contact
April 24, 2019, 10:15:56 AM

Author Topic: Why was my alliance Deleted?  (Read 2931 times)

Offline Satok

• View Profile
Re: Why was my alliance Deleted?
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2010, 12:01:44 AM »
Quote from: "Evan Woodard"
Quote from: "Sid82"
And yeah, you can't change the definition of trolling to fit your desires, doesn't work that way.

Urban dictionary

Trolling:
Being a prick on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.

In other words, pretty much everything you say on these messageboards.

ummm...who was the "innocent by-stander"?
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
Satok de\'Tampa

Offline 2$Bill

• CONVERT TO ISLAM!!!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.suckitoklahoma.com/
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2010, 01:10:02 AM »
My favrite post of all:

troll la la la la la

EPIC
Inventor of the "Support Rulings Forum"
Survivor of a direct confrontation with the Google [bot]
Winner of an argument with myself!

Quote from: \"Admiral Firebringer\"
I hate you people

Offline poeticmotion

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2010, 01:13:18 AM »
Sid never stops and thinks: If every single person he comes in contact with calls him a troll and an idiot, should he refine his rhetorical technique?

I asked my magic 8 ball that question. The answer was yes.
Uni2-PoeticMotion[ODB] Peak rank 24 peak DSP rank 9 ***RETIRED FROM SFC***

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2010, 01:15:13 AM »
Quote from: "poeticmotion"
Sid never stops and thinks: If every single person he comes in contact with calls him a troll and an idiot, should he refine his rhetorical technique?

I love that your definition of every single person you meet is about 4 or 5 people out of hundreds if not thousands...very nice
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 01:18:47 AM by Sid82 »
Quote from: \"LHDR\"
Quote from: \"Sid82\"
-1 don\'t need a reason other than this is a stupid idea
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds."~Albert Einstein
doesn\'t work when idea IS stupid
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

Offline Evan Woodard

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2010, 01:15:55 AM »
And yeah, you can't change the definition of trolling to fit your desires, doesn't work that way.

Urban dictionary

Trolling:
Being a prick on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.

In other words, pretty much everything you say on these messageboards.

First, I have never been a prick because I could.

Second, I don't make cynical or sarcastic remarks on innocent by-standers, at least not very often. I think the only times I have is when I just get tired of seeing the same thing posted over and over again, such as the whole "give me a way to avoid the oracle" that gets posted at least once a month.

Now, take off your crap colored glasses(that you got from kissing poetic's butt) and go back and read most of my posts again and you will see that you are full of crap.

Lol, so, you're a prick for other reasons? I'd be glad to hear them. I'll admit you're pretty good with new people, but god, you just irritate me every time you post. As for kissing Poetic's ass... I think you might want to take a look at my posts. Cause I really never have anything to do with Poetic.
See you and your "magical" atlas on the battlefield

I\'m highly religious. I go to the Church of the Doom Beaver.

Offline poeticmotion

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2010, 01:18:57 AM »

I love that your definition of every single person you meet is about 4 or 5 people out of thousands...very nice

Let me clarify: On this particular message board. I've never seen anyone agree with you. If your persona is vastly different elsewhere, I never see it, but if there's anyone on this board who has a positive opinion of you as you present yourself here, it's news to me.

The only time I have any sympathy for you is when you're bickering with Vastet...because you're a troll and not smart, and he's a troll but smart enough to know better. I always root for the underdog.
Uni2-PoeticMotion[ODB] Peak rank 24 peak DSP rank 9 ***RETIRED FROM SFC***

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2010, 01:20:29 AM »
Lol, so, you're a prick for other reasons? I'd be glad to hear them. I'll admit you're pretty good with new people, but god, you just irritate me every time you post. As for kissing Poetic's ass... I think you might want to take a look at my posts. Cause I really never have anything to do with Poetic.

yep, if you're a prick to me, there is no reason for me to be nice to you...I'm nice to everyone until they do something to deserve me being a prick to them.  And yeah, in this thread you have been kissing his butt.
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds."~Albert Einstein
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

Offline Evan Woodard

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2010, 01:31:50 AM »

yep, if you're a prick to me, there is no reason for me to be nice to you...I'm nice to everyone until they do something to deserve me being a prick to them.  And yeah, in this thread you have been kissing his butt.

Let's see. I agreed with what he said... Then the rest I was just talking to you.

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2010, 01:35:52 AM »

Let's see. I agreed with what he said... Then the rest I was just talking to you.

Thats just it, you agreed with what he said when he intentionally flamed someone for no call. That, at least in my opinion is kissing someone's butt.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

Offline Evan Woodard

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2010, 01:37:16 AM »
For no call? I'm sorry, but you set yourself up for it. Your sig says that even third-graders know how to read. And I'm starting to think that that's your reading comprehension level.  :roll:

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2010, 01:42:05 AM »
For no call? I'm sorry, but you set yourself up for it. Your sig says that even third-graders know how to read. And I'm starting to think that that's your reading comprehension level.  :roll:

Once again, there was no problem with the reading of what he said.  When you make a comment like:
You should be banned for supporting political correctness over free speech. Just sayin'
it is implying that you believe there is free speech wherever you made the comment.  The fact that he made the comment on this forum implies that he thought there was free speech on this forum.  I simply reminded him that there isn't, and he decides to flame me...so yes, it was for no call.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

Offline Evan Woodard

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2010, 01:44:34 AM »

Once again, there was no problem with the reading of what he said.  When you make a comment like:
You should be banned for supporting political correctness over free speech. Just sayin'
it is implying that you believe there is free speech wherever you made the comment.  The fact that he made the comment on this forum implies that he thought there was free speech on this forum.  I simply reminded him that there isn't, and he decides to flame me...so yes, it was for no call.

Exactly. Third grade comprehension. That wasn't what he was saying. "Supporting political correctness over free speech." Key word: supporting.

He wasn't saying it existed everywhere, he was saying that the guy should support it everywhere.

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2010, 01:48:25 AM »

Exactly. Third grade comprehension. That wasn't what he was saying. "Supporting political correctness over free speech." Key word: supporting.

He wasn't saying it existed everywhere, he was saying that the guy should support it everywhere.

Have you ever heard that a sentence can have multiple meanings?  Seriously, you accuse me of having third grade comprehension and you can't even comprehend that?  I can just about guarantee you, that if you took that exact sentence to a literature professor at just about any college they would tell you that it very well can imply that you believe there is free speech on the forum you posted it on.  If you doubt me, go check it out for yourself.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

Offline Evan Woodard

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2010, 01:52:58 AM »
Have you ever heard that a sentence can have multiple meanings?  Seriously, you accuse me of having third grade comprehension and you can't even comprehend that?  I can just about guarantee you, that if you took that exact sentence to a literature professor at just about any college they would tell you that it very well can imply that you believe there is free speech on the forum you posted it on.  If you doubt me, go check it out for yourself.

That's funny... Can? Can have multiple meanings? Cause in your last post you said that, "It IS implying," That doesn't leave much wiggle room.

Anyway. I'm gonna hit the town. Later.

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2010, 01:54:26 AM »

That's funny... Can? Can have multiple meanings? Cause in your last post you said that, "It IS implying," That doesn't leave much wiggle room.

Anyway. I'm gonna hit the town. Later.

You do know the meaning of implying right? Just because something you say implies something does not mean that is how you meant it.  And a person can say one thing, mean something else, and imply something entirely different all in the same sentence.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493