contact
August 18, 2019, 02:13:18 PM

Poll

Should there be a change in the suspeinsion mechanic?

Yes
27 (84.4%)
No
5 (15.6%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: July 11, 2011, 06:13:26 PM

Author Topic: "Your account has been suspended"  (Read 3441 times)

Offline solarsatsally

• View Profile
Re: "Your account has been suspended"
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2011, 05:11:03 PM »
Well, 24 hours has come and gone and still my ticket has not even been assigned.... sigh.... at this rate I will not only lose 3 days res from my colonies but my farming income also. Not to mention any building I had planned for my days off. I guess I better start trying to figure out how to be online when the 3 day time is over without my boss catching me so I can frs.....  :(
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Tarak

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2011, 07:04:40 PM »
I was wondering what happened to you Sally!  :o
I hope it gets sorted soon and you don't lose any fleets over it.
Guess I've been lucky not to get capthca glitched in a very long time.
~ I suggest a new strategy R2, let the Wookie win. ~

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2011, 07:12:24 PM »
I have a theory regarding why some users are getting suspended (or blocked from the galaxy page) without seeing CAPTCHAs. However, I'll have to wait until later this week to really do major digging into. Otherwise, Jason is working through support tickets as quickly as possible.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Admiral Hartel

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2011, 07:40:10 PM »
Quote from: "solarsatsally"
Well, 24 hours has come and gone and still my ticket has not even been assigned.... sigh.... at this rate I will not only lose 3 days res from my colonies but my farming income also. Not to mention any building I had planned for my days off. I guess I better start trying to figure out how to be online when the 3 day time is over without my boss catching me so I can frs.....  :(

Same happened to me last week. Got (s) for missing a captcha waited 36 hours for it to get assigned to a support person. 1 day later i got blocked from the galaxie page. Which is not too bad except one huge issue. As it says you cant see the galaxie page but everything else works except renaming you planets, no biggie and you cant move your heph. A huge biggie. You can move fleet and such using the fleet page. However a heph needs to orbit a planet slot. There is no way to type in coords in thebfleet page to jump it. Mine sat for hours. Never got probed or attacked but could have. All i could would be to watch in go Down like a moon lock. Well i could have sent the fleet and res off to reduce any gain.

I already messaged matt h and he has been a big help. He looked into it found that i missed 6 captchas in a row on the gal page. This is after Jason Said you missed a captcha so you got bloked. Really? I had one screen open and moved maybe 20 max page loads and got blocked. I never saw any captcha. How can any player miss 6 captchas? You get popped if
you miss just 1. on nice thing about the block is it auto un blocks after 24hrs. At least you dont have to wait days to get un blocked. Thanks to matt h for he Ping to look into this.

Offline solarsatsally

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2011, 08:40:23 PM »
My ticket has now been answered:
Jason
Starfleet Commander
You were suspended for receiving pushing in the form of moonshots.

I have been exchanging moonshots with several friends.  Is this not allowed??? I am under the impression players have been doing this forever in order to get moons.....  :o

Offline Tarak

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2011, 09:16:21 PM »
My ticket has now been answered:
Jason
Starfleet Commander
You were suspended for receiving pushing in the form of moonshots.

I have been exchanging moonshots with several friends.  Is this not allowed??? I am under the impression players have been doing this forever in order to get moons.....  :o
Did you follow the rules for exchanging moonshots?
If so, Support should be able to confirm this if you provide evidence.
If a lower ranked person moonshots you and you collect the DF and do not give it back or throw the same amount of ships back at them to collect DF from within 24-48hrs it's considered pushing. A higher ranked player can moonshot a lower rank all they want with no rule breaking but it's important to cover your ass if you are trading moonshots with lower ranks because there are those players out there who will just rat on you because they can't beat you in the game.  :roll:

Someone oracled one of those moonshots and went crying to support about it, otherwise you would not have been suspended. I suggest enjoying your vacation from fleetsaving while it lasts. It's been a long time since I've taken up a bounty hunt (since I thumped Thumper71 actually) but I would thoroughly enjoy putting another crybaby to bed if you know who the rat is.  :twisted:

Offline Denise Laluk Goodin

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2011, 09:38:35 PM »
Quote from: "Tarak"
Did you follow the rules for exchanging moonshots?

I just looked up BFG's Rules of the game in SFCO, and there is nothing specifically mentioned about Moonshots at all.  They were probably written at the game startup and haven't changed since.  They only implemented Moons about 1 1/2 years ago.  Any 'rules' about Moonshots are based off of random posts on the forum boards (which the majority of the player base does not read), player conjecture about what is 'fair' and 'right', and inconsistent rulings by BFG on support tickets given based on who is assigned the tickets, and how they feel about the situation on that particular day for that particular person.

