contact
December 16, 2018, 06:26:03 AM

Author Topic: So far no (s) or account re-sets in Care Bears  (Read 1988 times)

Offline Kimbahlicious

• View Profile
Re: So far no (s) or account re-sets in Care Bears
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2010, 11:19:14 PM »
My $.02, just because I can...

I don't recall a large amount of the community complaining that ALL of Profit was cheating.  Maybe 1 or 2 morons that need to work on their reading comprehension skills, but for the most part, we've all agreed that this was an unfortunate incident that some players that were limited to one alliance were the perps.

With that said, I applaud BFG for giving people a chance to turn themselves in. (But, they should have given a specific deadline which would prevent these types of questions). If you guys may recall, the shipyard fiasco ended up with a lot of players suspended until they could sort out who cheated and who didn't.  Then, people that were just following instructions from their officers or leaders (Hey, enter this in a negative # and see what happens and then got hosed with a reset instead of a partial reset. We lost a lot of players because of that fiasco.) Would you prefer they suspended the entire alliance and then sorted it out? NO.  What if someone had downloaded the program, ran it and found out what it was and then removed it? Should they get the same punishment as someone that used it from the time they downloaded it?  At least this time, BFG is trying to be fair with partial resets instead of completely resetting everyone and attempting to keep players around.

Mona - I also applaud you for keeping quiet during all of this.  You've done the right thing.  It's out of your hands, just let BFG do what needs to be done on their end and you just keep smashing ships.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
Retired, not retired, retired, not retired....
No Prey, No Pay
  - Don Maitz

Offline Hawkins

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2010, 12:02:18 AM »
I agree that Care bears is not all cheaters but I am willing to bet there are a few. Whether it be multi-account players or bot users or whatever else is out there, but then I am sure every alliance that gets too large has the same problem. I would like to know who the cheaters are but all of profit, not a chance. I have only ever tangled with one member of Profit and I know by the comment I got from him that they are a solid bunch, well that and the tone of the members on the forum. Like Mona and quite a few others. I don't think that everyone in Profit should be suspended and I am glad that they were not at the same time.

Mona don't blame yourself for the flak that others are bring at the Care Bears, most of us thought that Code was a cool guy. For a while he was but then his whole conflict with BFG happened and now this. Could any of us have known that he would actually go this far, NO, not unless someone was told in private.
Hawkins, Former member and Leader of Hawkins\' Hellions
Assumption is the mother of all F@#$ ups.
Moons given: 7
Moons owned: Still 0

Offline Bleys

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2010, 12:22:26 AM »
Quote from: "Satok"
We have had our ups and downs, Bleys, but of all the people on here, you are near the bottom of my list of possible cheaters. I believe you on that one.
Heh, I think you would be surprised how much we agree, FAR more than we disagree man. I argue for the sake of the debate quite often, and in such a situation, you MUST be passionate about your position, even if you dont actually feel so committed to it. I dont do it a lot, but there are quite a few such situations in this game, with legitimate positions on both sides.

As for my integrity, remember, and yeah, here I go, but I have been fleetsaving off 8 planets every day for the past 5 years, other than the year or so I took off playing Civ IV:BTS. Cheaters dont play like that. My rep in OG is beyond reproach. I still consider 90% of SFC nubs, so whatever with what they think. I know how I play, and those who have actually been with me in chat/skype know me very well.

BTW I can consistently beat Emperor Mode in Civ IV, and average 50-50 on Immortal, mostly because I refuse to "cheat" and reload huts and battles, lol.

We are more alike than different Satok. That goes for a number of regulars on this board that I regularly debate with, actually.
Brute Force, if its not working, you\'re just not using enough.

Remember kids, fleetsaving wastes Hydro!

Offline Master

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2010, 02:20:02 AM »
I cant finish a game of civ IV unless it is on an easier mode since the memory leak renders my laptop useless before I can finish the game when it goes on longer lol.

Bleys are you saying that you have known code longer than when you started sfc? or are you just stating that you met him and have been talking to him since around when x started? Just curouse since I used to talk to code a lot at the begining of x between attacks on each other and I tried to help support his sfcstats site as far as posting battle reports and what not and even posted most of my hits exclesivily on those forums after making a custom battle report converter to go along with the ship "smilies" that he added to his forums. Mostly lost touch when he quit x though and I actually landed in system of him and looking now I see his heph was the one that I went to that system to hunt since it was moving when I launched and landed there. Talked for a few minutes after probing him then he stopped responding that night and I later saw he was suspended....
poeticmotion: You know what will happen if I oracle-lock you?

