contact
July 08, 2020, 10:48:56 PM

Author Topic: What's The Point  (Read 6368 times)

Offline bryn987

• View Profile
Re: What's The Point
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2010, 02:40:58 AM »
I've busted 20k rank players that had Zeus's.  Sorry, if you are big enough to have a Zeus, ill take it down.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
To be free, you must be exiled!

1/18/2010 - 10/22/2011
Players sent to d status/retirement - 32
Solo Zeus kills - 33
Solo Heph kills - 3
Moons given  -  31

Offline Victor Doom

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2010, 02:53:21 AM »
:twisted: ok..ok.. without knowing exactly what's what I guess I can't say anything.. when I played Original universe 20k rank wouldn't even be out of newby protection or just coming out at best...
"Meeting me might have been the most devastating and traumatic focal point of your entire life... For me... It was Tuesday..."

Offline padraic2112

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2010, 03:28:33 AM »
Really, the law of diminishing community is starting to catch up with the game.  3/4 of the people I brought into the game when I started in November have quit.  The first half is more or less expected, but the other half was surprising to an extent, they're pretty avid players.

I look at my home galaxy now (43), and there are seriously limited targets.  It used to be each solar system had a couple of active players, at least, and a slew of planets in diplo that would eventually toggle out to (i).  They're all gone.  Fully 80% of the solar systems now consist of less than 6 colonized planets now.

When the #22 ranked player is feasting on #22,000, that shows that the pickings are slim indeed.  The full bore players have worn out all of the fairly dedicated players, who wore out the active players, who wore out the casual players.  The game community is eating itself, month after month of shrinkage isn't sustainable in a massively multiplayer game.  Within a few more months, Blue Frog will just abandon it, there won't be enough players at the middle-to-new section of the community to make the game worth it.

Offline bryn987

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2010, 03:51:03 AM »
Quote from: "Victor Doom"
:twisted: ok..ok.. without knowing exactly what's what I guess I can't say anything.. when I played Original universe 20k rank wouldn't even be out of newby protection or just coming out at best...

Here is a 23k player I hit earlier today.  Nothing big but it was decent.  And I hit this same guy a few weeks ago for a bigger hit so the 20k players are starting to get decent fleets

Hermes class probe: 0  (Lost: 1)
Artemis class fighter: 0  (Lost: 3)
Atlas class cargo: 0  (Lost: 4)
Apollo class fighter: 0  (Lost: 4)
Charon class transport: 0  (Lost: 1)
Hercules class cargo: 0  (Lost: 5)
Poseidon class cruiser: 0  (Lost: 9)
Athena class battleship: 0  (Lost: 11)
Ares class bomber: 0  (Lost: 6)
Hades class battleship: 0  (Lost: 23)
Prometheus class destroyer: 0  (Lost: 23)
Laser cannon: 0  (Lost: 1)
Pulse cannon: 0  (Lost: 1)
Particle cannon: 0  (Lost: 4)
Gauss cannon: 0  (Lost: 2)
Plasma cannon: 0  (Lost: 7)
** Resources lost: 3,525,500 ore, 2,910,500 crystal, and 1,013,000 hydrogen.

The attacking side acquired 72,681 ore, 385,938 crystal, and 379,262 hydrogen.
Some of the enemy's defenses were rebuilt.
990,000 ore and 769,200 crystal are now floating at this location.
To be free, you must be exiled!

1/18/2010 - 10/22/2011
Players sent to d status/retirement - 32
Solo Zeus kills - 33
Solo Heph kills - 3
Moons given  -  31

Offline Hawkins

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2010, 06:24:52 AM »
Personally I wouldn't call what that guy had a decent fleet. Lacked any real fodder. And a rank 22 going after 1 rank 22000 is just as cheap as cheap comes. If anyone has a problem with that they could shove it up their .... I can understand why some of the players who have a sap like that attacking them leave the game. It shows no real skill at all.
Hawkins, Former member and Leader of Hawkins\' Hellions
Assumption is the mother of all F@#$ ups.
Moons given: 7
Moons owned: Still 0

Offline liggy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2010, 07:43:00 AM »
BFG will only abandon the game,when there not making money anymore:).....start a new Uni every 6months,and have a lifespan of 18 months sounds good to me.

Offline Cannon balls

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2010, 01:41:07 PM »
Where is the Whaaaambulance when you need it!

Offline Opti

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2010, 02:55:01 PM »
Its true that its stupid though. Rank 22 attacking rank 22000 or something? That's stupidly unfair.

I see a lot of other players here offering their great advice on 'how to survive' but fact is if you got wiped out that early on what are the chances you're gonna keep playing? its not exactly the most straight forward game and there is no 'practise mode'. If it was that easy to learn and do what you're all telling him too then the game wouldn't be dying would it.

Personally I think it was a bit of a stujpid idea to start uni 2 in the first palce since that completely screws over uni 1,buit aside from that, if it were to be fixed there needs to be some extra rule that allows players like this to compete with other places of their rank before they can get picked off by anyone and everyone. A 100k-200k overall rank abrrier maybe? Who knows.

Fact is you can't blame the newer players for not being skilled enough to play if that is actually killing the gameoff, that doesn't work unless you want no game to play at all.

Offline DrZed

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2010, 05:20:05 PM »
Wow I can't believe you posted this.  I told you the reason why you were hit.  You've been a complete jerk to people and nobody wants you around in this game.  Please leave.
Retired (semi \":)\"

Offline Albert

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2010, 05:23:44 PM »
Quote from: "DrZed"
Wow I can't believe you posted this.  I told you the reason why you were hit.  You've been a complete jerk to people and nobody wants you around in this game.  Please leave.

yeah. always consider the asshole factor. before i left the game i hit a bunch of people b/c they would mouth off to me. it's really just like.. how stupid can you get?
Retired from the Original Universe.
Peak - #9 Overall, #8 DSP

Retired from Uni 2
Peak - #10 Overall, #10 DSP

Offline DrZed

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2010, 05:32:24 PM »
Sorry my first response was emotional. I don't mind having a discussion on this topic. I believe that anyone out of (n) is an ethical target, although I rarely hit players below 10k.  Also I am normally even more reluctant to lock lowly ranked players.
Retired (semi \":)\"

Offline padraic2112

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2010, 05:55:25 PM »
Quote from: "liggy"
BFG will only abandon the game,when there not making money anymore:).....start a new Uni every 6months,and have a lifespan of 18 months sounds good to me.

No, it doesn't work that way.  Maintenance, even if it's cheap, is still a cost.  If you can make $1,000 doing something or $10,000 doing something else, you're going to abandon the $1,000 thing, even though it's making money.

Watch their new releases.  Mobile apps.

Offline RedParrot

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2010, 07:26:49 PM »
I'm not about to argue ethics about this... but as a fleeter, nearly all my income is from hits. If BFGs rules state that at this point they should understand the game why should I wait until he starts to match my rank, especially since mine is only inflated by DSP. As it stands it would be great to target more people more closely ranked but I don't want to pay a few mil hydro just to find someone in the 200 range.
"Often wrong, but never in doubt."
Uni1 =  PigeonFrenzy     -  Exiled(retired)
Uni2 = Big Bird  -  Exiled
Uni2X = Codename Duchess - STING

Offline the enforcer

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2010, 07:28:27 PM »
got to catch them all... oh wait wrong game.

Offline Jedi Knight Darin

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2010, 08:36:04 PM »
ALL RIGHT, THERE ARE 3 SIDES TO THIS STORY HIS, OURS, AND THE TRUTH.  LITTLE TOMMY BOY IS LEAVING OUT WHAT GOT THIS BALL ROLLING.

First off, he decides to attack a alliance member of mine, the guy barely had 2 days in the game...and was starting to understand it.  But Tommy B decides he is a easy target 3 times in succession.  Now I am a firm believer in F/R saving, but I also have enough respect for the game to allow others to learn it before I take a run at them.  

I was asked if i could help, now instead of group defending and smashing his fleet on the next run..i asked him in a message to back off.  My wife even asked him, to give it a break.  But Tommy decides we are ganging up on him, and then lets his mouth/fingers write a check his 1 man alliance cant cash.  He says that he wont stop hitting him, that we cant touch him, and that he has declared open season on our alliance.  He used some more words in there that dont need to be rewritten, but needless to say, when someone who is 22K is asked by someone who is 5K or less to easy off... Why not?  But instead he gets rude, and disrespectful.  

SO I, in turn informed some friends of mine, that this guy is rude, disrespectful, and should be taught that picking on someone isnt the way to go about the game.  I have been smashed before..and not held a grudge, but when Little Tommy B here gets his first whooping, by DR Zed (thank you again lol), its comical to see him go whining.  All he had to do is back off a newbie, and let him learn, give him a month then hammer him if he didnt learn to F/R save in that time.  But Tommy comes here, and whines like a 5 yr old.  

What he doesnt tell you is that he used the res that came from his planet to build colony ships and place them next to the ones doing  the smashing..lol.  Cute lil kid trying to thumb his nose at the older kids.  Or smart move if he ever got the knowledge to use them correctly.  

SO there you got it, the JCA side of the story, Zed isn't picking on someone, he is educating him, Like I am, but lil Tommy has been lucky so far with his fleet...Luck runs out.  

So if you feel like we are wrong..by all means tell me...i am all ears/eyes.

Take care everyone and happy hunting.

Jedi Knight Darin
JCA