contact
April 19, 2019, 06:57:41 PM

Author Topic: A Legitimate way to get DSP and RSP  (Read 13625 times)

andy nard1

A Legitimate way to get DSP and RSP
« on: June 28, 2011, 11:00:13 AM »
Yesterday I was scouting the galaxy looking for some targets and found two hephs sitting side by side on the same system.
Phil heph and the former tet(s) account heph. The latest is dark, as well as all planets. I found it strange and I have a closer look.

This is the galaxy screen with one active heph (Phil) and the other dark heph, as you can notice does not belong to any alliance.

[attachment=2:8y9o6f8r]000 before.png[/attachment:8y9o6f8r]

I am back again heph has this fleet loaded.

[attachment=1:8y9o6f8r]000 target heph before.png[/attachment:8y9o6f8r]

As you might notice the zeus are missing...I wonder what happen to all those Zeus...

I keep watching the galaxy every 15 minutes and suddenly I notice that the heph becomes active, and changes alliance name 2 times.
I think oh well the player is online, no hit for Phil.
After a while I look again and I see this

[attachment=0:8y9o6f8r]000 after.png[/attachment:8y9o6f8r]

As you can see there are changes of colors (RSP) and ranks of the two players.

to be continued
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

andy nard1

Re: A Legitimate way to get DSP and RSP
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 11:06:12 AM »
continued

I probe again the heph...the fleet is gone...

[attachment=2:1s9uw225]000 target heph after.png[/attachment:1s9uw225]

Hmm...Phil must have made the hit...how if the player was online just a while ago an no DF...that must have be at least 1 billion DF

I probe Phil planet and the moon next system

[attachment=1:1s9uw225]000 planet.png[/attachment:1s9uw225]

A lot of res...but a nit fleet, not a fleet that has made a battle a few minutes earlier

[attachment=0:1s9uw225]000 moon.png[/attachment:1s9uw225]

Oh...I found the missing Zeus...
I am back again crashed is fleet on his own Zeus on the Phil Moon...

Well based on the game rules this is allowed, I am back again RSP at this stage is higher than any of the defenders (look how many are there)...We can discuss about if is ethical, but it is within the rules.
So I seek clarification from Phil and he sends me this

We didn't hit him, he crashed into us in waves.
hes old friend of a few members of the alliance from the original universe. He bought tets account, felt totally ripped off since kip sold 3 days later for cheaper. he found extreme way to fast so he tried to sell and wouldn't settle with anything under 500. Fortunately for us nobody offered more than 300 I think so he made a big boom instead.

Which confirms what I was suspecting. I just found strange that a player wastes money in this way...but being not my money I do not care much.

Lytjohan_

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 11:11:43 AM »
Very mature andy....

as commented before - once already:

What a piece of ****

PN - Phil - so called pillars of the community ... DSP w***** and whatnot ... this is just sad to look at.

while i think what AA did yesterday was worse - this is pretty close to picking up the cake...

pn - didnt think you were up for free dsp - guess iam wrong there eh - principles come and go...
phil - well, phil will come with some funky excuse - "i did a mistake - but iam all better now ... sorta thing..."
adonai??? reaaally - again???...

pfft - shameful :)

andy nard1

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 11:14:12 AM »
Finally I get a moon to oracle that poor heph sitting still there

Planet Activity
Planet Colony ast scan 05:18 PM on Jun 27, 2011 UTC
Type Origin Destination

04:41:16 22:12:21

Attack Colony [] Food []
Zeus_classx76
<<
15:15:06 08:46:11

Return Food [] Colony []

Now he is crashing his Zeus on Phil moon...(trust me since I cannot post the coordinates). This scan was taken about one hour in flight.
I check the RSP leader board and found that PN and Phil now are higher than I am back again
[attachment=0:24wtuwsh]000 RSP higher than attacker.png[/attachment:24wtuwsh]

Once the attack lands, I file a ticket to BFG, is not anymore an issue or being ethical or not, if either of them has collected resources rules have been broken.
Summarizing the first fleet crash has been done within the rules, the players involved have gotten over 1 billion (according to my calculation of resources) and large amount of DSP, all within the rules.
The second Zeus crash is under investigation by BFG and seems at this stage that Phil has harvested it, according to his message sent to me

To: Andrea Nard1
i did. not pushing however because the attacks were all launched at the point were he was higher in rsp. however i will be giving a large portion of the resourcesc away.

I think is a sad day for the community and the game. I do not expect that a member of the player panel to be involved in this facts, but she might not be fully aware of the developments...Anyway I would expected more from you PN.

Offline Radon Randell (UBM)

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 11:16:18 AM »
I suspect the alliance was created because the 6 wave limit was reached for the day. he was GD and GA so the acct and its mines are going to be trashed for good. Clearly whoever was running the operation forgot to send their primary account the 162 million resources on tet(s) heph. Isn't this T N' A alliance newly formed? Maybe the account is still being run by tet(s). Seems the main requirement for admission is to be a lowlife/cheat/scumbag.

