contact
May 29, 2020, 04:50:09 AM

Author Topic: Diplomacy mode  (Read 1762 times)

Offline Timberwolf

• View Profile
Re: Diplomacy mode
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2009, 11:00:34 PM »
I'm under attack right now.  What can I do?  If I send my ships away on missions, will that help?
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Timberwolf

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2009, 11:03:42 PM »
Another question is...how come people can attack me??  I'm at 100 resources spent points now, and I've been trying to go to diplomacy mode the whole day, but it says that dip mode is disabled because I'm at 100 res points.

Offline Darkeye

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2009, 11:04:12 PM »
Look at the attack time it should say 1hr or whatever wait until it say's 1 minute or whatever your comfortable with away from hitting you most use last few seconds. Load up all the reouces you can and send them on a transport mission wait until attack is over then recall your fleet from the fleets page.

Sometime's it will also help if you message the attacker stating your online and will be resource saving. If there's nothing for them to gain from the attack most will recall the attacking fleet.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 11:25:15 PM by Darkeye »
There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Offline Darkeye

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2009, 11:05:09 PM »
Diplomacy mode takes 24hr's to enter I've never used it so that's a much help as I can be there.
There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Offline AlbertaBeef

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2009, 11:12:26 PM »
Quote from: "Ogre"
Diplomacy mode is good if you do not mind progressing slowly.
I am actually progressing quite well, dumping all into infrastructure without having to worry about defense.  I am getting ready to come out of dip mode, but first I need ships.  That will be no problem now that I have built some good colonies.  In under two weeks I am at 6200.  I am ok with that.  Time to rise higher now...

Offline AudieMurphy135

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2009, 02:24:17 AM »
Quote from: "Timberwolf"
My fleet just got totally destroyed last night.  I'm pretty new at this, I am thinking...is it better to go into diplomacy mode right away so I can build up my resources/fleet/tech in the meantime without getting attacked?  

I assume I can still research tech and build ships and mine resources in diplomacy mode??
That's what I did.  I just stayed in dip mode until I was able to build Gauss Cannons and had strong defenses, along with high level mines (o/c/h at 18/15/15).

I don't think anyone will bother attacking me at night when I have few resources and my ships away for the night.  Not to mention I have:

35 Missile Batteries
30 Laser Cannons
13 Pulse Cannons
11 Particle Cannons
1 Decoy
1 Large Decoy
9 Gauss Cannons (with two more in the queue)

It'll probably take a few weeks to get up to that, but it's well worth it.

Offline Obsidian

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2009, 02:26:29 AM »
If you have nothing worth taking then it doesn't matter if you have defenses or not, I'm not going to waste the hydrogen.  If you have something worth taking that isn't enough to stop me from taking it, and I am a medium sized fish at best.

Offline -V-

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2009, 02:40:39 AM »
I don't understand the stigma w/ going into Dip mode.  So what?

You get the benefit of not having to fleet save and predict your return to the game w/in a few miliseconds and you can build colonies, develop your defences and build your fleet all unencumbered by other's wishes to take what you got.  25% is a small fee for peace of mind, trnaquoility at night and never having to wonder..."did i fleet save long enough"  my fleet is instead conducting missions and earning me resources instead of running away from a raid that may or may not ever come...
"No, what you have are bullets, and the hope that when your guns are empty, I\'m no longer standing, because if I am... you\'ll all be dead before you\'ve reloaded."  -V-

Offline Timberwolf

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2009, 02:43:38 AM »
Before I got into dip mode, I found people attacking me everyday...I didn't have much...a few Artemis and a couple of Atlas and Apollo ships...a few thousand ores...  it's definitely worthwhile to go into dip mode...or I'll have my fleets annihilated everyday and thousands of ores/crystals/hydrogen taken.

Kaizard

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2009, 03:06:05 AM »
Activating Diplomacy Mode is not necessary for everyone.

If you're in a dilemma of going to Dip mode then just think if it's necessary for you. This may help:

If you're in a hotzone and gets attacked most of the time and couldn't develop properly; doesn't stay too long on the PC to play SFC and was attacked everytime you got back, then GO to Dip mode. But, if you've noticed you don't get attacked much if at all, even if you don't stay too long on the PC every single day; and if you're a WAR-FREAK by nature who loves to attack more than whenever's possible, then DO NOT go to Dip mode.

