contact
February 19, 2019, 02:54:47 AM

Author Topic: "Home" Button on Galaxy Page  (Read 1254 times)

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
Re: "Home" Button on Galaxy Page
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2011, 06:11:29 PM »
We are always monitoring network performance. I believe that I overheard our CTO mention that we would be looking at changing the load balancers we are using in the near future. That may reduce some of the problems you are experiencing.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Admiral Hartel

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2011, 06:13:13 PM »
I've used the button quite a bit since it was added. I really like the current tech you have when looking at the tech page. + 1 for the button +1 for the tech page update.

Ali Baba

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 06:22:31 PM »
Quote from: "Admiral Hartel"
+1 for the tech page update.

What update on the tech page...??

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2011, 06:23:54 PM »
The current tech levels are listed next to the techs on the left hand side of the tech page. Just a minor textual tweak.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Ali Baba

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2011, 06:28:04 PM »
On which uni because i cant see that just yet.

Or will it update it self after my tech has finished updating..??

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2011, 06:35:02 PM »
It's in all the Universes. Look at the buildings and techs on the left of your page. In parenthesis next to them will be the current level.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Ian Moon

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2011, 06:52:03 PM »
its live in x2 for me and uni 2 I think
Member of Topgun extreme-the extreme means we have more time to kill you

TopGun Who\'Z Yer Daddy

Punish the weak

If yer gonna go, go with a smile

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2011, 06:54:57 PM »
Just a few days ago I had a brain-fart, and forgot how to get back to my home system... it only took me a couple moments to remember to click the galaxy link to get back to the home system,... but the home button is now right there... and I was just wondering why there wasn't one...

So I think that it is a good addition to the game.

Another +1 to BFG from me.
~Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.

Offline Tarak

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2011, 07:09:14 PM »
Quote from: "Matt H"
The current tech levels are listed next to the techs on the left hand side of the tech page. Just a minor textual tweak.
I'll give a full +1 for this addition.  8-)
It's providing useful info to developing players conveniently. I could have used this while I was first building up.  :oops:
This makes sense and doesn't look like it's going to break anything else.    :)
The "dev monkey" pulled a GOOD idea out of the hat today Matt.  ;)  ;)
~ I suggest a new strategy R2, let the Wookie win. ~

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2011, 07:17:13 PM »
It's been there for like 2 weeks now.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2011, 07:50:54 PM »
Quote from: "Tarak"
No need to apologize Matt, I get that it's easier to code in a new button than it is to add new ships and more interactive features that we'd like to see  in order to keep the game alive.

My main frustrations right now with the game are not redundant additions but the service reliability issues I've been having. Ever since the last couple of updates ago, I keep getting epic hangups from playstarfleet domain intermittently when I send large fleet commands or even sending messages in game. This is making the game unplayable for me since a lot of my plays are time critical. I simply can not accept the server hanging up on me for 20-70 seconds before registering my request when I send a time critical fleet command that will waste millions in hydro if it doesn't go through on time. This problem already screwed me out of a heph kill yesterday when my initial command to launch the attack simply did not register at all. When I sent it the second time it did not register the correct speed which resulted in me having to recall a massive fleet of Prom's and Ares 10min in to the flight. The added delays gave the heph owner time to move it before the hit landed. -140M in debris and plunder f--- you very much. :x

You can not tell me this isn't a major issue with the service because this sort of BS never happened before the last couple updates ago so either the server vendor has downgraded SFC's process priority or something dev's did buggered up the proper communication between server and client. Fleet commands need to have the highest process priority in SFC for the game to function as intended.
About 1/3 fleet commands I send now hang up on me for a ridiculous amount of time before I even get a response from playstarfleet. If the command does go through it ends up going through late and completely blows the timing.  This not only makes fleet saving very annoying as I often have to reload the fleet page after trying to dispatch unsuccessfully the first one or two times, but the hangups make oracle locks, ninja defenses and harvest locks impossible to do with any reliability. It's more a matter of luck now than skill if I can get a time critical command to execute without a 20-70 second delay! When you are launching large fleets this becomes a game breaker, simple as that!  :twisted:

I would REALLY appreciate this being looked into in more depth as I am certain this is not a problem on my end barring some undetectable virus or glitch in both the systems running on my network. It seems to be more frequent the larger and more complex the command is. Sending one harvester or a few atlasses does not usually result in a hangup as often as sending a large fleet or FRS'ing a large fleet with resources.
Sending PM's has had about a 65-70% success ratio on the first attempt but if it hangs up I can usually just Ctl-C the text, reload the page, paste and send again. Once a fleet command has been buggered there is no turning back.
I will do whatever it takes on my end to help get this resolved because I can not play the game at my level the way it is now. If it can't be rectified I really will have no choice but to leave the game no matter what frilly things are added to make it look nicer. You can put a dress and makeup on a pile of dog crap to make it look nicer but at the end of the day it's still a pile of crap.

I'm just curious why it seems to be only you that is having that problem. I have done many many fleet movements in the past 2 or 3 weeks and haven't had any lag, and I have downgraded from cable internet to DSL.
Quote from: \"LHDR\"
Quote from: \"Sid82\"
-1 don\'t need a reason other than this is a stupid idea
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds."~Albert Einstein
doesn\'t work when idea IS stupid
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

Morat

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2011, 08:02:31 PM »
I'll give a big +1 to the tech page update too. I never look at it any more as I have everything unlocked, but I remember it used to be a royal pain in the bottom having to find a planet with a lab just to see what my techs were.

Offline Tarak

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2011, 08:11:02 PM »
I don't know Sid. I am perplexed as well.  :?

Any ideas?

@Matt, I am already tech'd out so I never noticed it until I read about it. Haven't needed to look at the tech tree for a month now but I know developing players will benefit from it regularly.
~ I suggest a new strategy R2, let the Wookie win. ~

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2011, 08:22:14 PM »
Quote from: "Tarak"
I don't know Sid. I am perplexed as well.  :?

Any ideas?

@Matt, I am already tech'd out so I never noticed it until I read about it. Haven't needed to look at the tech tree for a month now but I know developing players will benefit from it regularly.

Only things you have probably already thought of and tried to fix the problem.

This is more for mmo's but maybe there is something in there you haven't thought of yet.
http://service.igg.com/faq/view.php?id=95
Quote from: \"Sid82\"
-1 don\'t need a reason other than this is a stupid idea
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds."~Albert Einstein
doesn\'t work when idea IS stupid
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

Offline GraemeCracker

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2011, 08:44:37 PM »
I applaud BFG for hitting some of the low hanging fruit in their updates.  As Matt said, some of these changes are real no brainers from a development point of view, and the overall effect is to make the site better, even if in tiny increments.  If you add the home button, tech levels, planet images, etc. together it tells me they are 1) taking an interest in the game, and 2) actively looking at priorities vs. cost.  Perhaps they have junior and senior coders and in each release, the senior coders work on the tough stuff, and the junior coders add the fluff stuff.