Lytjohan_

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 11:25:34 AM »
"To: Andrea Nard1
i did. not pushing however because the attacks were all launched at the point were he was higher in rsp. however i will be giving a large portion of the resourcesc away."

probably phils way of stating - " ooops - i know i was wrong - but i have learned my lesson".... :)

andy nard1

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 11:30:24 AM »
Phil should have know better. I cannot say that at the time of launching what was the RSP, I did not take the screen shot of the leader board at the time of launch, roughly one hour later, however if you look at the screen shot of the galaxy, you will see that I am back again is more green to me than Phil, thus at that time Phil was higher RSP than I am back again.

At the time of attack launch? Let me introduce you a scenario...XX:59 (just before updating of the RSP), attack is launched Phil is lower RSP,,,YY:00 RSP are updated, Phil is higher RSP...I hope that BFG will not hide behind a technicality  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 11:35:21 AM »
If they are not suspended. We will see a prime example of "It's not what you know, It's WHO you know."

Someone, 000 by the looks of it, harvested the debris from the many (speculation) waves of attacks launched. Which I think does make it against the rules. I really think this is similar to the Commander Speck purchase and smashing of an account with higher RSP.

This "scheme" was orchestrated by 2 well known veterans of the SFC franchise. One of whom I'm not surprised, and one that I'm shocked to see involved. And well involved too if they had to declare/accept war from a 1 member alliance created minutes prior. Sad day for the community and the misjudgment by Matt for backing these players.

Offline The Grinch

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 11:41:53 AM »
repost from the "other" thread
+++++++++++++++++++
You think that's bad? how about the guy in uni1 that keeps buying top accounts and crashing them into himself?

My understanding is that Phil Sutherland sold his account and it was renamed walkera60. Xanadis was then bought and crashed into the walkera60 account (both accounts suspended for sharing an IP address during the crashing... ie multi-accounting). Then Chi was bought and crashed into the walkera60 account... this time walkera60 did the crashing through a proxy so as not to be suspended, but did spam the game afterward from the chi account claiming to be the new owner and the ships were all gone when he signed in!! :cry: So, the chi account was suspended for spamming and walkera60 is merrily spending his res.

Interesting that Phil Sutherland the super-mod is involved in both of these situations.... :roll:

andy nard1

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 12:12:21 PM »
Someone, 000 by the looks of it, harvested the debris from the many (speculation) waves of attacks launched. Which I think does make it against the rules. I really think this is similar to the Commander Speck purchase and smashing of an account with higher RSP.

It always goes down to the details, the reasons of suspension on the case you refer was for multi-accounting, not for pushing.

I do trust that BFG will rule in accordance with the rules of the game and without bias, I do not think they will make any exemption to the rules. I do think that because of a technicality (the time of launching the attack) Phil be set free.
That's the main reason why I posted this here. Rules are to be applied on their principle, players shall not play on the boundaries of the rules to gain an advantage because of technicality. Phil, by his own admission, will keep some resources (which have been pushed to him), and that is against the principle of the rule. If the real reason was to help lower ranked, they could have crashed small lots of fleets on the lower ranked planets.  :? Not on Phil moon, not on his own Zeus...They wanted to get extra DSP, they could have sent the probes to GD those small fleets....I cannot find a justification for taking the whole DF and than claiming that was for the lower ranked

andy nard1

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 12:27:29 PM »
Hi,

I am surprised that you are shocked when a quitting party happens and an alliance shares in the dsp when a player decided to crash his fleet. I have seen many quitting parties posted on this boards, and also seen many `respected`members of the community involved, in completely legitimate quitting parties.

I put in a few probes for some dsp in a GD. It is no different than throwing in a probe when attacking to share some dsp. So since there are screen shots of all of you doing that at at least one time or another to capitalize on a large hit, its like the pot calling the kettle black.

I reply here because is related to this thread.

@PN...I have nothing against quitting part...however this was not a quitting part, this player quit after buying a top account and the reason given is that he was upset because Kip sold his account for less of what he paid for the tet(s) one. Come on, who is going to waste over 500 bucks in a quitting party? Quitting parties are done....this is my fleet...get yours together and smash it...not a surgical destruction piece by piece to minimize the losses, including but not limited ( :lol:  :lol:  :lol: ) using its own Zeus to GD is own attacking fleet.

I said earlier, Phil did not convince me with the quitting party story, thus the reason why I posted this here

Lytjohan_

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 12:31:09 PM »
Quote from: "andy nard1"
Hi,

I am surprised that you are shocked when a quitting party happens and an alliance shares in the dsp when a player decided to crash his fleet. I have seen many quitting parties posted on this boards, and also seen many `respected`members of the community involved, in completely legitimate quitting parties.

