contact
February 19, 2019, 02:57:59 AM

Author Topic: Absolute Proof that Support Has double Standards  (Read 866 times)

Justin Coles 928543

Absolute Proof that Support Has double Standards
« on: August 26, 2011, 01:55:17 PM »
Ok so i received a warning for extortion

Having had some serious discussions with my alliance, either through the boards, skype and via cell phone, I have reached an agreement that could benefit those members of phoenix who wish to go down this avenue.. Basically, we are agreed (some reluctantly) that the issue here is not with the likes of you, jo, robert or khern, or any other member of phoenix... The issue is with Cal! No we propose an armistice, when that whilst Cal is v mode, you will see no probes, no attacks from us here at NCC upon any member of Phoenix in this G5 core. No phoenix member across any galaxy will be directly targeted, but will of course be probed as any other viable target, should there be something worth making a strike, it will be made. I cannot stress enough though that this armistice will only previal whilst Cal is in V mode, and dependent upon his actions when he returns. I know from previous comms, some of you are tired of all this BS in this area, now it is time to play the game, play it as intended, but regardless, as stated if Cal returns and continues his vendetta, we will not hesitate to find another location and hound those over and over... I am sure, you will post this, and will discuss it, as an alliance you know have the ability to put to your leader the pros, & cons.... IE. while Cal is happily carrying his seditious tactics and game style against my alliance who is it that is suffering from your alliance?? While Cal basks and gloats about his fleets, how many phoenix fleets have vanished? how many members are having to be more vigilant than ever? I assure you, like it or not my alliance will do as they required in this regard, lets hope and see if this goes 2 ways...

There is the message i sent, which was deemed extortion, there was NO demands for payment, or rescources to recall or cancel attacks.....as far as i see it, it is a simple message, lets cease going luggerheads at each other and play the game, only ONE person is causing issues...

NOW, in direct contrast, asking you to cease attacks of any kind for withholding attacks of anykind is extortion right?????

well not according to MATT H

Robert Griffith » re: hi » 2 minutes ago
To: dj tony
Just returning fire...If you don't fire any more at me then I will leave you alone
- - - - - - - - - - -
Matt Hirschfelt, Aug-26 09:28 (EDT):
Extortion involves the demand of resources or money in exchange for recalling or not attacking. What occurred here is not extortion.

Matt Hirschfelts
Blue Frog Support

so there you have it, you can say to anyone that you will withold attacks if you are left alone

so just to clarify

Extortion
It is illegal to request or send payment of any sort for withholding or canceling attacks.

So whats going on Matt? Why the double standards? You promised all of us that support would be fair, yet i still waiting to see such a ruling
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
Re: Absolute Proof that Support Has double Standards
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 02:42:16 PM »
Your original warning/ticket was not handled by me and I have clarified the standard with Jason since that time.

Saying, "If you stop attacking me, I'll stop attacking you" is not extortion.

Saying, "If you send me 100,000,000 OCH, I'll stop attacking you (or recall my current attack)" is extortion.

Additionally, having multiple alliance members ticket me over the same issue will not result in a change of this definition.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Justin Coles 928543

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 02:48:32 PM »
well where is my message stating my warning was rescinded from Jason then???? as i did not demand resources, where was my apology? and why was the 'any sort' not already removed from the ruling?

Having Jason state TWICE within my warnings for extortion, that he deems it was extortion, when no payment was requested or sent is ridiculous..

I can only take from this, same as the community is that Jason did not fully comprehend the rules, especially as Jason has ALWAYS stated through support, that it is classed as extortion REGARDLESS of what you ask for.....

Pretty stupid IMO

Justin Coles 928543

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 02:54:55 PM »
Oh and why should my members not ticket you????

Did i get all of my alliance to ticket? NO

Did i get those to ticket you who received the message? YES

your statement there is flawed and wrong, every person who receives such a message should send in a ticket, regardless as to how they are related in game

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 02:57:04 PM »
I apologize that you feel slighted by the previous ruling. I believe this post should adequately clarify things for you. Do you have any further questions?
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Justin Coles 928543

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 02:59:08 PM »
whats the point, the answer will only change again within 7 - 14 days

andy nard1

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 03:02:19 PM »
And?

Where's is the extortion? Or the double standard?

Justin Coles 928543

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 03:03:30 PM »
Quote from: "Matt H"
I apologize that you feel slighted by the previous ruling. I believe this post should adequately clarify things for you. Do you have any further questions?

But yes i do...

Why change your definition of the rules within 5 days, but then not notify the community?

This is the biggest criticism of BFG there has ever been, you do things and change things and make nobody aware

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 03:05:12 PM »
The rule wasn't changed. The rule was applied incorrectly in the first scenario and was applied correctly in the second, which you are now aware of.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Justin Coles 928543

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 03:07:35 PM »
Quote from: "andy nard1"
And?

Where's is the extortion? Or the double standard?

Thats my point, i get done for extortion when demanding or requesting NOTHING, yet an alleged ruling of extortion is ignored in terms of 'stop nuking me and i'll not nuke you back'

In essence, why would it concern us if we are being nuked????? we have nuke bases, therefore no defenses, no resources allowed to pool, therefore we have nothing to loose...

Double standard is that in terms of:
I ask for nothing, i state that attacks will not be witheld or cancelled for anything in return, yet when stated 'i will stop nuking you if you leave me alone' bears a double standard

Justin Coles 928543

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 03:08:26 PM »
Quote from: "Matt H"
The rule wasn't changed. The rule was applied incorrectly in the first scenario and was applied correctly in the second, which you are now aware of.

So, i have to have an extortion on my file because Jason didn't 'do it properly', which ironically there was a poll about :lol:  :lol:

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2011, 03:09:35 PM »
Since I don't think you have any further question and now want to take this opportunity to bash Jason on issue I have addressed internally I am locking this thread.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me: