contact
October 22, 2019, 03:43:46 AM

Author Topic: Just for the record  (Read 2377 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline fornov

  • Member
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Re: Just for the record
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2010, 10:29:45 PM »
I know I'm in the vast minority here, but I don't like the doubled mine production.  It just encourages more mining and turtling, and less fleeting.

Why even bother with building an attack fleet?  There is no way to even come close to the ROI mining gets you.  In Mafia Boss, I got to #1 on kill points, but I kept falling behind because of all those ships (troops) I was wasting my time building!  But if you're not going to build ships, why play a combat game in the first place?

I'd prefer a universe with standard mines, but doubled ship speed.  THAT is a uni that would encourage fleeting.  AND...perhaps a limit on defenses, based on the number of fields on a planet?  That would be especially good.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Khan Boylemeister

  • Member
  • Posts: 34
    • View Profile
Re: Just for the record
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2010, 02:15:45 AM »
Quote from: "fornov"
I know I'm in the vast minority here, but I don't like the doubled mine production.  It just encourages more mining and turtling, and less fleeting.

Why even bother with building an attack fleet?  There is no way to even come close to the ROI mining gets you.  In Mafia Boss, I got to #1 on kill points, but I kept falling behind because of all those ships (troops) I was wasting my time building!  But if you're not going to build ships, why play a combat game in the first place?

I'd prefer a universe with standard mines, but doubled ship speed.  THAT is a uni that would encourage fleeting.  AND...perhaps a limit on defenses, based on the number of fields on a planet?  That would be especially good.

I think you may see a little bit less fleeting early, but later the fleets will be that much bigger due to the proven strength of the hybrid fleeter/miner strategy.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Aaria.moon

  • Member
  • Posts: 2463
    • View Profile
Re: Just for the record
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2010, 03:20:57 AM »
Two successful hits can pay for your whole fleet if you can find and catch a fleet thats big enough ;)

Mines are slow to pay for themselves over time. Mine increase of 14% and a cost increase of 50% means that the bigger the mines the slower the ROI. Eventually a fleet will be worth more. Early in the game though, raiding is great fun, not as easy as mining but way more fun :P

Get ore mines of level 28+ across all colonies then if your fleet is worth your mine RSP then you could pay for those mines in two weeks fleeting, vs 3 weeks for the mines to pay for themselves.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
HONEYBEE MALES: DURING COPULATION THEIR BODY EXPLODES APART LIKE GRENADE; GENITALIA HAS HOOKS AND SPINES AND IT WEDGES INTO FEMALE AND SEALS HER OPENING.

Offline meowyeah

  • Member
  • Posts: 274
    • View Profile
Re: Just for the record
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2010, 03:39:23 PM »
god i want a uni2/extreme hybrid
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
Quote from: \"2$Bill\"
If i were to make a split personality, I would not have a dirty cock as my avatar.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n183 ... t/meow6.jp

Offline tets

  • Member
  • Posts: 161
    • View Profile
Re: Just for the record
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2010, 05:23:26 PM »
speed mode with debris to defence would be fun =]
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline renykeny

  • Member
  • Posts: 1525
    • View Profile
Re: Just for the record
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2010, 06:01:55 PM »
hell yes...a complete war universe..one that allowed players to rebuild easier somehow!
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline fornov

  • Member
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Re: Just for the record
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2010, 11:30:39 PM »
Quote from: "Aaria.moon"
Two successful hits can pay for your whole fleet if you can find and catch a fleet thats big enough ;)

Mines are slow to pay for themselves over time. Mine increase of 14% and a cost increase of 50% means that the bigger the mines the slower the ROI. Eventually a fleet will be worth more. Early in the game though, raiding is great fun, not as easy as mining but way more fun :P

Get ore mines of level 28+ across all colonies then if your fleet is worth your mine RSP then you could pay for those mines in two weeks fleeting, vs 3 weeks for the mines to pay for themselves.


Exactly my point...with the lower mine production, the ROI is even slower.  So that encourages fleeting even more.  Higher mines discourages fleeting, comparatively.  Even though the mines' ROI is low at high levels, when their production is doubled, their ROI is cut in half.  That is an incentive to keep mining longer.

With lower mine production, and faster attack time, fleeting would be the way of the uni!  Add into that the suggestion of defenses to debris, and it's a fleeter's dream.  After your mines got above level 24 or so, it would be pointless to keep mining when your ability to attack successfully and gather profits that way is so greatly enhanced.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Darth Nefarious

  • Member
  • Posts: 95
    • View Profile
Re: Just for the record
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2010, 12:33:21 AM »
All of that is great, if you're a fleeter.  Luckily, there's more than one way to play.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
Member of Utopia, Universe 4.

Offline Master

  • Member
  • Posts: 1109
    • View Profile
Re: Just for the record
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2010, 12:59:30 AM »
You are forgetting that will low mine output there will only be very small fleets to feed off of and lots of people trying to do so... The more income you have the bigger the fleet you can build. I have no fleet yet but once I start fleeting if I do it like I did in MB I can get to rank 1 for fleet points in a week or two and have a decent fleet too.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
poeticmotion: You know what will happen if I oracle-lock you?

