contact
September 16, 2019, 06:47:22 AM

Author Topic: BFG strikes out again!  (Read 3695 times)

Offline Tarak

• View Profile
Re: BFG strikes out again!
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2011, 09:45:03 PM »
OK, curiosity finally got the best of me.
I just got someone with 3 levels below me in ESP tech to probe my heph with 9 probes.
I cloaked all of my ships except 1k probes, 6 hercs & 6 atlasses that I left on board.
Battle calc says 0-1 probe may be lost at MOST in battle and I ate all 9 without even having enough firepower to kill one effectively in battle after 6 rounds unless one probe got targeted by chance more often than the rest..
Almost a near perfect bug fix, except now you can just leave a lot of probes and/or cargo ships on a heph or planet with no defenses and as long as your ESP level is high enough you can still eat probes all day long without needing to actually be able to destroy them. I'm not complaining, just making an observation about the altered mechanics effect in a specific situation.  It looks like now when probes are intercepted they are programmed to self destruct in orbit to avoid being captured and tortured into revealing more tactical information about the sender.  :P
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
~ I suggest a new strategy R2, let the Wookie win. ~

Offline Darth Wader

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2011, 10:02:53 PM »
I think I can honestly say Tarak, that everyone else has now lost interest & moved on... maybe its time to stop flogging a dead horse?
"It is not enough to be the best; Others must fall"

Offline the enforcer

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2011, 10:28:08 PM »
Quote from: "Tarak"
OK, curiosity finally got the best of me.
I just got someone with 3 levels below me in ESP tech to probe my heph with 9 probes.
I cloaked all of my ships except 1k probes, 6 hercs & 6 atlasses that I left on board.
Battle calc says 0-1 probe may be lost at MOST in battle and I ate all 9 without even having enough firepower to kill one effectively in battle after 6 rounds unless one probe got targeted by chance more often than the rest..
Almost a near perfect bug fix, except now you can just leave a lot of probes and/or cargo ships on a heph or planet with no defenses and as long as your ESP level is high enough you can still eat probes all day long without needing to actually be able to destroy them. I'm not complaining, just making an observation about the altered mechanics effect in a specific situation.  It looks like now when probes are intercepted they are programmed to self destruct in orbit to avoid being captured and tortured into revealing more tactical information about the sender.  :P

Hercules_class_cargo x3,000
attack power 36,000

more than enough to kill some probes.

andy nard1

« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2011, 12:20:06 PM »
Tarak please stop.
BFG has fixed a major problem which caused several people losing fleets and instead of thanking them, you keep looking for situation that are of no interest. I am willing to lose even 100 probes as you tested...if means that I will not get a white screen when my heph is probed. Look at the bigger picture, and if you miss those few K of crystal, I will make sure I will transport those to you on daily basis.

Offline ASM

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2011, 02:02:08 PM »
Quote from: "Darth Wader"
I think I can honestly say Tarak, that everyone else has now lost interest & moved on... maybe its time to stop flogging a dead horse?

beat the horse!  BEAT THE HORSE!!! wait what?

Offline Darth Wader

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2011, 11:39:07 PM »
Quote from: "ASM"
Quote from: "Darth Wader"

beat the horse!  BEAT THE HORSE!!! wait what?

English mate, you might want to try it  :lol:
"It is not enough to be the best; Others must fall"

Offline 801Disaster

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2011, 07:26:26 AM »
Here's what I want to know:

Why did they remove the text telling you the "% chance of interception". When I had lower ESP, I used to reverse calculate the number of ships targets had on their planet based on that number. I don't see why they needed to remove it...

andy nard1

« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2011, 01:17:05 PM »
Quote from: "801Disaster"
Here's what I want to know:

Why did they remove the text telling you the "% chance of interception". When I had lower ESP, I used to reverse calculate the number of ships targets had on their planet based on that number. I don't see why they needed to remove it...

Has  not been removed, it is still there...every probe reports show the %

Offline 801Disaster

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2011, 10:46:07 PM »
Ok, my mistake, the percentage is still reflected in the espionage report. The missing item is the battle report which people already noted.

Offline Kip Shiller

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2011, 01:08:56 PM »
i love not getting white screened from probes. once the DF appeared again i was a happy camper. good work bfg for this one

birthmark-ant