contact
April 06, 2020, 05:21:15 AM

Author Topic: Why was my alliance Deleted?  (Read 3714 times)

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
Re: Why was my alliance Deleted?
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 03:49:23 PM »
Quote from: "poeticmotion"
Quote from: "Captain Fizgig"
You should be banned from the game for calling yourself Al Qaeda!  Not cool one bit!!!!

You should be banned for supporting political correctness over free speech. Just sayin'

while I do not agree with Captain Fizgigs response, you are forgetting, this is an internet forum, there is no free speech here
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
Quote from: \"LHDR\"
Quote from: \"Sid82\"
-1 don\'t need a reason other than this is a stupid idea
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds."~Albert Einstein
doesn\'t work when idea IS stupid
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

Offline 2$Bill

• CONVERT TO ISLAM!!!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.suckitoklahoma.com/
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2010, 04:30:16 PM »
While I would argue that yes there is nothing that states that Free Speech is allowed here, I believe it is in everyone's best intrests for the goal to be as close to that as possible as it promotes the free thought and communication between parties and allows people to (BFG) to learn from that trade of intellect.  While most of my posts are inappropriate (I'm trying to do better!), I feel that this is because I take things into the fantasy realm or am extremely graphic in my descriptions.  Calling one's alliance Al Qaeda, or telling people that I am on a jihad is based firmly in RL and thus is expossed to most people on a day to day basis.  There are bad people out there.  you cannot censor this.  You can only sensor content, for instance if I were to create a Battle report with a hyperlink to a beheading video.  That is the true place of the Moderator.  Not to modify the truth of things, but to ensure that the truth is given in an appropriate manner.
Inventor of the "Support Rulings Forum"
Survivor of a direct confrontation with the Google [bot]
Winner of an argument with myself!

Quote from: \"Admiral Firebringer\"
I hate you people

Offline poeticmotion

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2010, 10:05:05 PM »
Quote from: "Sid82"
You should be banned from the game for calling yourself Al Qaeda!  Not cool one bit!!!!

You should be banned for supporting political correctness over free speech. Just sayin'

while I do not agree with Captain Fizgigs response, you are forgetting, this is an internet forum, there is no free speech here

Sid, why do you continually fail to live up to the quote in your own signature? I never said there's free speech here. I said that Captain Fizgig supports political correctness over free speech.

Captain Fizgig got his panties in a wad because of an alliance name. While I don't agree with profanity/sexual references in a game accessible to kids, I disagree with him that someone should be banned from a game because of a reference to a terrorist group. That's idiot thinking.

You, Sid, state the obvious and STILL manage to misconstrue it.

Go troll Vastet and keep out of the big boy threads.
Uni2-PoeticMotion[ODB] Peak rank 24 peak DSP rank 9 ***RETIRED FROM SFC***

Offline 2$Bill

• CONVERT TO ISLAM!!!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.suckitoklahoma.com/
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2010, 10:08:13 PM »
May I just say that your liberal use of spacing and impecable spelling and grammer makes your posts easy to read.  Kinda makes my block of prefixes, suffixes and random thoughts a pain to read.

Sorry.  I feel a little ADHD today.
Inventor of the "Support Rulings Forum"
Survivor of a direct confrontation with the Google [bot]
Winner of an argument with myself!

Quote from: \"Admiral Firebringer\"
I hate you people

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2010, 10:23:37 PM »
Sid, why do you continually fail to live up to the quote in your own signature? I never said there's free speech here. I said that Captain Fizgig supports political correctness over free speech.

Captain Fizgig got his panties in a wad because of an alliance name. While I don't agree with profanity/sexual references in a game accessible to kids, I disagree with him that someone should be banned from a game because of a reference to a terrorist group. That's idiot thinking.

You, Sid, state the obvious and STILL manage to misconstrue it.

Go troll Vastet and keep out of the big boy threads.

First, calm down and stop crying like a baby because you posted about something that isn't available here and got called down on it.

Second, I didn't fail to read anything thank you. This was your exact post:
Now, while technically you didn't say that there is free speech here, it damn sure is an implication, so before you get pissed off over being called down on it, try posting in a way that doesn't imply things to every single person that reads it.

Third, I clearly said that I did not agree with his post in my post.

And Lastly, don't talk about trolling when your entire post is designed to do that exact thing, makes you look like a hypocrite.
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds."~Albert Einstein
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

Offline Evan Woodard

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2010, 10:27:10 PM »
First, calm down and stop crying like a baby because you posted about something that isn't available here and got called down on it.

Now, while technically you didn't say that there is free speech here, it damn sure is an implication, so before you get pissed off over being called down on it, try posting in a way that doesn't imply things to every single person that reads it.

And Lastly, don't talk about trolling when your entire post is designed to do that exact thing, makes you look like a hypocrite.

Sid... Okay, you're gonna need to do some higher level thinking here... But he wasn't implying free speech existed here. He was saying that the person, supported Political correctness over Free speech. Not necessarily on SFC forums, but in general. Because the guy was saying that 2$Bill should be banned for not being politically correct.
See you and your "magical" atlas on the battlefield

I\'m highly religious. I go to the Church of the Doom Beaver.

