much the only people that try to attack me now are those with MACs or Hephs wandering around since those around me have given up since I frs so nukes aren't really a worry.  I don't think someone with a MAC will jerk around building a silo 4 even though they technically could.

Offline Wargasm

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2010, 05:36:41 AM »
This topic is now about [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

Obviously a hunter weapon.

Offline JRittel

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2010, 07:01:00 AM »