contact
October 22, 2019, 03:41:37 AM

Author Topic: (non) Diplomacy Mode??  (Read 2068 times)

Offline Callum Roberts

• View Profile
Re: (non) Diplomacy Mode??
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2010, 08:55:35 PM »
Quote from: "kirayoshi"
Is the message you got saying you have entered diplomacy mode before the battle reports or after?

Was in (d) mode for 2 days BEFORE I was attacked x2.
yes but do you have a message confirming that?
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
Every good player knows
No fleetsave=No fleet

Offline kirayoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2010, 11:09:27 PM »

yes

In addition, Can I clarify that you cannot be attacked if you are below 100 resource points?

Offline Kimbahlicious

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2010, 01:01:16 AM »
Quote from: "kirayoshi"

yes

In addition, Can I clarify that you cannot be attacked if you are below 100 resource points?

You currently cannot be attacked since you are at or below 100 resources spent points. Once you reach that threshold you will have the option to go into Diplomacy Mode.
Retired, not retired, retired, not retired....
No Prey, No Pay
  - Don Maitz

Offline SGS 6

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2010, 07:25:35 AM »
Keep in mind that there are things you get RS points for that can be destroyed. So your RS points can go down due to combat losses.

One member of my alliance had logged off while building something; when the build completed, his RS points jumped to 102, making him attackable. By the next time he logged on, he had already been hit and his RSP reduced to 96 (or maybe it was 94, I forget). so he was made attackable prior to having that one-time speed run into diplomacy....

But yes, the earlier posters are also correct. If you're not using the newbie speed run, there is a 24 hour wait period for going into diplomacy. Most newer players don't realize this and don't fleetsave during it, so they are often easy targets (a lof of players will probe anyone who is (!) for exactly this reason). Another thing most people don't realize (this also applies when returning from inactive status) is that any attacks launched during the (d) toggle period (or while inactive) CAN and WILL impact the planet with the usual effect.

So it's possible that either the attack was launched before you were actually in diplo mode, or perhaps there was a bug where you were marked (id) instead of just (d) and were attackable because of it.
Uni 1: retired, formerly Silver Gate Squadron
Uni 2: Sheridan Starkiller, Leader of the Shadows (Shadows)
http://http://wiki.playstarfleet.com/index.php/Shadows_(Shadows)

Offline kirayoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2010, 01:52:36 PM »
From read all the comments here, I do believe there is a problem or bug that in entering (d) mode from the tutorial. Either that there is a (!) transition that does not display on the Galaxy & Leader board screens, so ppl assume that they are in full (d) mode when in fact they are not so you get "Scavengers" leeching ur resources without you realising.

One thing I am going to do is establish a new colony "In a Galaxy far far away..." from my current Solar System (I am surrounded by leeching morons!!!) and move house. (Pity I can't blow up my planet and create a supernova in the system... :lol: )

Offline speck

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2010, 02:33:44 AM »
I am pretty sure he was probed although that probably shouldnt have happened either. The game does show probes as attacks on the homeworld page and they can be weeks ago and still be recent. So it may have been before he went "D" or a probing before or afterwards and they would show as attacks but nothing in the battle report if the probe isnt shot down.

Commander Speck Leader JYD Extreme
Rasputen Leader =BtR= Uni2
Commander Speck, Retired x2
Crazy Horse x2

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2010, 03:13:21 AM »
Quote from: "speck"
I am pretty sure he was probed although that probably shouldnt have happened either. The game does show probes as attacks on the homeworld page and they can be weeks ago and still be recent. So it may have been before he went "D" or a probing before or afterwards and they would show as attacks but nothing in the battle report if the probe isnt shot down.

Commander Speck Leader JYD Extreme
Rasputen Leader =BtR= Uni2

probes are only shown as attacks if they are intercepted
Quote from: \"LHDR\"
Quote from: \"Sid82\"
-1 don\'t need a reason other than this is a stupid idea
Quote from: \"LHDR\"
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds."~Albert Einstein
doesn\'t work when idea IS stupid
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

Offline Hawkins

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2010, 03:19:30 AM »
Quote from: "speck"

The only way a probe will show on the home screen is if they are incoming at that time or if their was a battle from them. If someone probes and there is no detection it does not show up on the home page "recent battles" log.
Hawkins, Former member and Leader of Hawkins\' Hellions
Assumption is the mother of all F@#$ ups.
Moons given: 7
Moons owned: Still 0