contact
July 09, 2020, 01:52:15 PM

Author Topic: This new adventure coming soon.  (Read 13505 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Matt H

  • Blue Frog Gaming
  • Member
  • Posts: 4399
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
Re: This new adventure coming soon.
« Reply #180 on: August 11, 2011, 12:33:21 PM »
Stardrift Empires is now up and running.

We appologize for the downtime and we appreciate your support and understanding.

User accounts created before the problems were experienced should be awarded 20,000 credits for the problems.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Skype

Offline Kip Shiller

  • Member
  • Posts: 1173
    • View Profile
Re: This new adventure coming soon.
« Reply #181 on: August 11, 2011, 06:22:20 PM »
that explains where they came from. i have to say, i appreciate the "compensation", thanks.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline The Galactic Fool

  • Member
  • Posts: 112
    • View Profile
Re: This new adventure coming soon.
« Reply #182 on: August 11, 2011, 06:29:42 PM »
Quote from: "Matt H"
Stardrift Empires is now up and running.

We appologize for the downtime and we appreciate your support and understanding.

User accounts created before the problems were experienced should be awarded 20,000 credits for the problems.

They are paying us to play now  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline TheOx

  • Member
  • Posts: 791
    • View Profile
Re: This new adventure coming soon.
« Reply #183 on: August 11, 2011, 07:56:48 PM »
Quote from: "Justin Coles 928543"
Quote from: "Matt H"
It's hard to say we're abandoning you, when we've said over and over that we will continue to maintain and update the original Starfleet Universes.


morning!

I think the problem is not what BFG is saying, but actually what they are doing.....

Was it the right time to crank out a collaborated game WITH the same design, when BFG currently has 4 EXACT games in a state of dissaray, and with what can only be considered in a gaming world as 'old' platforms, when all your CURRENT members are screaming for new updates to revitalize these ventures?
Probably, but only so far as a business and economic sense goes!

BFG is an online  gaming corporation (apparently) but its customer orientation is the same as any other business, whether it be supermarkets, or fast food......If you don't give you customers what they want, what they are asking for, it makes NO business sense.

How long will it be before NBC and syfy.com realise you have given them an exact copy of your existing game? or was that part of the deal?
If you do not wish to answer publicly, these are questions which do need to be answered, at least by someone.

As you may guess, people are playing, but there is an element of outrage, that the 'new & hyped' game is an exact replica of what already exists

There is no way NBC/syfy doesnt know that SFC existed. Im sure they did their homework before partnering with BFG. They probably asked for a new game so everyone could start fresh... and so the 'starfleet" name wouldnt be a problem with the additional exposure since I would assume whomever owns the license to the star trek franchise could raise a stink.

And... with some people already having played 2 years, new players had very little chance to advance in the ranks at this point.

I understand the reasoning for the new game... BUT i would have had many more new features implemented at launch.. That i think was their mistake.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
My Victims:
Queen of Angels - Scorned - 9,230,124,115,521,680 DSP
Jeniefe - CE - 425,049,430,778,564 DSP
Jondular - Nemesis - 114,827,036,592,923 DSP
Commander Kopciuszek - Nemesis - 97,336,503,463,657 DSP
meeeeeee - CE - 79,225,200,088,966 DSP
Savach - Nemesis - 72,291,789,932,406 DSP
Max Pax - SW - 39,197,631,495,026
First Star Lord Duncan - UFP - 17,630,572,670,051 DSP
Ambrosius Pendragon - AnT1 - 12,973,450,948,851 DSP
Army Geddon - Nemesis/Valhalia - 5,083,977,670,890 DSP
Augustus Wolf - Nemesis - 3,236,893,621,818 DSP
Ruby Chicken - ANH - 2,153,692,940,926 DSP
ScareCrow - SW - 1,233,018,526,993 DSP
Here Comes Trouble - Exiled - 515,361,618,434 DSP
Lobo - CE - 768,292,429,643 DSP
FireFox - SW - 398,009,220,511
Profiteer - Exiled - 377,415,717,224 DSP
Iron Shadow - Nemesis - 72,834,528,045 DSP
Cronus - IPA - 45,682,810,381 DSP
Damn Haggis - Nemesis - 32,832,020,345 DSP
Havoc33 - Nemesis - 12,560,366,618 DSP
Ben 138 - TRA - 6,332,937,749 DSP

Offline Matt

  • Blue Frog Gaming
  • Member
  • Posts: 1583
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bluefroggaming.com
Re: This new adventure coming soon.
« Reply #184 on: August 11, 2011, 08:08:23 PM »
Quote from: "TheOx"
I understand the reasoning for the new game... BUT i would have had many more new features implemented at launch.. That i think was their mistake.

