contact
February 19, 2019, 02:55:50 AM

Author Topic: Perfect example of customer support reply...  (Read 2103 times)

andy nard1

Re: Perfect example of customer support reply...
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2010, 08:04:06 PM »
While I agree the customer service could be better...and probably does need to be better, you guys are getting offended of something extremely minor. He more than likely did not in any way mean for it to be discourteous. You have to remember, text is not the same as talking to someone face to face or even on the phone, it can easily be misinterpreted, and when a person reads it, they put their own emphasis on certain words...can very easily change the entire meaning of what someone was trying to say.

I disagree with your statement.
The reply was short and did not address the concerns that I have expressed in my ticket. While I fully agree that when writing is very difficult to express the same feelings on a face to face or over the phone, the insult is not only on the words itself, worst it is dismissive of the ideas/opinions expressed by the undersigned. On top of that the choice of words is very poor.
A small effort (and some thinking) before replying would have surely avoided this situation.
Note that I did not spent more that 5 minutes in writing this post, and I am not an English mother tongue speaker, thus is no so difficult to express ideas/opinions without hurting the feelings of your customers. Of course I might be wrong if you find this dismissive and rude.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Big S

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2010, 08:42:08 PM »
Well.... I agree with Sid. I didn't see any grave sin in the response. Not enough to roast someone.

I can see the point about him dismissing the larger concern about the number of captchas. If the board is any indication, it does sound like this is a growing problem. I agree that probably auto-suspend is not the right to do with the system. Perhaps Jason could have said, yes, this seems to be a trend with the tickets I see...I'll recommend some investigation to developers. Or something like that. But still...cut the guy a little slack.
Quote from: \"Evan Woodard\"
I\'m pretty sure that\'s just D-baggery.

Offline Victor Doom

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2010, 09:13:24 PM »
:evil: A big part of me says give the guy some slack.. can you imagine having to scroll through all the support tickets of people crying that this guy crushed his fleet or is being mean and not playing nice... I would imagine that they are inundated with that..
 :evil: Not sure why they targeted you with anti botting, but to get suspended you had to have failed more then once in a row.. I'm all over the map with my clicking and have never failed a single one.. Of course whenever one was thrown at me I was right there to see it...  :twisted:
"Meeting me might have been the most devastating and traumatic focal point of your entire life... For me... It was Tuesday..."

Offline neonnative

• I will s†rike down upon †hee wi†h grea† vengeance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2010, 09:47:09 PM »
Personally, I am glad they are doing something to prevent people from botting.  Fill it out and move on, if Jason's response "offended" you...maybe this game is not for you.

Offline Bleys

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2010, 12:51:43 AM »
I am with Sid. I dont think you really deserved more than that curt, flippant reply because you diminished the strength of your complaint by bringing up non-Captcha related BFG policy decisions. Yaman and JR have nothing to do with your complaint. Yeah, I know what you were trying to say, but it came out as whiney instead.

Personally, I have never gotten a Captcha, and I scan hundreds of planets a day when I am active. Of course, I never run missions either, I dont think I have run a single mission since Day 3.

I have a solution. Cut missions from the game. Simple. Why have a mechanic that is SO easily abused with very simple scripts? Not a good idea? The alternative is Captchas, I guess, because I dont think there are many other ways to try to curb cheating, and even they arent all that effective. They do catch some though.
Brute Force, if its not working, you\'re just not using enough.

Remember kids, fleetsaving wastes Hydro!

Offline Pilot Pirx

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2010, 02:53:43 AM »
I personally have no problem with CAPTCHAs.  It is BFG's method of using them that is the problem.   Andrea said essentially the same thing.   The main problem is the auto-suspension.   I'd really like to see the % of auto-suspended players that BFG actually determines had somehow cheated (botting, auto-refresh, etc.).    They could just as easily continue to have the CAPTCHAs in place and instead of automatically suspending a player for missing one, flag their account and investigate when they get to it.   (They are going to have to deal with it anyway because auto-suspension is indefinate, until BFG revokes the suspension).