Absolutely nothing. I\'ll cuss a few times, mutter "holy crap, I\'m not even going to battlecalc that" and have nightmares about 10000 capitol ships descending upon my homeworld.

Offline Chris Majeski

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2010, 05:59:55 AM »
but take note that profit has been quiet on the boards ....why ? guilt maybe? who knows , all I know is its a shame, I liked codename_b until all this bullshit

Offline Inferno

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2010, 06:12:16 AM »
Quote from: "Chris Majeski"
but take note that profit has been quiet on the boards ....why ? guilt maybe? who knows , all I know is its a shame, I liked codename_b until all this bullshit

Perhaps it is because everyone has told us to STFU until things are hashed out?

Perhaps you should take the same advice?

Check the leader boards. Look up every single member of PROFIT.  won't find any (s) notations.
Quote from: \"Satok\"
Quote from: \"Captain Commander\"
Your welcome General Sarcasm \";)\"
Hey Inferno, congrats on the promotion...

Offline RedParrot

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2010, 07:23:03 AM »
but then I am sure every alliance that gets too large has the same problem.

28 members is too large?
"Often wrong, but never in doubt."
Uni1 =  PigeonFrenzy     -  Exiled(retired)
Uni2 = Big Bird  -  Exiled
Uni2X = Codename Duchess - STING

Offline Chris Majeski

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2010, 07:34:45 AM »
Quote from: "Inferno"

Yes maybe but they don't even defend themselves or offer an explanation to their side?

Um no you stfu I'm allowed to state an opinion and question as i please a punk kid like you needs to look between the lines on what im saying everyone else has,

Check the leader boards. Look up every single member of PROFIT.  won't find any (s)
No shit dumbass, Im well aware of the boards, and its already been established on the boards
notations.

Offline Inferno

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2010, 07:56:54 AM »
Quote from: "Inferno"

Yes maybe but they don't even defend themselves or offer an explanation to their side?

Um no you stfu I'm allowed to state an opinion and question as i please a punk kid like you needs to look between the lines on what im saying everyone else has,

Check the leader boards. Look up every single member of PROFIT.  won't find any (s)
No shit dumbass, Im well aware of the boards, and its already been established on the boards
notations.

Explanations have been offered. Obviously they were too hard for you too read. We have been told by the community that explanations won't be accepted right now, because they only look like bravado and back stepping.
So, we shut out our mouths, as requested.
and now we have to deal with your bullshit of laying guilt for doing as asked?

Punk Kid? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Quote from: \"Satok\"
Quote from: \"Captain Commander\"
Your welcome General Sarcasm \";)\"
Hey Inferno, congrats on the promotion...

Offline Kimbahlicious

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2010, 09:02:35 AM »
Quote from: "Kimbahlicious"
Mona - I also applaud you for keeping quiet during all of this.  You've done the right thing.  It's out of your hands, just let BFG do what needs to be done on their end and you just keep smashing ships.

Maybe if you'd read just a few posts ahead of yours, you may have seen my post?  I mean really...do you know how hard it is to keep Mona quiet, like EVER?   ;)

If you'd read the global announcement threads, you would have seen many people begging them to stay quiet so they wouldn't look guilty because most of us suspected it wasn't all of Profit.  Ever hear the term "The guilty dog barks the loudest"?
Retired, not retired, retired, not retired....
No Prey, No Pay
  - Don Maitz

Offline Satok

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2010, 12:14:48 PM »
Guilty dog barks the loudest? I like that. And Majeski IS a guilty dog. I spank him all the time.
Satok de\'Tampa

Offline Bleys

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2010, 02:20:03 PM »
Quote from: "Master"
Bleys are you saying that you have known code longer than when you started sfc? or are you just stating that you met him and have been talking to him since around when x started?
I met him at the start of X as well.
Brute Force, if its not working, you\'re just not using enough.

Remember kids, fleetsaving wastes Hydro!

Offline Laggynate

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2010, 04:38:01 PM »
I spoke to Matt and the person they normally have work on this type of thing is tied up currently (hence the grace period). It might be up to a week before they can go back and review things. Until then this is just senseless speculation and a witch hunt.
If I have closed a thread that you feel shouldn\'t have been, feel free to send me a pm.
[size=50]As of 10/1/2010 I was able to build Prometheus for the first time[/size]