Absolutely nothing. I\'ll cuss a few times, mutter "holy crap, I\'m not even going to battlecalc that" and have nightmares about 10000 capitol ships descending upon my homeworld.

Offline tets

  • Member
  • Posts: 161
    • View Profile
Re: Just for the record
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2010, 03:28:10 AM »
ive only built like 2 days worth of res on fleets. but stoped now just building mines.
im to lazy to go around attacking people for now. gonna wait till some massive fleets are around and then recycle them.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Master

  • Member
  • Posts: 1109
    • View Profile
Re: Just for the record
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2010, 03:31:22 AM »
My goal is 100k apollo by the end of the year.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
poeticmotion: You know what will happen if I oracle-lock you?

Absolutely nothing. I\'ll cuss a few times, mutter "holy crap, I\'m not even going to battlecalc that" and have nightmares about 10000 capitol ships descending upon my homeworld.

Offline fornov

  • Member
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Re: Just for the record
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2010, 03:18:46 AM »
Quote from: "Darth Nefarious"
All of that is great, if you're a fleeter.  Luckily, there's more than one way to play.


Of course there is more than one way to play.  If you are not a fleeter, then you should love these uni's with doubled mine production.

My point is I'd like to see a uni that benefits fleeters over the other styles.  The last 3 uni's released have all had doubled mine production.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Sid82

  • Member
  • Posts: 3255
    • View Profile
Re: Just for the record
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2010, 04:19:37 AM »
Quote from: "fornov"
Quote from: "Darth Nefarious"
All of that is great, if you're a fleeter.  Luckily, there's more than one way to play.


Of course there is more than one way to play.  If you are not a fleeter, then you should love these uni's with doubled mine production.

My point is I'd like to see a uni that benefits fleeters over the other styles.  The last 3 uni's released have all had doubled mine production.

and one of them doubles ship speeds too
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
Quote from: \"LHDR\"
Quote from: \"Sid82\"
-1 don\'t need a reason other than this is a stupid idea
Quote from: \"LHDR\"
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds."~Albert Einstein
doesn\'t work when idea IS stupid
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

Offline poeticmotion

  • Member
  • Posts: 1914
    • View Profile
Re: Just for the record
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2010, 05:45:56 AM »
Extreme rewards fleeters...2x flight speed. As a hybrid, I'm loving uni2...I've built a fleet sufficient to get decent hits in, but I'm mainly focused on mines and only building ships when I have extra resources. But within a week or two, I'll have reached a point where the best ROI will be to build a fleet and start making hits...and use those hits to build mines up farther. The long-term success stories in this uni will be the people who are miners right now...because my fleet is much smaller than the top ones in the game, but within a couple weeks I'll be able to build as many ships in a day as some of these guys are flying around. When they get crashed, it will take them a lot longer to recover.

The setup in uni2 rewards being patient, building mines up into at least the mid if not the high twenties, and then building a fleet. Honestly, the ROI curve on this game will make mines in the low thirties pretty common among top players, where uni1's ROI curve made it kinda pointless to push past the mid to high twenties. The top fleets over here will be bigger than Extreme's within months.

We're less than two months in and I'm already way past where I was at this stage in my uni1 account...just imagine what this is going to look like six months in. EPIC battles.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
Uni2-PoeticMotion[ODB] Peak rank 24 peak DSP rank 9 ***RETIRED FROM SFC***


Offline Techno

  • Member
  • Posts: 307
    • View Profile
Re: Just for the record
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2010, 09:31:45 AM »
Quote from: "poeticmotion"
Extreme rewards fleeters...2x flight speed. As a hybrid, I'm loving uni2...I've built a fleet sufficient to get decent hits in, but I'm mainly focused on mines and only building ships when I have extra resources. But within a week or two, I'll have reached a point where the best ROI will be to build a fleet and start making hits...and use those hits to build mines up farther. The long-term success stories in this uni will be the people who are miners right now...because my fleet is much smaller than the top ones in the game, but within a couple weeks I'll be able to build as many ships in a day as some of these guys are flying around. When they get crashed, it will take them a lot longer to recover.

The setup in uni2 rewards being patient, building mines up into at least the mid if not the high twenties, and then building a fleet. Honestly, the ROI curve on this game will make mines in the low thirties pretty common among top players, where uni1's ROI curve made it kinda pointless to push past the mid to high twenties. The top fleets over here will be bigger than Extreme's within months.

We're less than two months in and I'm already way past where I was at this stage in my uni1 account...just imagine what this is going to look like six months in. EPIC battles.


I agree totally.  Those who can patiently sit out the initial mine build up phase, and resist the "natural" (at least for me) inclination to fleet up sooner, will enjoy longer term rewards in this version.  Stronger hydro flows and high mine output will encourage some massive fleet battles down the track.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

 

birthmark-ant