We did have a lot of new features, we just didn't wait for launch on very many of them. We've been rolling them out to the Starfleet Universes over the last 3 months. We didn't want to make the Starfleet players feel like we were holding out on them, so now instead the Stardrift players feel we didn't do enough new stuff  :D
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
No fleetsave = no fleet.

Offline Matt H

  • Blue Frog Gaming
  • Member
  • Posts: 4399
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
Re: This new adventure coming soon.
« Reply #185 on: August 11, 2011, 08:32:21 PM »
The standalone site for Stardrift Empires is now available at http://www.stardriftempires.com. To use the standalone site it will need to be connected to your Facebook account either by using Facebook Connect to log in or by creating an account through Facebook and setting a password on the options screen.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Skype

Offline Biskirk

  • Member
  • Posts: 130
    • View Profile
Re: This new adventure coming soon.
« Reply #186 on: August 11, 2011, 10:29:18 PM »
Quote from: "Matt H"
The standalone site for Stardrift Empires is now available at http://www.stardriftempires.com. To use the standalone site it will need to be connected to your Facebook account either by using Facebook Connect to log in or by creating an account through Facebook and setting a password on the options screen.


To late mate   SFC  423rd has flunked and is dead in the water

BiSKirK

Why would I start again, I am not a sad looser.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Denise Laluk Goodin

  • Member
  • Posts: 79
    • View Profile
Re: This new adventure coming soon.
« Reply #187 on: August 14, 2011, 02:31:54 PM »
Quote from: "Matt H"
It's hard to say we're abandoning you, when we've said over and over that we will continue to maintain and update the original Starfleet Universes.

Okay, so BFG may not be completely abandoning SFC altogether (yet), but it certainly is not SUPPORTING the SFC games or community either.  BFG could have put the graphics paint job on SFC, but they chose not to.  They could have given the SFC community all of the little new perks and changes on all of the versions, and in fact as MattOne has stated, and as players noticed however briefly, those new changes ARE part of the code of the SFC games, but BFG has made the choice to DENY them to SFC, and instead given them only to the 'new game'.

BFG is now treating SFC like some backyard science experiment that they are ashamed of.  You give the 'new game' a new name, a new website, and deliberately separate it from the rest of the SFC versions and community.  You took 99% of the ideas and suggestions from the SFC loyal player base, apply them to your 'new game', and refuse to release them to the SFC community even though we have been suggesting them, asking for them, begging and pleading with BFG for well over a year for these things.  BFG used us, and continues to use us.

Maybe BFG doesn't actually pull the plug and kill off SFC, but surely their neglectful and parasitic treatment of the SFC community is in bad form.  Fess up BFG, we were your Beta testers, and now you are hoping everyone pays attention to the 'new game' and forgets about SFC so you can bury it in the backyard where you've been starving and neglecting it for so long anyway.

Actions speak louder than words.  Give the SFC community and games the things they have been asking for, or acknowledge that BFG does NOT support SFC anymore, and plans on using all the ideas on the 'new game' only.

Denise
2nd in Command of L2K
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:33 am
Quote from: \"Matt\"
We finally feel we have a way to revitalize Starfleet and we have more people working on it now than ever before. We\'ve decided that we\'re going to make it successful one way or another and fun Facebook if it won\'t work there

Offline Matt H

  • Blue Frog Gaming
  • Member
  • Posts: 4399
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
Re: This new adventure coming soon.
« Reply #188 on: August 14, 2011, 02:51:11 PM »
What changes have we made in SDE that you want to see in SFC that are not graphics updates? In fact, most of the things added to SDE were added to SFC before launch.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Skype

Offline Elevas

  • Member
  • Posts: 785
    • View Profile
    • Carpe Clunes Comedy
Re: This new adventure coming soon.
« Reply #189 on: August 14, 2011, 02:53:20 PM »
Quote from: "Denise Laluk Goodin"
You took 99% of the ideas and suggestions from the SFC loyal player base, apply them to your 'new game', and refuse to release them to the SFC community even though we have been suggesting them, asking for them, begging and pleading with BFG for well over a year for these things.  BFG used us, and continues to use us.

What changes? The fancy new coat of paint?
Sure, I'm no longer constantly asking myself why the Proms can't rapid fire against atlases when they carry apollos which can... But that's about it.