It's kinda like getting a new puppy, giving it absolutely no training or leadership or structure, not taking it outside for hours and hours, and then hitting the puppy with a newspaper and calling it a 'bad dog' when it pees on the floor.  Who is really at fault here, the puppy, or the owner?

Perhaps updating the Rules of the game is in order.

Denise
2nd in Command of L2K
Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:33 am
Quote from: \"Matt\"
We finally feel we have a way to revitalize Starfleet and we have more people working on it now than ever before. We\'ve decided that we\'re going to make it successful one way or another and fun Facebook if it won\'t work there

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2011, 09:49:20 PM »
It is probably best if you create a new topic to discuss your individual suspension.

The rule (as shown in game) is:
It is against the rules to devise a scheme in which resources are transferred from a lower-ranked player to a higher ranked player (using the rankings from the Resources Spent leaderboard)

As stated by Tarak, if a lower ranked player provides you with a moonshot, and you collect the debris afterwards you have transferred resources from the lower ranked player to a higher ranked player. (Unless of course you provided the exact same number of ships to them in a moonshot and they collected that debris field.)
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline solarsatsally

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2011, 10:14:35 PM »
Thank you Matt for your reply. Our group has been using a rotation list where after your day of receiving shots you move to the bottom of the list and the next day the next player on the list receives shots, etc. If you can't make a day of shots, you are expected to "make up" the missed shot as soon as you can. Tomorrow is the day for the player I am accused of pushing with, but he has also been suspended so now what should I do? .... sigh....

Offline Tarak

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2011, 10:30:52 PM »
By the sounds of things BFG didn't even give you the time frame they came up with for you to return the moonshot/resources before suspending you unless this happened a while ago and they just got around to checking it out.  :?

Offline Tababoy

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2011, 02:34:26 AM »
Thank you Matt for your reply. Our group has been using a rotation list where after your day of receiving shots you move to the bottom of the list and the next day the next player on the list receives shots, etc. If you can't make a day of shots, you are expected to "make up" the missed shot as soon as you can. Tomorrow is the day for the player I am accused of pushing with, but he has also been suspended so now what should I do? .... sigh....

I would strongly recommend stopping this rotation method for trading moonshots. if I remember correctly, torpedo/aria.moon was suspended for a similar situation in x2 even though long term, he wasn't being pushed, just getting his turn for moonshots after giving many times more in previous shots to his alliance members.

bfg cannot realistically track every moonshot ever traded between players to determine if pushing occurred, so they check over a 24-48 hour period.

easiest worry free way to do moonshot trade imo is straight shot for shot, defender always collect the debris.

Offline Tarak

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2011, 03:50:26 AM »
Quote from: "Tababoy"
...easiest worry free way to do moonshot trade imo is straight shot for shot, defender always collect the debris.

+1
Do it at the same time so it's easy to cross check and you can stay out of the dog house with BFG. Anyone can say so and so owed me a moonshot from April and just never got around to it until yesterday to try and get out of it.  :roll:
Better to play it safe if the (s) is a bigger blow to your pride than just riding it out and moving on.

Offline Admiral Hartel

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2011, 03:56:31 AM »
Quote from: "Tababoy"

I would strongly recommend stopping this rotation method for trading moonshots. if I remember correctly, torpedo/aria.moon was suspended for a similar situation in x2 even though long term, he wasn't being pushed, just getting his turn for moonshots after giving many times more in previous shots to his alliance members.

bfg cannot realistically track every moonshot ever traded between players to determine if pushing occurred, so they check over a 24-48 hour period.

easiest worry free way to do moonshot trade imo is straight shot for shot, defender always collect the debris.

+1 This is how we do them in Ronin.

Offline diane wizardess

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2011, 05:39:11 AM »
I can see that it would be unrealistic for BFG to cross check moon shots over a long period of time. My question would be why BFG did not just ask the players being accused to provide evidence that no pushing was being done before issuing the suspension without warning or a chance to defend themselves... :(

The Soloist

« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2011, 06:12:56 AM »
I have to say, it really is nice to not have to worry about being suspended.  Only EVER log into one account, and you are fine.  

As far as CATCHA's go, I can only speak for myself and the people that communicate with in game, but on a good day, I play for about 12 hours.  12-15 tabs open sometimes.  I never (ok, maybe once a month) get CAPTCHA's.  I think most of my friends can say the same thing.