contact
September 18, 2018, 07:41:50 PM

Author Topic: How to get a full house of human crew  (Read 4495 times)

Offline Phil Sutherland

• View Profile
    • http://www.example.com/
How to get a full house of human crew
« on: March 03, 2011, 11:21:59 PM »
For around 20-30$ you can get over 300 crew members. They would normally cost 10 times that to by them with credits.
This is the way a lot of high ranked players have been getting all human crew which greatly increase your mine output vs. normal crew.
  • Go on facebook, then look at the ads on the right and click on "create your own"
  • Copy your Facebook referral link from the crew members page.
  • Set the max at 5$ a day.
  • At the recommended pay per click, they'll cost 10 cents per click
  • Create catch phrase message. It doesn't even have to be completely true.

Note:You will not get a crew member every single click. If the person has a ready clicked on a SFC add you won't get the crew member

After a 2 weeks of my friends using this, the player count has gone from 6k and dropping in extreme 2 to almost 8k and rising.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 03:04:52 PM by Phil Sutherland »
[/b] [/b][/b] [/b] [size=150]#26

Offline Iron Lynx

• View Profile
Re: How to get a full house of human crew
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 11:59:43 PM »
Got to give Kudos to this idea. Not only helps you out but helps the game long term. Even if only 1 in 100 of those 2k players that joined stay  you have added something of value to the whole game. But it does bag the question why the hell isn't BFG doing this.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
The Meek Shall Be Recyled

Offline Phil Sutherland

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 12:02:51 AM »
Because they don't care... Ya you bring in tons of players plus get the crew. More targets more resources, higher mine bonuses, etc.

Its not my idea originally though. Not sure who's it is.

Offline Zov

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 05:54:52 PM »
The ads are auctioned, so you aren't likely to get many impressions in nations that have higher priced ads targeted at their population (USA, etc). I would recommend targeting more less developed nations at that price per click. Granted the quality of players you will get will probably be less...

Offline Axion

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 01:11:59 AM »
OMG! IRELAND IS ON THAT LIST!
SCORE ONE FOR US!

I'll shut up now :L

Offline Riker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 01:33:38 AM »
how long does it take for people to start seeing your ad's?

Offline Aaria.moon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 02:12:24 AM »
The day they confirm it. I was told about this three weeks ago and got a full crew for about a week now. Cost me 24.32 canadian. I had different ads though with different costs. I was getting 3 bad clicks for every good one that brought in a crew member.
HONEYBEE MALES: DURING COPULATION THEIR BODY EXPLODES APART LIKE GRENADE; GENITALIA HAS HOOKS AND SPINES AND IT WEDGES INTO FEMALE AND SEALS HER OPENING.

Offline Techno

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 03:08:34 AM »
I think this is much more in the spirit of the game than creating fake email addresses.  At least there is a prospect an invitee will actually add to the sum total of the game more than a single atlas.

I have no humans. And for $20 or the cost of a handful of androids, this must have been a great way at the start to get ahead.  I suppose even with higher mines now it would be worth it with the incremental increase?

Offline Phil Sutherland

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 04:50:47 AM »
Quote from: "Techno"
I think this is much more in the spirit of the game than creating fake email addresses.  At least there is a prospect an invitee will actually add to the sum total of the game more than a single atlas.

I have no humans. And for $20 or the cost of a handful of androids, this must have been a great way at the start to get ahead.  I suppose even with higher mines now it would be worth it with the incremental increase?
It would be worth it even more.

Offline Aaria.moon

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 05:04:51 AM »
yeah, I started after nearly 2 months of the game going before I had more than 19 crew. I've got like 300 worker droids doing nothing now :)

Jumped nearly 20% production so it really really helps with the x-2 mines.
HONEYBEE MALES: DURING COPULATION THEIR BODY EXPLODES APART LIKE GRENADE; GENITALIA HAS HOOKS AND SPINES AND IT WEDGES INTO FEMALE AND SEALS HER OPENING.

Offline Aaria.moon

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 02:39:47 AM »
Big thing to notice, and Phil should be updating his post about it. Make sure you are using the facebook link, and not the direct access link.

Offline Bad Yoda

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 12:12:38 PM »
So THIS is how its done! Wow, I put my Ad up last night and it got approved this morning. But I started with .01 and they only showed the Ad 7 times! HAHA! Obviously, no new crew members at that point. So, I increased the Bid to .10 with a max of 5.00 a day. I'm not kidding. Within 10minutes of me doing that, I got 3 New Crew and they then showed the Ad over 20,000 times Worldwide. I have a SUPER catchy slogan, so I think I should have 500 new crew in no time! Thanks guys! You all ROCK! -JT
"I was once GOOD but now I\'m BAD..."

Offline Bad Yoda

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 05:28:48 PM »
Just wanted to Post a 24hour follow-up in case anyone wants to try this. After 30hours, I have roughly 40-45 new Human Crew! Again, I started with 5.00max per day and tried tweeking the CPC, (Cost Per Click) from .01 to .10 Unfortunately, .10 is giving me the best results. Which means I'm burning through that 5.00max a day ceiling I sent b/c there seems to be some type of "false-positive" situation that exists, whereby, even if they click the Ad (which in theory would = +1 Human Crew) there is no corresponding new Human crew member, which in the end, results in me being charged anyway.

So, this morning, I tried changing the method to CPM (Cost Per Impression per 1000) -this didn't work AT ALL and I only gained 1 additional Human Crew via that method + my 5.00max was getting burned up a lot faster. SO, I've just switched back to CPC at .10 and its back to working well. Unfortunately that means I'm going to be paying a lot more than Aaron did for his 300 (at 24.00 total?) But I just need around 200 total to man all of my mines. So, we'll see....(to be cont)

Offline Aaria.moon

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 05:33:25 PM »
Yeah 300 crew at 24.18 at mostly 1 cent per click. So about 1 in 8 people who clicked actually became crew. I used 4 different campaigns with 2 different ads in each, with every ad having a similar number of impressions and clicks. I continued with cpc as I could see that I was getting about 1 click per 1k or more impressions. I did experiment like you though, during the day I would have clicks set at 10 cents but I wasn't getting any extra clicks, just more impressions, then I'd turn it down at night, and I would get 20-40 crew joining.

Offline Bad Yoda

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2011, 06:17:47 PM »
Hmm, yeah that's a good idea with having multiple Ads. Think I might try that next. I've been getting a lot of my Clicks from Indonesia overnight it seems... (the names look Indonesian) and some of them are little kids! So basically I'm going to be guilty of the Child Labor laws soon because I'm having them slave away in my Mines!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:   :twisted:  

Might try that multiple Ad trick next. 10cents a Crew member (if that) is getting expensive and my Wife is getting even more pissed off b/c I'm spending MORE money on this game!  :shock:  -JT