contact
December 06, 2019, 09:22:36 PM

Author Topic: Are these farming multi account?  (Read 6793 times)

Offline kriss515

• View Profile
Re: Are these farming multi account?
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2011, 01:41:30 AM »
Perhaps we need "player police" A a new alliance that collects info on suspected cheaters and targets them exclusively.
Lol.
Bley I didn't mean that I want cheaters to get away with cheating.
But I also know that the witch hunters are in their own way cheaters.
Using glitches in the game to get ahead.
To me the multi-accounting is another glitch.
The fact is that it's okay with them if you use the specific glitches inherent in the game vs a blatant rule break.
When in reality they are both cheating and should be suspended.
But no they won't just the peeps with the flashlight on them.
So like I said does it matter?
The "police" are doing it too just in a different way.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Aaria.moon

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2011, 02:31:00 AM »
glitch abuse?
HONEYBEE MALES: DURING COPULATION THEIR BODY EXPLODES APART LIKE GRENADE; GENITALIA HAS HOOKS AND SPINES AND IT WEDGES INTO FEMALE AND SEALS HER OPENING.

Offline kepone factory

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2011, 03:18:06 AM »
He's a communist miner.
Likes to share with his fellow comrades. :lol:

andy nard1

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2011, 05:56:19 AM »
Tet(s) was not suspended by either me or other that filed a ticket. He was suspended by BFG after investigating the matter. Period!

There is no player police or witch hunting, just a player that has reported something he found weird, actions has been taken by BFG!
I do not mind to be reported (already happen in the past), if that helps to clear the doubts of other players.
However for tet(s) to come here to try to justify his actions...well...it is pathetic...
Teaching them what? How to play without developing any tech? Teaching them how to play to built mines up the level that does not require a Foundry? Pathetic excuse...why those two players did not join your alliance, you could have helped them better...
You have not been punished for multi accounting for one very simple reason, because BFG did not find evidence that those accounts where played from the same IP.
IMHO opinion you should be perm ban from all BFG games...I am personally tired of your continuous cheating. BFG should perm ban your IP address...

Offline Rohi

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2011, 08:57:34 AM »
As some of us who played in SFCX know Tets was accused of multi cheating on numerous occasions and he got suspended more than once and then finally he got suspended for ever based on a post he made in an off BFG forum.

I am NOT here to judge Tets at all nor am I here to defend him as I do NOT know him at all and I have only come across him ONCE in-game BUT what I do think is that this highlights once again BFGs inability to close loopholes and exploits and I am as convinced that there is a lot more cheating going on than is being reported.

Be it right or wrong: I have observed the following:

Players setting up multi accounts to get crew points and then  abandoning all accounts bar the one they want to play. This is absolutely rife in the game especially in the starting phase and has been observed far more in SFCO2 and SFCX2 as  by the time those universes were created many players were aware of how to do this.

The OBVIOUS answer is NOT to have crew points influence ones rank in-game.

Once a player finds that he/she is able to 'get away' by doing something like this I feel that they then move onto other more insidious forms of 'cheating' or ways of 'breaking' the game. The way some players have been developing fleet defies belief and though one is loathe to accuse players of cheating when one knows that BFG seemingly unable to catch the cheaters and give confidence to those that don't cheat that their game is cheat-proof one feels cheated more by BFG than by those that are cheating. I well remember when Boris (Alden) and his lot got caught 'cheating' when they famously exploited that glitch and I well remember those who defended Boris saying Boris did no wrong and that the problem lay firmly at BFG's door. I do beg to differ from those that defended Boris but I also think that BFG should be able to convince others that their game is cheat proof.

So I will refrain from accusing Tets as I just can't be sure and I also think that it was not correct to have perma banned him from SFCX so I think BFG should err in his favor unless they have concrete proof and Jason's post (as posted here by Andy in this thread) is by no means conclusive that Tets cheated.

What I would like is for BFG to get systems in place so cheating does NOT happen in the first place.

Lytjohan

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2011, 12:09:44 PM »
Quote from: "Rohi"
As some of us who played in SFCX know Tets was accused of multi cheating on numerous occasions and he got suspended more than once and then finally he got suspended for ever based on a post he made in an off BFG forum.

