contact
April 23, 2019, 12:19:12 PM

Author Topic: New URL  (Read 1766 times)

Offline Matt

• Blue Frog Gaming
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bluefroggaming.com
New URL
« on: November 27, 2009, 10:33:50 PM »
This forum is now at:

http://forum.playstarfleet.com/

Please update your bookmarks. We're redirecting you over for now, but you'll want to be sure to come directly here in the future.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
No fleetsave = no fleet.

Offline Matt

• Blue Frog Gaming
    • View Profile
Re: New URL
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 11:08:00 PM »
Yeah, just more succinct. And we're going to use playstarfleet.com for a lot more stuff coming soon :)
No fleetsave = no fleet.

Offline Ptonjalken

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 11:16:33 PM »
Quote from: "Matt"
Yeah, just more succinct. And we're going to use playstarfleet.com for a lot more stuff coming soon :)

That be cool. I am still using FB for some reason, but I'd rather get off FB while playing this haha.
Retired Forum Moderator
Haunting the forums.

Offline Matt

• Blue Frog Gaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 03:10:52 AM »
Do you know about fb.playstarfleet.com ? You can enable that from your options page.
No fleetsave = no fleet.

Offline Ptonjalken

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 03:11:59 AM »
Do you know about fb.playstarfleet.com ? You can enable that from your options page.

Yea, just kept forgetting about it - using it now :)

Also, I noticed the forums keeps signing me out - is there a kick-out for idle people?
Retired Forum Moderator
Haunting the forums.

Offline Matt

• Blue Frog Gaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 03:12:26 AM »
Hmm, that's odd. I'll check into it.
No fleetsave = no fleet.

Offline Ptonjalken

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2009, 03:15:02 AM »
Hmm, that's odd. I'll check into it.

It seems to happen after I leave it for a bit.
Retired Forum Moderator
Haunting the forums.

Offline dannerman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2009, 02:59:48 PM »
I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but:

-- Did you check the box to log you in automatically each visit?  If not, when you close your browser or reboot your computer, it will log you out.
-- Do you have cookies enabled on your browser?  Same thing.
-- Do you routinely clear out your cookies on your computer?  If you do,  you are effectively logging yourself out.
-- Do you have any type of Anti-Spyware/Privacy software running (Norton, McAfee, etc.)? If so, those may be clearing/blocking cookies, and thus logging you out.

Contrary to widespread belief, cookies (even tracking cookies) are NOT a bad thing.  They can't mine any information that you don't give to the website in the first place, and are used to enhance the experience.  Either storing your login information so you don't have to login, such as on this forum, or even to tell the advertising companies, "Hey, this person has seen this ad before".  Companies don't want to show you the same ad thousands of times as much as you don't want to look at the ad thousands of times.  They want to spread it out to make sure everyone sees it an equal amount of times while spending as little on advertising as possible.  Tracking cookies do that, and essentially prevent you from seeing the same ad over and over again (unless that's what the advertiser actually wants, which is pretty rare).  And that applies to different sites that use the same company for ads (such as doubleclick) - even though the sites themselves may not be related or even owned by the same person/company, the ads are still coming from the same source. [/end rant]

Offline Ptonjalken

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2009, 03:05:59 PM »
Quote from: "dannerman"
I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but:

-- Did you check the box to log you in automatically each visit?  If not, when you close your browser or reboot your computer, it will log you out.
-- Do you have cookies enabled on your browser?  Same thing.
-- Do you routinely clear out your cookies on your computer?  If you do,  you are effectively logging yourself out.
-- Do you have any type of Anti-Spyware/Privacy software running (Norton, McAfee, etc.)? If so, those may be clearing/blocking cookies, and thus logging you out.

Contrary to widespread belief, cookies (even tracking cookies) are NOT a bad thing.  They can't mine any information that you don't give to the website in the first place, and are used to enhance the experience.  Either storing your login information so you don't have to login, such as on this forum, or even to tell the advertising companies, "Hey, this person has seen this ad before".  Companies don't want to show you the same ad thousands of times as much as you don't want to look at the ad thousands of times.  They want to spread it out to make sure everyone sees it an equal amount of times while spending as little on advertising as possible.  Tracking cookies do that, and essentially prevent you from seeing the same ad over and over again (unless that's what the advertiser actually wants, which is pretty rare).  And that applies to different sites that use the same company for ads (such as doubleclick) - even though the sites themselves may not be related or even owned by the same person/company, the ads are still coming from the same source. [/end rant]

Hehe I am a little above this level ;)

1. I hit that everytime
2. Cookies Enabled
3. Clear out cookies maybe once a month
4. My anti-spyware is not removing cookies.

This problem only began after the new URL, it keeps my pw in the bar so all I have to do is hit enter and log in. It is no biggie but though id post.
Retired Forum Moderator
Haunting the forums.

Offline dannerman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2009, 03:07:56 PM »
Hmm.. ok, then I'm stumped. LOL.  I know with the new URL I had to log in the first time accessing (because the old cookie had my info for the previous URL of the forums)

Offline Ptonjalken

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2009, 03:10:25 PM »
Quote from: "dannerman"
Hmm.. ok, then I'm stumped. LOL.  I know with the new URL I had to log in the first time accessing (because the old cookie had my info for the previous URL of the forums)

Yea, as did I. After that it stayed for I did not have to retype at least
Retired Forum Moderator
Haunting the forums.

Offline Matt

• Blue Frog Gaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2009, 07:10:41 PM »
Does it work better now? I think it had to do with a cookie setting we had wrong, and that we were using too new a version of PHP.
No fleetsave = no fleet.

Offline LunarAvenger

• Your flesh shall be sutured into the orthodoxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2009, 07:29:10 PM »
*laughs at matts double post*

Now the forum hangs for me when someone posts a new message before I hit send. So it sends my message but I dont know about it. Thus I copy and paste my message into the box again. And send it. Making me double post. Has happend a few times, I deleted my copies though.

I think this is affecting more then just me, judging by the two posts above.
I'm Ancient
Wiki Administrator, disciple of the ZPM, Nachträcher des Imperiums.

Offline Ptonjalken

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2009, 10:41:04 PM »
Matt, works fine now - was gone all day and did not get logged out tonight :) Thanks!

(deleted your dbl post btw)
Retired Forum Moderator
Haunting the forums.

birthmark-ant