contact
December 11, 2018, 02:34:35 AM

Author Topic: Heph question  (Read 1195 times)

Offline 2$Bill

• CONVERT TO ISLAM!!!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.suckitoklahoma.com/
Heph question
« on: November 29, 2010, 10:21:53 PM »
In the picture.  Is it facing forwards, or backwards?
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
Inventor of the "Support Rulings Forum"
Survivor of a direct confrontation with the Google [bot]
Winner of an argument with myself!

Quote from: \"Admiral Firebringer\"
I hate you people

Offline Bizmuth Helm

• View Profile
Re: Heph question
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 06:25:50 AM »
My guess is, as with the rest of the ships shown, a frontal view. Although ship orientation in space, at least with warp drive, is arbitrary. Upside down and backwards is just as valid an orientation as any other. I cant make out a warp field antenna anywhere. Rule of thumb...large bumps should be in the front.

Offline Aaria.moon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 07:01:07 AM »
It's sideways, are you that dumb?
HONEYBEE MALES: DURING COPULATION THEIR BODY EXPLODES APART LIKE GRENADE; GENITALIA HAS HOOKS AND SPINES AND IT WEDGES INTO FEMALE AND SEALS HER OPENING.

Offline SGS 6

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 07:29:52 AM »
Quote from: "Bizmuth Helm"
My guess is, as with the rest of the ships shown, a frontal view. Although ship orientation in space, at least with warp drive, is arbitrary. Upside down and backwards is just as valid an orientation as any other. I cant make out a warp field antenna anywhere. Rule of thumb...large bumps should be in the front.

Doesn't necessarily have one. This is, after all, not a licensed Star Trek game. The "Warp Drive" might be buried in the regular hull.

I personally think it's a frontal view because, since the thing is an attack platform, you'd expect the docking bay to be in the front. And it is visible in the picture.
Uni 1: retired, formerly Silver Gate Squadron
Uni 2: Sheridan Starkiller, Leader of the Shadows (Shadows)
http://http://wiki.playstarfleet.com/index.php/Shadows_(Shadows)

Offline poeticmotion

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 11:57:21 AM »
The domes on the sides are CLEARLY flux capacitor housings for the subatomic hyperslip drive. So it's upside down and facing to the left rear. DUH!
Uni2-PoeticMotion[ODB] Peak rank 24 peak DSP rank 9 ***RETIRED FROM SFC***

Offline Bizmuth Helm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 02:08:06 PM »
The decieving thing about the heph is its scale. The illustration on the ships page doesnt do it justice.(Those two red dots by the round part are athenas) This thread,  viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11031  , about another subject, has an excellent blowup of this ship providing more detail.

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 02:55:01 PM »
Quote from: "ali baba"
Whats always got me with the Heph is....if in a battle how do all the ships docked inside the Heph come out to defend.

Im thinking of it like this...

If i was the attacker i would have all my ships set out in a specific way.

Unlike the Heph Defender were he would not have the chance to deploy his ships to defend.

So that means for the 1st round the Heph would be pretty much easy to take out because he would have no ships out ready for the attack.

I know im reading far to much into this but if you do look at the Heph you cant see how the ships would be able to deploy for it in a hurry.

Like were do there Zeus come from! were do you store the OCH as well

what you are forgetting is that the defender gets plenty of warning when an attack is incoming so during that warning time the heph could be deploying the ships inside to defend
Quote from: \"LHDR\"
Quote from: \"Sid82\"
-1 don\'t need a reason other than this is a stupid idea
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds."~Albert Einstein
doesn\'t work when idea IS stupid
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 03:21:20 PM »
Maybe the size, shape, and speed limit are all dictated by the transdimensional cargo hold.  And why can it not hold an infinite amount of res?  For the same reason you can't take res through warp gates (whatever that is).  That is to say, it's really a kind of mobile warp gate, hooked to another dimension rather than to other warp gates.

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
Re: defence positionRe: Heph question
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 03:47:53 PM »
Quote from: "ali baba"
Why would the Heph Deploy the ships inside it would be deploying them out side and into a defense position.

And then there is the case of were are all ships being stored and how are they being stored..?
ok, let me rephrase, it would be deploying the ships that were inside it, outside to defend(since you want to nitpick)

as for where they are being stored...maybe it is like a warpgate inside that transfers them to an alternate dimension until needed...there are many things about this game that are unrealistic, but we are playing a game that lets you travel between galaxies in hours...so why gripe about where something is stored?
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds."~Albert Einstein
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

Offline 2$Bill

• CONVERT TO ISLAM!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 04:37:06 PM »
Quote from: "Sid82"
...there are many things about this game that are unrealistic, but we are playing a game that lets you travel between galaxies in hours...so why gripe about where something is stored?

That's reletivistic hours on board.  By my calculations, these ships travel at roughly c-10^-7 where c is the speed of light.  This excludes probes of coarse.  As they are powered by a planets collected fart gas which as everyone knows, operates outside the universes normal laws of physics.

I hate you people

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 04:38:31 PM »
Quote from: "2$Bill"
...there are many things about this game that are unrealistic, but we are playing a game that lets you travel between galaxies in hours...so why gripe about where something is stored?

That's reletivistic hours on board.  By my calculations, these ships travel at roughly c-10^-7 where c is the speed of light.  This excludes probes of coarse.  As they are powered by a planets collected fart gas which as everyone knows, operates outside the universes normal laws of physics.

gotta say, one of the first posts you have made that actually made me laugh
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

Offline 2$Bill

• CONVERT TO ISLAM!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2010, 04:39:47 PM »
it was farts wasn't it?  

Everyone laughs at farts.

I hate you people

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2010, 04:40:56 PM »
think it was the combination of farts, and the serious way in which it was represented...kinda like tommy lee jones character in men in black
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

Offline Aaria.moon

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 04:41:43 PM »
as for where they are being stored...maybe it is like a warpgate inside that transfers them to an alternate dimension until needed...there are many things about this game that are unrealistic, but we are playing a game that lets you travel between galaxies in hours...so why gripe about where something is stored?

This might explain why all ships deployed to the heph go POOF when the heph is destroyed.
HONEYBEE MALES: DURING COPULATION THEIR BODY EXPLODES APART LIKE GRENADE; GENITALIA HAS HOOKS AND SPINES AND IT WEDGES INTO FEMALE AND SEALS HER OPENING.

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 04:42:57 PM »
Quote from: "Aaria.moon"

This might explain why all ships deployed to the heph go POOF when the heph is destroyed.

I'm not afraid to admit, I played D&D when I was younger...and I think of it as a bag of holding lol
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493