Sore dake da...

Offline -V-

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2009, 03:32:03 AM »
to put his into context...i was in an alliance w/ a guy who built his way into the top 100.  let me say that again top ONE HUNDRED having never left Dip Mode.

when and IF he ever comes out, there's a small subset of the overall population that could ever even THINK about attacking him and making it profitable.

even if he didnt fleet save and they timed their Dions to be there within seconds of their attack, they'd spend days/weeks rebuilding their fleet after such a foolish venture...

building a HUGE fleet and impenetrable fortress while sitting behind a wall NO ONE could get through is a noble idea.  i applaud his patience.

remember, there's some advanced missions you can run consistently that more that pay for the time spent raiding an opponent who'll probably just fleet/resource save anyways...
"No, what you have are bullets, and the hope that when your guns are empty, I\'m no longer standing, because if I am... you\'ll all be dead before you\'ve reloaded."  -V-

Offline Obsidian

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2009, 04:16:08 AM »
I dunno, if big dogs are always in your back yard and you can't get anywhere there is a place for diplomacy.  There are a few members of my alliance that have had to go for that option.  On the flipside though, raiding inactives is far more profitable in my experience than missions and inactives don't fleet or resource save.  Raiding and no tax trump dip mode imo so long as you're not in the middle of a war zone where the average is bigger than you are.

Offline Josh Meyer

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2009, 05:00:28 AM »
I recently made the decision to go into diplomacy.  I had been playing for several weeks.  I built up my homeworld to the point that I branched out with colonies, eventually getting all eight.  I then built up mines on those colonies and began making runs from the mining outposts to my homeworld, using the resources to build up research, defenses, and ships.

Then, I suppose I got the attention of some powerful neighbors.  I got attacked something like 5 times in two days by different players of the same alliance.  I fleetsaved.  I made sure that I didn't leave resources laying around.  But again, kept getting attacked.

So I went into diplomacy mode.  I'm still doing things like I did before, but now I'm not worried about  leaving the computer to live my life.

My plan is to leave diplomacy after I have built up my fleets and defenses.

Kaizard

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2009, 05:06:28 AM »
Quote from: "Josh Meyer"
I recently made the decision to go into diplomacy.  I had been playing for several weeks.  I built up my homeworld to the point that I branched out with colonies, eventually getting all eight.  I then built up mines on those colonies and began making runs from the mining outposts to my homeworld, using the resources to build up research, defenses, and ships.

Then, I suppose I got the attention of some powerful neighbors.  I got attacked something like 5 times in two days by different players of the same alliance.  I fleetsaved.  I made sure that I didn't leave resources laying around.  But again, kept getting attacked.

So I went into diplomacy mode.  I'm still doing things like I did before, but now I'm not worried about  leaving the computer to live my life.

My plan is to leave diplomacy after I have built up my fleets and defenses.

This is one of the things of what I'm pointing out. Activate Diplomacy Mode when necessary. But before that it's really a matter of your own choice.

Offline Matt

• Blue Frog Gaming
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bluefroggaming.com
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2009, 11:45:46 PM »
Quote from: "-V-"
to put his into context...i was in an alliance w/ a guy who built his way into the top 100.  let me say that again top ONE HUNDRED having never left Dip Mode.

when and IF he ever comes out, there's a small subset of the overall population that could ever even THINK about attacking him and making it profitable.

even if he didnt fleet save and they timed their Dions to be there within seconds of their attack, they'd spend days/weeks rebuilding their fleet after such a foolish venture...

building a HUGE fleet and impenetrable fortress while sitting behind a wall NO ONE could get through is a noble idea.  i applaud his patience.

remember, there's some advanced missions you can run consistently that more that pay for the time spent raiding an opponent who'll probably just fleet/resource save anyways...

Don't forget about group attacks. There's nobody in this game who couldn't be carved up nicely by a few mid-level guys. Leave your fleet sitting in the same place at the same time for enough days and someone will catch on.
No fleetsave = no fleet.