I am NOT here to judge Tets at all nor am I here to defend him as I do NOT know him at all and I have only come across him ONCE in-game BUT what I do think is that this highlights once again BFGs inability to close loopholes and exploits and I am as convinced that there is a lot more cheating going on than is being reported.

Be it right or wrong: I have observed the following:

Players setting up multi accounts to get crew points and then  abandoning all accounts bar the one they want to play. This is absolutely rife in the game especially in the starting phase and has been observed far more in SFCO2 and SFCX2 as  by the time those universes were created many players were aware of how to do this.

The OBVIOUS answer is NOT to have crew points influence ones rank in-game.

Once a player finds that he/she is able to 'get away' by doing something like this I feel that they then move onto other more insidious forms of 'cheating' or ways of 'breaking' the game. The way some players have been developing fleet defies belief and though one is loathe to accuse players of cheating when one knows that BFG seemingly unable to catch the cheaters and give confidence to those that don't cheat that their game is cheat-proof one feels cheated more by BFG than by those that are cheating. I well remember when Boris (Alden) and his lot got caught 'cheating' when they famously exploited that glitch and I well remember those who defended Boris saying Boris did no wrong and that the problem lay firmly at BFG's door. I do beg to differ from those that defended Boris but I also think that BFG should be able to convince others that their game is cheat proof.

So I will refrain from accusing Tets as I just can't be sure and I also think that it was not correct to have perma banned him from SFCX so I think BFG should err in his favor unless they have concrete proof and Jason's post (as posted here by Andy in this thread) is by no means conclusive that Tets cheated.

What I would like is for BFG to get systems in place so cheating does NOT happen in the first place.

fact is - its not cheat proof - cant become cheat proof without breaking game features.
people should just play the game as is - instead of abusing it by cheating.

iam happy that atleast in these instances - we get bfg to react.

andy nard1

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2011, 01:55:20 PM »
I really do wonder.....based on some posts that we are allowed toncheat just because BFG can or cannot catch us cheating...
Any such statement is a evidence that such player will cheat...on the basis that I can cheat till I am someone catches me....or...I can break the law till the police arrest me.
These are not the principles that we should follow...
This is a game..why to cheat? Because bfg cannot enforce rules that we all know are difficult to monitor? Blame bfg because they are not catching all the cheaters? Bullshit!
Don the same in real life...speed or drink drive and boast that you can do that only because the police cannot catch you,,,,where are our society values? Where are our principles? Where is our honour? We cheat because there is enforcement?
Give me a break...personally I will never do so...
Let's prove that we can play this game without anybody policing it...

Offline Kuhn

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2011, 08:04:38 PM »
Quote from: "andy nard1"
Could be as simple as them being friends in real life, or from another uni. As for all of the planets being named colony, I have 5 planets in original named colony and 3 in extreme named colony, simply because I get bored with naming them and they don't really have to be named.

Right...however one colony of each player has a DF...

What's a DF? I know it's a lame question, but I'm not too smart with acronyms.

Offline Big S

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2011, 08:30:19 PM »
Quote from: "andy nard1"
Because bfg cannot enforce rules that we all know are difficult to monitor? Blame bfg because they are not catching all the cheaters? Bullshit!
Andy, I agree with a great deal of what you are saying. However, I do blame BFG, at least partially. Yes, cheating is 100% the responsibility of the cheater. You can't blame BFG for the individual action of cheating. But you can blame them for not recognizing that people WILL cheat and making it more difficult to do so.

Using your police analogy...it's like saying that it's not the police's fault that crime gets out of control if they hang out at the donut shop all day long. Having a police force is recognition that people, for good or bad, have it in their nature to break the rules when they feel it benefits them. There's no one here that can say they haven't sped (probably for a "good reason"), or broken some rule or another when they felt their needs were more important than the rules they broke. If you recognize that people (as a whole) are going to do what they want to do, break rules, etc. then you must have police to keep it in check. I do blame BFG for not being more proactive about keeping it in check. I've produced a number of ideas on how to break scripts, and make it more difficult to cheat in other ways. Things that aren't hard. BFG can and should make things tighter for the benefit of all.

