contact
June 20, 2019, 09:52:15 AM

Author Topic: Colonizing  (Read 907 times)

Kaizard

Colonizing
« on: November 11, 2009, 07:09:01 AM »
I am wondering how early should one try to colonize a new planet?
Or at least some tips from experienced commanders regarding colonizing.
And maybe some information on just about everything about colonizing.
Thank you very much!  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline President Penny

• View Profile
Re: Colonizing
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 03:49:16 PM »
I heard it said that the top players in the game had all eight colonies up and running pretty fast.  So I would say it's vital to be colonizing.   My own personal advice is to attempt to get some planets at the end of the galaxy for that hydro bonus.  You could get lucky and get a decent field size, most of my hydro planets now are all at least 100 plus fields.

Offline texasman77

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 04:06:35 PM »
Personally.. I went for the all the techs and things to get the ability to Colonize before I did anything else.   You can colonize for a cost of 10/20/10 plus I put in 5/5/5 to help spur growth.  I took what I got and built.  

The return on investment is fast on early mines and you can pay for all of that in about 2 weeks. I also colonized my solar system vs. expanding out.  That makes resource runs very fast  39min each way...

Now.. long term.. I will decolonize and expand out and help my alliance create strong holds.

This of course is just me.  Oh, disclaimer, I am in "D" but still enjoy a nice game play and interaction.  I figured there was no benefit in getting out there too early and lots of benefit to flying under the radar.  

I know I will get knocked around as soon as I come out and accept that.  But, I will have a very nice stronghold of resources that will keep me playing and growing.

Offline Matt

• Blue Frog Gaming
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bluefroggaming.com
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 04:22:49 PM »
I think, given what we've seen so far, optimal strategy is to get the Poseidon unlocked, build the full roster of those for running missions, and then go straight to 8 colonies.
No fleetsave = no fleet.

Offline texasman77

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 04:44:53 PM »
I bow to far more experience and knowledge.  I guess I was impatient about getting to other worlds.  I was also thinking that Mines work 24/7 from the word go and I actually sleep on occasion.. ;) LOL...

I do totally understand the logic and I already know I have done many dumb things in building and using resources.  I also know that others will jump at the chance to point all those mistakes out through that friendly thing called.. ATTACK!!!!

Offline zorprimus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 01:51:33 AM »
Its key to early success to the game. Resources become abundant easier as does advancement.

birthmark-ant