contact
June 27, 2019, 06:29:47 AM

Author Topic: Newbie rank?  (Read 572 times)

Offline Mess

• View Profile
Newbie rank?
« on: August 30, 2010, 02:18:13 PM »
Ive been playing uni 2 for about a week on and off just building the home world up and i am ranked just under 2k. My question is how can someone with the status of (N) be ranked 75 in the sMe time period?

Sorry if this is. Totall newbie question but i cant figure it out.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
Did I Do That?

Offline 2$Bill

• CONVERT TO ISLAM!!!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.suckitoklahoma.com/
Re: Newbie rank?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 02:39:32 PM »
They play more.  I am in the same boat.  I just can't run missions anymore and everyone keeps coming online or cycling (d)ipshit.  So I just keep runing missions.  I feel so ashamed.  I hate missions.  HATE HATE HATE.  So sometimes I dedicate a Fleet spot to killing.  Not much profit in it, But carebears blow their profits on drugs anyway so it's probably for the best.
Inventor of the "Support Rulings Forum"
Survivor of a direct confrontation with the Google [bot]
Winner of an argument with myself!

Quote from: \"Admiral Firebringer\"
I hate you people

Offline Dread Pirate Ragnar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 12:06:54 AM »
I have been playing 3-4 hours a day since Uni2 started and am fighting to stay under 1k rank.  The biggest key to the guys at the top is multiple planets, I only have 2 so far.
Quote from: \"Jesus_Saves\"
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." -John 3:16

I am a "whoever"!

If you are living like God doesn\'t exist, you\'d better be right!

Offline SGS 6

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 01:55:46 AM »
(N) just means they have more than 5x your Resources Spent points. So if you have less than 500 or so, and the top players are in the high 2000s-low 3000s, that would do it.

With the recent change to Newbie protection (assuming this is the same as Uni 1), you'll keep seeing those until you reach 25k Resource points, which is about seven times what the #1 player has at the moment.
Uni 1: retired, formerly Silver Gate Squadron
Uni 2: Sheridan Starkiller, Leader of the Shadows (Shadows)
http://http://wiki.playstarfleet.com/index.php/Shadows_(Shadows)

Offline poeticmotion

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 07:45:52 AM »
Quote from: "Dread Pirate Ragnar"
I have been playing 3-4 hours a day since Uni2 started and am fighting to stay under 1k rank.  The biggest key to the guys at the top is multiple planets, I only have 2 so far.

I only have 2 planets so far (although I've got two Gaias outbound as we speak) and I'm ranked #67 overall and #87 for resources spent. Part of that is time spent; I'm a college student. I've got time. And I can run missions off my phone. But part of that is also planning; I only play 4-5 hours a day, only actively a couple hours a day. But after playing uni 1 and X, I know exactly what I need to do to maximize my growth. I'm carefully planning each step to maximize my resource intake and grow. I'm not going to be in the top ten; I don't have time. But I'm pumping my resources into areas that increase my resource intake. Pulse 5 for fast Atlas, higher AI tech for more missions/attacks, and then switching between building my mines up for constant income and building just enough of a raiding fleet to use my AI slots and generate more income to build up my mines faster.

I'm 22 for destroyed ships, but that's not my focus right now...I'm only crashing fleets for resources. RSP is the name of the game in the first month of a uni. Getting mines up now is a huge advantage long-term.
Uni2-PoeticMotion[ODB] Peak rank 24 peak DSP rank 9 ***RETIRED FROM SFC***

Offline Callum Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 03:33:59 PM »
Quote from: "poeticmotion"
Quote from: "Dread Pirate Ragnar"

I only have 2 planets so far (although I've got two Gaias outbound as we speak) and I'm ranked #67 overall and #87 for resources spent. Part of that is time spent; I'm a college student. I've got time. And I can run missions off my phone. But part of that is also planning; I only play 4-5 hours a day, only actively a couple hours a day. But after playing uni 1 and X, I know exactly what I need to do to maximize my growth. I'm carefully planning each step to maximize my resource intake and grow. I'm not going to be in the top ten; I don't have time. But I'm pumping my resources into areas that increase my resource intake. Pulse 5 for fast Atlas, higher AI tech for more missions/attacks, and then switching between building my mines up for constant income and building just enough of a raiding fleet to use my AI slots and generate more income to build up my mines faster.

I'm 22 for destroyed ships, but that's not my focus right now...I'm only crashing fleets for resources. RSP is the name of the game in the first month of a uni. Getting mines up now is a huge advantage long-term.
+1
Every good player knows
No fleetsave=No fleet

birthmark-ant