Funny thing is, I dislike cheating for personal reasons more than "for the good of all" reasons. I suppose people justify cheating at a game because "it's just a game, who really cares", and it probably is amusing to themselves. I see it the opposite. A strategy game is a battle of wits. The game's rules set the parameters in which the world of the game exists, and those are constants, like the law of gravity is to us. And I get no self satisfaction out of beating someone by working outside the rules. Why else do people play strategy games? I thought, mistakenly so for some people I suppose, that the purpose of playing to win was for the satisfaction of winning that contest of wits and will. Aside from playing for fun of course. I get no personal satisfaction if I know I had to break the rules to get the "w". Maybe it's self honesty that prevents me from enjoying such a hollow victory. I dunno, maybe some others don't have the same pride, or awareness of self motivations. But this is all an aside, because regardless of reason, people will cheat. And I find it even more satisfying when I beat someone who is cheating, by playing within the rules myself.
Quote from: \"Evan Woodard\"
I\'m pretty sure that\'s just D-baggery.

Offline Phil Sutherland

• View Profile
    • http://www.example.com/
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2011, 09:22:43 PM »
Who says Tets will be unsuspected? And I would like to add that his alliance name a few days ago was "Im a Noob farmer"
[/b] [/b][/b] [/b] [size=150]#26

Offline Aaria.moon

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2011, 09:25:55 PM »
Quote from: "Phil Sutherland"
Who says Tets will be unsuspected? And I would like to add that his alliance name a few days ago was "Im a Noob farmer"

lol +1

I remember that, now it makes it more sinister.
HONEYBEE MALES: DURING COPULATION THEIR BODY EXPLODES APART LIKE GRENADE; GENITALIA HAS HOOKS AND SPINES AND IT WEDGES INTO FEMALE AND SEALS HER OPENING.

Offline Bleys

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2011, 10:56:39 PM »
I have been saying that a lack of consistent cheat-catching would hurt the integrity of this game to the point some people wont play it because of what they feel is excessive cheating. I also think the problem is massive, and while I dont like it, I cant fix it.

I also blame BFG, but only to a certain degree. Its difficult to sort this much code to find cheaters. Takes man hours, mostly, I think, and time is money. I think a volunteer group of GOs would benefit this game a TON. I might even offer to be one in U2 or something. My motives are pure, I have many friends playing this game and I want them to get the same level of enjoyment that I got from my years of OG without having to move to another game. If this one doesnt tighten up some of the more glaring deficiencies, its going to continue to dwindle.
Brute Force, if its not working, you\'re just not using enough.

Remember kids, fleetsaving wastes Hydro!

thegreenmonkey

« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2011, 01:46:39 AM »
Quote from: "Bleys"
I have been saying that a lack of consistent cheat-catching would hurt the integrity of this game to the point some people wont play it because of what they feel is excessive cheating. I also think the problem is massive, and while I dont like it, I cant fix it.

I also blame BFG, but only to a certain degree. Its difficult to sort this much code to find cheaters. Takes man hours, mostly, I think, and time is money. I think a volunteer group of GOs would benefit this game a TON. I might even offer to be one in U2 or something. My motives are pure, I have many friends playing this game and I want them to get the same level of enjoyment that I got from my years of OG without having to move to another game. If this one doesnt tighten up some of the more glaring deficiencies, its going to continue to dwindle.

Sounds good Bleys.
How you thinking of catching these dam cheats.

Offline Phil Sutherland

• View Profile
    • http://www.example.com/
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2011, 01:47:28 AM »
I strongly doubt Tets is coming back.
[/b] [/b][/b] [/b] [size=150]#26

Offline Bleys

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2011, 02:39:27 AM »
Quote from: "thegreenmonkey"
Sounds good Bleys.
How you thinking of catching these dam cheats.
OG has a system, probably some search algorithm combined with players who spend hours tracking down flags. I dont know the details, I am not a GO, but I can ask one to come here and post their method. Its worked reasonably well over the years.
Brute Force, if its not working, you\'re just not using enough.

Remember kids, fleetsaving wastes Hydro!

birthmark-ant