New art looks great, by the way, Matt... It'd be nice if we could optionally view that artwork in SFCO - but otherwise, I'm just happy to play the original...
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
Elevas Sunchild, flooder fori and head of The Regiment
Moons owned - 14 (9 in O, 5 in 2)
Moons given - 36 (All on Purpose)
Best rank to date - 817 (SFCO)
First (in SFCO) to Energy Tech 17, I claim it!

Offline Denise Laluk Goodin

  • Member
  • Posts: 79
    • View Profile
Re: This new adventure coming soon.
« Reply #190 on: August 14, 2011, 03:08:22 PM »
Quote from: "Matt H"
What changes have we made in SDE that you want to see in SFC that are not graphics updates? In fact, most of the things added to SDE were added to SFC before launch.

Many different people have posted on the SFC forums, asking when the new things would be added into the SFC games, and not once have they been acknowledged by BFG.

New missions.
The new advisor or whatever that helps with Moonshots.

Player Profiles and Badges - both of these were noticed by SFC players as being in the game, and then could no longer access them.  Threads were posted asking about them, but BFG did not acknowledge or respond about it.

Customized War Options.

Those are only the few I know about because I've been reading the boards.  I do not have an account in the 'new game'... but I'm sure that other SFC'ers that are checking it out could provide more.

MattOne has said for months now that they are working on a better chat program for SFC, so is that in the 'new game'?  If so, SFCers would like it installed as well.  Improvements to the Message Board system in game too.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:33 am
Quote from: \"Matt\"
We finally feel we have a way to revitalize Starfleet and we have more people working on it now than ever before. We\'ve decided that we\'re going to make it successful one way or another and fun Facebook if it won\'t work there

Offline wishmaster3

  • Member
  • Posts: 379
    • View Profile
Re: This new adventure coming soon.
« Reply #191 on: August 14, 2011, 03:11:46 PM »
I kinda agree with Denise. It lead me to decide do quit. But I can't do it immediately for many reasons...
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
The [size=120]Exiled[/size] sith pirate.
Darth Brunus - Exiled Uni2 Captain - Retired all unis.

Offline N.L.

  • Member
  • Posts: 8
    • View Profile
Re: This new adventure coming soon.
« Reply #192 on: August 14, 2011, 03:25:10 PM »
SFC was dead long before the new game was launched, seems to me BFG did listen to a certain sector of SFC when they did the compression...too bad that certain sector is now leaving the game in droves and trying to sell their sub 100 accounts for big dollars....HINT: why would anyone pay top dollar for an account in a game that is dead, unless as we have seen over and over again they buy them to inflate their own DSP to satisfy their ego. I am sure you have all heard the phrase: A fool and his money are soon parted:  :D  
If the new so called perks in the new game are so important why not just go to the new game? No one in their right mind would join existing SFC games and try to start from scratch even with the perks in the new game they would become farms in no time at all.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Matt H

  • Blue Frog Gaming
  • Member
  • Posts: 4399
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
Re: This new adventure coming soon.
« Reply #193 on: August 14, 2011, 04:27:08 PM »
Try reading this article which continues an interview with Matt. http://kotaku.com/5829539/stardrift-emp ... ?preview=0

Quote
We're going to continue maintaining the old Starfleet universes indefinitely. We're going to keep updating them and giving them new features. We have more than half of our company working full time on it, so things will be progressing quickly. We're probably going to focus on making the game even more social by reducing friction. The killer thing about Starfleet is that it's actually a social game thanks to alliances. People actually meet people and work together to accomplish things. We want to improve that with better communication tools and more rewards for group accomplishments.

There are plans to back port many of the features to SFC. However, I can't confirm at this time when or in what order that will be done.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Skype

Offline Biskirk

  • Member
  • Posts: 130
    • View Profile
Re: This new adventure coming soon.
« Reply #194 on: August 14, 2011, 04:40:46 PM »
Quote from: "Matt H"
Try reading this article which continues an interview with Matt. http://kotaku.com/5829539/stardrift-emp ... ?preview=0

Quote
We're going to continue maintaining the old Starfleet universes indefinitely. We're going to keep updating them and giving them new features. We have more than half of our company working full time on it, so things will be progressing quickly. We're probably going to focus on making the game even more social by reducing friction. The killer thing about Starfleet is that it's actually a social game thanks to alliances. People actually meet people and work together to accomplish things. We want to improve that with better communication tools and more rewards for group accomplishments.

There are plans to back port many of the features to SFC. However, I can't confirm at this time when or in what order that will be done.


When do we quit , I have seen none of these bright ideas. Yep they are talked about but hardly ever happen.

BiSKirK

Make it one game. Then perhaps enough  players will stay????
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

 

birthmark-ant