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2010, 10:28:25 PM »
Quote from: "Evan Woodard"

Sid... Okay, you're gonna need to do some higher level thinking here... But he wasn't implying free speech existed here. He was saying that the person, supported Political correctness over Free speech. Not necessarily on SFC forums, but in general. Because the guy was saying that 2$Bill should be banned for not being politically correct.

Evan, go away and stop being the lapdog here
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

Offline Evan Woodard

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2010, 10:32:11 PM »

Lol. Sid, did you think of that all by yourself? Did my pic help you? The only posts you've made on this thread have been trolling. Some of us like each other on this forum... But none really like you. Maybe you should go away?

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2010, 10:33:28 PM »

Lol. Sid, did you think of that all by yourself? Did my pic help you? The only posts you've made on this thread have been trolling. Some of us like each other on this forum... But none really like you. Maybe you should go away?
Maybe you should learn what trolling is and then read my posts in this topic again...up until I was trolled I had not trolled a single time. So yeah, try again
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

Offline Evan Woodard

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2010, 10:35:11 PM »

^^^^ Trollin' ^^^^

Mostly, because you were too stupid to realize what Poetic meant in context.

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2010, 10:36:49 PM »

^^^^ Trollin' ^^^^

Mostly, because you were too stupid to realize what Poetic meant in context.

Reminding someone of something in an attempt to prevent a flame war is not trolling, try again
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

Offline Grummm

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2010, 10:43:36 PM »
Interesting.  Who was about to start a flame war?  How about a new definition of trolling?  How about, talk to the OP about the subject of the thread, not to each other about how THEIR posts suck?  Cause to me, THAT's the ultimate trolling - calling out another troller.

Trolll-la-la-la-la

Now, back to the subject at hand.

Yes, 2$Bill he is eloquent, but you are too.  You've made some very valid points.  In the real world I live in, references to joining Nazi's or participating with Hitler in any way would be completely unacceptable.  But in several games, you can choose to be one army over another and for those based in WWII it includes a choice of being German, Japanese or one of the Allied armies.  So if I choose to "play" a side that didn't win the war, does that mean that I support gas chambers?  I would hope not.  Frankly, I don't play those games, so I'm not sure if there is a benefit or difference being one type of player over another.  When I was a kid I liked being an Indian over being a cowboy because I'd rather shoot a bow and arrow than a gun.  (Mother swore I was going to scalp someone eventually).

And no, we never called them "Native Americans".  And our toys had real projectiles.
[size=150]Grummm[/size][/color]
Chief Intelligence Officer [size=85]of[/size] The Corporation [/color]

[size=120]Greed is [/size][size=120] VERY [/size][size=120]Good. [/size]

la Madrina of Uni 2 and still not too old and feeble to kick YOUR ass!

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2010, 10:56:57 PM »
Quote from: "Grummm"
Interesting.  Who was about to start a flame war?  How about a new definition of trolling?  How about, talk to the OP about the subject of the thread, not to each other about how THEIR posts suck?  Cause to me, THAT's the ultimate trolling - calling out another troller.

Trolll-la-la-la-la

Now, back to the subject at hand.

Yes, 2$Bill he is eloquent, but you are too.  You've made some very valid points.  In the real world I live in, references to joining Nazi's or participating with Hitler in any way would be completely unacceptable.  But in several games, you can choose to be one army over another and for those based in WWII it includes a choice of being German, Japanese or one of the Allied armies.  So if I choose to "play" a side that didn't win the war, does that mean that I support gas chambers?  I would hope not.  Frankly, I don't play those games, so I'm not sure if there is a benefit or difference being one type of player over another.  When I was a kid I liked being an Indian over being a cowboy because I'd rather shoot a bow and arrow than a gun.  (Mother swore I was going to scalp someone eventually).

And no, we never called them "Native Americans".  And our toys had real projectiles.

who was about to start a flame war?  lets see.....

You should be banned from the game for calling yourself Al Qaeda! Not cool one bit!!!!

And I specifically said that I did not agree with Captain Fizgig's post when I posted my comment so there was really no call for poetic jumping in and trolling me.

Now, I will say that I do not think names of terrorist organizations should be allowed as alliance names in game, but not because of free speech. I just don't believe politics in any form(even as a joke) has any place in a video game.  That being said, I still don't agree with Captain Fizgig's post simply because there is no rule stating that names like that aren't allowed.

And yeah, you can't change the definition of trolling to fit your desires, doesn't work that way.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

Offline Evan Woodard

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2010, 11:30:57 PM »
And yeah, you can't change the definition of trolling to fit your desires, doesn't work that way.

Urban dictionary

Trolling:
Being a prick on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.

In other words, pretty much everything you say on these messageboards.

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2010, 11:34:26 PM »

Urban dictionary

Trolling:
Being a prick on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.

In other words, pretty much everything you say on these messageboards.

First, I have never been a prick because I could.

Second, I don't make cynical or sarcastic remarks on innocent by-standers, at least not very often. I think the only times I have is when I just get tired of seeing the same thing posted over and over again, such as the whole "give me a way to avoid the oracle" that gets posted at least once a month.

Now, take off your crap colored glasses(that you got from kissing poetic's butt) and go back and read most of my posts again and you will see that you are full of crap.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

birthmark-ant