contact
August 13, 2020, 01:54:35 PM

Author Topic: Solar/NPP on spy reports  (Read 690 times)

Offline wishmaster3

• View Profile
Solar/NPP on spy reports
« on: June 06, 2011, 08:55:11 PM »
Does anybody knows why they are the only buildings that aren't shown in the espionage reports? Is there a reason or were they just forgotten?

I think they should be shown, by the way.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
The [size=120]Exiled[/size] sith pirate.
Darth Brunus - Exiled Uni2 Captain - Retired all unis.

Morat

Re: Solar/NPP on spy reports
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 09:34:56 PM »
Nah, adds a bit of unpredictability.

Offline Victor Doom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 11:28:42 PM »
:twisted: nahh... not sure why it was deemed necessary to hide you're energy configuration, but since they have, I am glad they did... doesn't hurt to have SOME information be guess work...
"Meeting me might have been the most devastating and traumatic focal point of your entire life... For me... It was Tuesday..."

Offline commander geiger

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 04:41:15 PM »
But they do show the # of Helios.

I understand that they are a sat/ship, but with a little math and guesswork you can figure out their output to some degree. then you have an idea of their energy consumption.

you can also extrapoliate the energy consupmtion based on their mine levels. we all know what we use for energy on our on planets. solar arrays put out more energy the closer they are to a sun. that is why they are called "solar arrays". so if your target is in a 3 slot and has x number of helios then you should be able to come close to knowing their energy consumption.

as far as nukes go they use hydrogen to make energy. so if the target is in a a lower slot then you know that their NPP are producing higher energy amounts than say one in a 3 slot.

of course i could be wrong in my assumptions, but it makes sense to me.

Offline Victor Doom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 04:45:39 PM »
Quote from: "commander geiger"
But they do show the # of Helios.

I understand that they are a sat/ship, but with a little math and guesswork you can figure out their output to some degree. then you have an idea of their energy consumption.

you can also extrapoliate the energy consupmtion based on their mine levels. we all know what we use for energy on our on planets. solar arrays put out more energy the closer they are to a sun. that is why they are called "solar arrays". so if your target is in a 3 slot and has x number of helios then you should be able to come close to knowing their energy consumption.

as far as nukes go they use hydrogen to make energy. so if the target is in a a lower slot then you know that their NPP are producing higher energy amounts than say one in a 3 slot.

:twisted: Only one thing wrong with that equation.. Solar arrays put out the same amount of energy regardless of position in solar system.. helios now.. those are variable depending on where they are in the solar system..
"Meeting me might have been the most devastating and traumatic focal point of your entire life... For me... It was Tuesday..."

Offline commander geiger

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 04:50:32 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up for me Victor. i wasn't quiet sure if solar arrays varied the way helios do.

Offline INAPPROPRIATE

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 10:37:55 PM »
Are you sure solar arrays are effected by distance from the sun? I thought it was only Solar Sats.

I've got 2 planets in the same solar system one on 12 and one in 13 both at level 25 solar array both have the same energy out put... I guess it could be the same because they are close to each other but I haven't noticed a difference yet.

Morat

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011, 12:33:34 AM »
Quote from: "INAPPROPRIATE"
Are you sure solar arrays are effected by distance from the sun? I thought it was only Solar Sats.

I've got 2 planets in the same solar system one on 12 and one in 13 both at level 25 solar array both have the same energy out put... I guess it could be the same because they are close to each other but I haven't noticed a difference yet.

Quote from: "Victor Doom"
:twisted: Only one thing wrong with that equation.. Solar arrays put out the same amount of energy regardless of position in solar system.. helios now.. those are variable depending on where they are in the solar system..

Offline Tal-Khoraash

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2011, 05:42:38 AM »
Quote from: "commander geiger"

I am sorry, but that assumption about NPPs is wrong also. While a lower slot planet DOES produce more hydrogen, NPP Energy Generation is governed by two things: your Energy Tech level (higher level = more energy from the NPP) and the level of your NPP (higher level = more power but uses more hydrogen).

NPPs consume hydrogen, that is true, but unless you have an absurdly low level Hydrogen Synthesizer that never gets upgraded, the NPP will run at the energy generating % you set it to with hydro to spare and be fine.
'Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed.'
Sun Tzu - Art of War

9 straight years of playing in Original with no break, fin!

Former First Rigellian of SFCO RgC
Rigellian Compact (RgC)

birthmark-ant