The way they have it implemented...  Every player that is wrongfully suspended, is denied a certain amount of playing time, res, etc.  (in some cases up to 3 days because BFG does not work weekends).
AA
To boldly go where neither human nor hamster has gone before
To explore strange new worlds
To seek out new life and new civilizations
And destroy them

andy nard1

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2010, 03:28:30 AM »
Mine was not whiny. I do not agree with the rulings, but that's my opinion.
What I wanted to highlight is that in such cases BFG has investigated both cases and made a ruling. The captcha, BFG does not investigate, it just suspend. I wanted to bring those as examples of innocent till proven guilt for some, guilt till I get back to work for others.

I have a solution. Cut missions from the game.

Thanks for suggestions, unfortunately, as I already stated I do not run any missions. I think I only run the hydro mission in Extreme on the very first day.

I am not saying I am right or wrong, I have addressed a question to BFG support and that was the reply. I have serious issues with that reply, much bigger than my original query about captchas and suspensions.

if Jason's response "offended" you...maybe this game is not for you.

Would you elaborate on this profound statement?

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2010, 03:49:26 AM »
simple, it wasn't rude, it was how you took it....if something as simple as telling you that you can do whatever you want in a game when you asked if you could not do that is offensive to you, then you are wayyyyyyyy to oversensitive.
Quote from: \"LHDR\"
Quote from: \"Sid82\"
-1 don\'t need a reason other than this is a stupid idea
Quote from: \"LHDR\"
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds."~Albert Einstein
doesn\'t work when idea IS stupid
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

andy nard1

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2010, 03:53:18 AM »
simple, it wasn't rude, it was how you took it....if something as simple as telling you that you can do whatever you want in a game when you asked if you could not do that is offensive to you, then you are wayyyyyyyy to oversensitive.

You expressed your opinion, I am asking what has to do with the fact that the game is not for me? I do not find any relation between the twos

Offline Overlord Othinslayer

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2010, 03:56:42 AM »
Only captcha I have ever gotten was while cleaning up some alliance threads.

Also, I agree Jason needs a bit of work on his tact.  But after reading ungrateful message after ungrateful message, followed by a complain, then by someone trying to bend the rules to their purpose, I would probably be a bit curt myself.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7007
Please go there and send your support!  Simply state Reply All! +1

Offline Kimbahlicious

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2010, 04:36:35 AM »
Quote from: "andy nard1"
To this request

Your captcha algorithm is really a a nuisance. Catpachs are popping up without any reasons...Last one I was doing a galaxy scan and probing for targets, I cannot do that now? What I am suppose to do, farm and built defenses? You are killing the pleasure of playing this game. A friend of mine was suspended 3 days because of a missed captcha, 3 days
because you during the week end do not work! Most of the community is upset with your naive methods of trying to catch people using bots, while your rule enforcement is always biased in favor of the major alliances. The non suspension of Yaman, the warning to JRittel are in fact poor decisions, I my opinion. What they did was way worse than someone missing a captcha...but for that you suspended automatically. Stop this system and review all the missed captcha in the morning when you start working and than suspend, after having investigated. No suspend and than investigate why! Why did you not suspend Yaman and Jrittel while you were investigating?
Looking forward to your reply, and I hope you will address my concerns.
Sincerely Yours
Andrea

I got this reply

Jason, Sep 27 13:42 (EDT):
You can do whatever you want. If a captcha pops up just fill it out, and you don't have any problems.
Blue Frog Gaming Support

I do not comment. I leave to the community to judge the value of such reply...and of course how polite it was.
I also add that on the same day I got 5 captchas, and I have been hitting 2-3 players that were mission botting...
I am speechless!

First off, its not as if you were all that polite either.  The captcha is not all that difficult to fill out.  If you're missing them, you're scanning too quickly.  Captchas don't pop up for no reason. They have a reason. To prevent bots.  It may be a nuisance for you to have to scan for 20 seconds per system instead of 2 seconds, but you're well aware that it can happen, so you should be keeping a keen eye out for them.  

You were also incorrect with your statement that most of the community is upset with BFG's way of catching people using bots.  Not to mention that major alliances have rulings based in their favor.  Then you brought up 2 suspensions that have nothing to do with captchas or botting.  