I put in a few probes for some dsp in a GD. It is no different than throwing in a probe when attacking to share some dsp. So since there are screen shots of all of you doing that at at least one time or another to capitalize on a large hit, its like the pot calling the kettle black.

I reply here because is related to this thread.

@PN...I have nothing against quitting part...however this was not a quitting part, this player quit after buying a top account and the reason given is that he was upset because Kip sold his account for less of what he paid for the tet(s) one. Come on, who is going to waste over 500 bucks in a quitting party? Quitting parties are done....this is my fleet...get yours together and smash it...not a surgical destruction piece by piece to minimize the losses, including but not limited ( :lol:  :lol:  :lol: ) using its own Zeus to GD is own attacking fleet.

I said earlier, Phil did not convince me with the quitting party story, thus the reason why I posted this here

the other thread is related too andy - just because you're acting like a kid - doesnt make the discussion there any less valid!

Offline Phil Sutherland

• View Profile
    • http://www.example.com/
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2011, 12:33:02 PM »
For the people who don't no what happened.
First of all no rules were broken.
I found out  few weeks ago that a friend from original had purchased tets old account. We talked for a bit and then planned some hunting together. Unfortunately it was during my exam period so I wasn't playing SFC more than 30 minutes a day.

Anyways when I finished my exams I found out that he had gotten a new job that was going to seriously affect his ability to play these games. So X-2 had to go since it was twice as fast as his other universe. So he apparently attempted to sell and wouldn't settle for anything under the original price he bought it for which was $500. So owed me a huge favor from a incident in original, so he decided to go out with a boom and let us attack him. This was later changed to him attacking us in waves.

So the crashing day was set to last Friday but for reasons he didn't tell me it was pushed back to Monday. Since he was  from the UK he launched a GD of 76 zeus at my moon and launched the other half at a slower speed at my moon. When I woke up 3 hours later the GD was almost in place. So I gave the message to my alliance mates to join with a probe or with zeus  ;)  After a bit of waiting the GD was  finally orbiting so I got I am back again to launch everything he had at me in waves.
His main fleet destroyed by the defending zeus shortly after. How ever the attacking zeus were not going to land for another 8 hours.
So we waited around for hours until his zeus hit.  

After that, other locals destroyed the heph.

Why no rules were broken?
1. The attacks were launched when h e had a higher RSP than me.
2. The account was bought and operated by a friend in England.
3. I don't have $500  spend on a game. In fact I think ive spent a grand total of $22 on the game so far.

This is no different then say Kimarius launching into the Grinch or YBS launching into Loki.
[/b] [/b][/b] [/b] [size=150]#26

Lytjohan_

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2011, 12:36:26 PM »
Quote from: "Phil Sutherland"
For the people who don't no what happened.
First of all no rules were broken.
I found out  few weeks ago that a friend from original had purchased tets old account. We talked for a bit and then planned some hunting together. Unfortunately it was during my exam period so I wasn't playing SFC more than 30 minutes a day.

Anyways when I finished my exams I found out that he had gotten a new job that was going to seriously affect his ability to play these games. So X-2 had to go since it was twice as fast as his other universe. So he apparently attempted to sell and wouldn't settle for anything under the original price he bought it for which was $500. So owed me a huge favor from a incident in original, so he decided to go out with a boom and let us attack him. This was later changed to him attacking us in waves.

So the crashing day was set to last Friday but for reasons he didn't tell me it was pushed back to Monday. Since he was  from the UK he launched a GD of 76 zeus at my moon and launched the other half at a slower speed at my moon. When I woke up 3 hours later the GD was almost in place. So I gave the message to my alliance mates to join with a probe or with zeus  ;)  After a bit of waiting the GD was  finally orbiting so I got I am back again to launch everything he had at me in waves.
His main fleet destroyed by the defending zeus shortly after. How ever the attacking zeus were not going to land for another 8 hours.
So we waited around for hours until his zeus hit.  

After that, other locals destroyed the heph.

Why no rules were broken?
  • The attacks were launched when h e had a higher RSP than me.
  • The account was bought and operated by a friend in England.
  • I don't have $500  spend on a game. In fact I think ive spent a grand total of $22 on the game so far.

This is no different then say Kimarius launching into the Grinch or YBS launching into Loki.

But you ought to know better than this - all participants should! - you lead by example - doing shabby stuff like this even though you are mod + high ranked ... pfft!

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2011, 12:38:20 PM »
Pushing
It is against the rules to devise a scheme in which resources are transferred from a lower-ranked player to a higher ranked play (using the rankings from the Resources Spent leaderboard)

You just stated that some attacks landed 8hrs after the initial. I think the landing time is more realistic way to consider if it is pushing or not. Either way it was a "scheme" devised to benefit you after an update of the leader board occured.

birthmark-ant