contact
April 06, 2020, 05:22:29 AM

Author Topic: Tales from a perma D  (Read 665 times)

Offline 1205

• View Profile
Tales from a perma D
« on: July 31, 2011, 01:52:58 AM »
OMG!!! I'm in D mode how evil am I?
I joined this game about 18 months ago then I was invited to join an alliance and I started to enjoy the game more.
Then real life kicked in and forced me into D.
I've read a lot since then on the forums about how bad perma Ds are for the game so just wanted to put my point across as someone in perma D.
Yes some D's are bad for the game but there are some of us who want to come out and have fun but real life wont allow it.
Even tho I spent most of my time in D I've managed to work my way up to an officer in my alliance (yes there are other ways to enjoy/and help your buddies in the game)
I guess what I'm really trying to say is
Don't tar us all with the same brush some of us are trying to play the game but real life does take priority.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Morat

Re: Tales from a perma D
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 07:17:57 AM »
Oh noes! There are *degrees* of perma-D's? Some perma-D's are better than others?

It's always great to hear from a member of a group that gets relentlessly slammed, but I think you might have put your case a little better there, mate :)

Offline Aglo Redirondo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 11:19:16 AM »
Good for you, 1205.
Senior Officer, Blades of the Ronin

Quote from: \"bryn987\"
when you spend 500 hours on a spread sheet, who has time to crash fleets?

Offline vanvely

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 02:51:50 AM »
Quote from: "1205"
OMG!!! I'm in D mode how evil am I?
I joined this game about 18 months ago then I was invited to join an alliance and I started to enjoy the game more.
Then real life kicked in and forced me into D.
I've read a lot since then on the forums about how bad perma Ds are for the game so just wanted to put my point across as someone in perma D.
Yes some D's are bad for the game but there are some of us who want to come out and have fun but real life wont allow it.
Even tho I spent most of my time in D I've managed to work my way up to an officer in my alliance (yes there are other ways to enjoy/and help your buddies in the game)
I guess what I'm really trying to say is
Don't tar us all with the same brush some of us are trying to play the game but real life does take priority.
If that's the case, then you are not a perma-d. Perma-d are people who don't intend to come out. It's not about exactly how long you've been in d-mode, it's about your philosophy regarding d-mode.

Example of what a perma-d player might say: "I am in d-mode because I am building up, so I can get ready to exit." d-mode is a perfect way to NOT build up. If you are planning to use d-mode to "build up," then you are a perma-d moder.

If you are using d-mode because real-life prevents you from playing, then you are not a perma-d-moder.

Morat

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 03:20:53 AM »
I *think*, if RL is keeping you in diplo for 18 months, it's pretty reasonable to call yourself perma-d. :)