While Jason could have replied the way I did, "Slow down while galaxy scanning," I'd imagine he was more than a bit ticked off at your flippant comments in your ticket.  If your response is that your English is not that good, then go use the Google translator.
Retired, not retired, retired, not retired....
No Prey, No Pay
  - Don Maitz

andy nard1

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2010, 06:06:43 AM »
d imagine he was more than a bit ticked off at your flippant comments in your ticket

Point taken.
I do agree that I could have used a less "aggressive language", however I am the customer. I have not insulted anybody.
In matter of fact, I will not comment on Captcha or the rulings for the other two cases in this thread. That was my ticket to BFG, and I just wish a comment from BFG on that. I am not going to start a survey about my claim regarding the community, however I have several friends that agree with me. I might have not counted if they are the majority or not, therefore I agree that I should have not stated so.

Offline neonnative

• I will s†rike down upon †hee wi†h grea† vengeance
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2010, 02:46:42 PM »
Quote from: "andy nard1"
Mine was not whiny. I do not agree with the rulings, but that's my opinion.
What I wanted to highlight is that in such cases BFG has investigated both cases and made a ruling. The captcha, BFG does not investigate, it just suspend. I wanted to bring those as examples of innocent till proven guilt for some, guilt till I get back to work for others.

I have a solution. Cut missions from the game.

Thanks for suggestions, unfortunately, as I already stated I do not run any missions. I think I only run the hydro mission in Extreme on the very first day.

I am not saying I am right or wrong, I have addressed a question to BFG support and that was the reply. I have serious issues with that reply, much bigger than my original query about captchas and suspensions.

if Jason's response "offended" you...maybe this game is not for you.

Would you elaborate on this profound statement?

Sure, lets take something very simple and elaborate on it until we are all sick.  We are mostly all adults here.  We all agree that botting and multi accounts are a problem.
However, in your original post you refer to "captchas" or "catpachs" ;) as a nuisance and make an erroneous assumption that "most of the community is upset with your naive methods of trying to catch people using bots...etc".  
You seem upset about Yaman and JRittel not being suspended, let it go, move on already.  That has nothing to do with your issues with the captchas.  Why would someone (like your friend) miss a captcha anyway?  As to Jason's response to your question, "what am I supposed to do, farm and build defenses?"  "You can do whatever you want.  If a captcha pops up just fill it out and you don't have any problems".  

If you can't handle a straight forward response to your long, drawn out, complaint about captchas, others not being suspended because you feel they should, and your friend being suspended because he missed a captcha - maybe this game is not for you.  In other words, design your own game and set up your own rules or find a way to play with the confines of someone else's game.

We all appreciate you bringing this issue up.  I was not aware of captchas until I started reading the posts.  Perhaps your response from Jason would have been more satisfying had you kept things simple and less emotional.  You did express a lot of concerns in your request.  

I am sure that if you sent direct questions and concerns to bfg regarding captchas they will be more forthcoming in their responses.  I did not say that to be a jerk towards you.  I tend to be direct and to the point.  As you can see, I am not very good at elaborating.

Offline Victor Doom

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2010, 03:07:24 PM »
:evil: Gotta admit Andrea Nard, you were emotional and angry in your letter and were all over the map and the statement about what should I do.. Farm and build... why should he care what your playing style is?.. I'd probably answer in a similiar manner.. I don't care how agressive you are.. Capta's are not easy to miss.. fill them out and be done with it.. unless of course you were doing something a little crooked and couldn't catch it?.. Mission bots aren't the only bots out there..
 :evil: I'm all for anti-botting procedures.. I've gone against people who routinely botted and it completely blows and ruins the game when people do.. I'm actually glad that some measures are in place to try and catch these people...
 :evil: In an ideal world.. people would play by the rules and put in legitimate time/effort/skill into this game and earn their rank appropriately.. however, that not being the case.. something needs to be done to weed out the weak.. and I'm glad BFG is taking the time/effort to catch these folk...
"Meeting me might have been the most devastating and traumatic focal point of your entire life... For me... It was Tuesday..."

Offline Overlord Othinslayer

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2010, 03:21:18 PM »
It seems like if you were doing something fast enough to get the first one, if you are still doing that it is probably tripping the same line of code.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7007
Please go there and send your support!  Simply state Reply All! +1