contact
July 09, 2020, 03:25:49 PM

Author Topic: Matt please read  (Read 2118 times)

Offline bryn987

• View Profile
Re: Matt please read
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2011, 08:10:05 PM »
This is hillarious.  Shadow quits but the people that get her fleet are not the people she wants it to be.  People get suspended and have their DSP removed and name publicly tainted.   what a clusterfun

:lol:  :lol:
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
To be free, you must be exiled!

1/18/2010 - 10/22/2011
Players sent to d status/retirement - 32
Solo Zeus kills - 33
Solo Heph kills - 3
Moons given  -  31

Offline Santa

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2011, 08:11:51 PM »
Quote from: "bryn987"
This is hillarious.  Shadow quits but the people that get her fleet are not the people she wants it to be.  People get suspended and have their DSP removed and name publicly tainted.   what a clusterfun

:lol:  :lol:

there's a moral to this story somewhere........

Offline rick blackford

• Gone Fishing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2011, 08:14:26 PM »
Not sure what you mean by camping the system.  This attack was in 28:299 and My planets are in 28:293. i saw the hephs and debris fields, oracle locked and waited until my attack time of 1:12 was right under the return fleet time of 1:13 and launched.

I hit the heph admist threats and probes and being told i am not allowed to attack because my rsp was greater....well my rsp is usually greater than my targets'. And who asks someone their rsp before attacking. Anyway i was informed of this at about 5 minutes out.

Summary: i killed a heph totally legal and now am suspended.  Sorry guys but i am a little pissed off.
SFCO Uni - Rick Blackford, Leader, Valente do Moita
Uni2 - Emperor R, no longer active here
Nova Uni - Nova1, Harrasser, N:S:K, gave this one up!
SDE, Lancelot, Not playing anymore

Offline bryn987

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2011, 08:28:20 PM »
Carl Blackford is in 290, that system is where the cheating was going to go down last week but as it got found out, it moved.  Carl's planet was a colony drop with nothing built on it so he was waiting on something to go down, either get in on the action or to steal the DF.  He has since named that colony to "Wrong Place Wrong Time" so it would appear he's a bit pissed he missed out.  But as he's not suspended, he may be happy.

he your brother?  if so, then it would appear you guys knew what was going on

1/18/2010 - 10/22/2011
Solo Zeus kills - 33
Solo Heph kills - 3
Moons given  -  31

Offline bryn987

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2011, 08:29:54 PM »
post the details.  Who launched on who and who did you reverse?

1/18/2010 - 10/22/2011
Solo Zeus kills - 33
Solo Heph kills - 3
Moons given  -  31

Offline Santa

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2011, 08:42:04 PM »
Quote from: "bryn987"
Carl Blackford is in 290, that system is where the cheating was going to go down last week but as it got found out, it moved.  Carl's planet was a colony drop with nothing built on it so he was waiting on something to go down, either get in on the action or to steal the DF.  He has since named that colony to "Wrong Place Wrong Time" so it would appear he's a bit pissed he missed out.  But as he's not suspended, he may be happy.

he your brother?  if so, then it would appear you guys knew what was going on

290 was the location of yesterday's pull party, or as Matt H called it, a cluster-crash... Riker crashed into shanti and shanti crashed a bunch of stuff into SET... and who got pushed by being the fortunate harvester(s) is a big mystery as one can't probe players in diplomacy mode to find out.

Today the pull party moved to 299 and was Shanti blowing up SET and then the Valente boys blowing up Shanti.

Offline bryn987

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2011, 08:45:39 PM »
:?:  Shanti crashed into Set and then Set crashed into Shanti?

1/18/2010 - 10/22/2011
Solo Zeus kills - 33
Solo Heph kills - 3
Moons given  -  31

Offline rick blackford

• Gone Fishing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2011, 08:48:33 PM »
no carl is not my brother. I spoke to him and he said he saw lots of hephs and macs in that system so he popped in to see what was going on. I guess yesterday he was disappointed because all his dios were in another system when the suicide hephs started up there. That is the wrong place...name reason.

Okay when I OL 28:299:6, there was an attack from that heph heading to the 28:299:2 heph. An intel report showed just some dios, probes, and a few other ships left on the heph.

As I stated earlier, my attack time was 1:12. The ingoing attack was around 18 min or so. The return was 1:30 or so. i waited until the return timer said 1:13 and then launched. i watched and kept rescanning over and over thinking there would be a recall and then i would need to recall. there was not. The slot 6 attack destroyed the slot 2 heph and the fleet was returning.

I had it beat by 30 seconds to 1 minute. that is when all hell broke loose and i started getting probed from all over the universe, different galaxies, different alliances. I started receiving threats against my fleets. this is usually a sign that you are about to wipe out someone and they are asking all their friends for help to talk you out of the attack.

Then i was told that i couldn't attack anyone with less RSP...i really do not understand that rule...someone will need to explain or show it to me.

Is their anyone who searches their targets to make sure the RSP is higher than their own before attacking?

Anyway, i won the battle and rejoiced. only to be told someone.....and i think he knows who he is....was reporting me to BFG for pushing.  Sounds like sour grapes that i beat him to the target.

Offline bryn987

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2011, 08:52:26 PM »
well, if the person you blew up didn't want to be blown up, then LOL

If you are innocent of everything, good luck with your ticket

1/18/2010 - 10/22/2011
Solo Zeus kills - 33
Solo Heph kills - 3
Moons given  -  31

Offline Santa

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2011, 08:54:53 PM »
Quote from: "rick blackford"
Anyway, i won the battle and rejoiced. only to be told someone.....and i think he knows who he is....was reporting me to BFG for pushing.  Sounds like sour grapes that i beat him to the target.

I'm sure you're referring to me, but I did not submit any tickets today.  However, by posting here, you called Matt H's attention to it and no ticket needed to be submitted.  You obviously need to read the thread below... shame on Shanti/Shadow and the rest of the schemers for dragging you into it

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14107

Offline Athena

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2011, 09:01:52 PM »
From what I can tell of the situation there was no intentional pushing.  The players were actually careful to keep things legit.  And as it was apparent that Santa and others were keeping close watch, it would be stupid to try anything under those circumstances.
But during the event, a war request was sent and accepted, so that as the hit was inevitable, then points could be doubled.  That is what tipped the scales... and pushed the plunder into an apparently unacceptable range.

It appears that the people involved were not aware this would happen.
............................................................................................. Kiki .............................................................

Offline bryn987

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2011, 09:12:20 PM »
The pulling rule needs to be looked at as well.  I bet BFG originally said pulling was ok as they wanted lower rank players to be given assistance and it is ok as you can transport res to lower ranked members.  They probably never thought people would crash fleets into lower members and do so at an alarming rate.  Then you add in war requests...

1/18/2010 - 10/22/2011
Solo Zeus kills - 33
Solo Heph kills - 3
Moons given  -  31

Offline rick blackford

• Gone Fishing
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2011, 09:16:57 PM »
I had nothing to do with any war declarations. All I wanted was a sucessful OL and a heph kill with those points and the debris. i looked at my battlecalc screen. Still had the intel on it. there was a heph, 5 zeus, 326 probes and 5228 dios. One my scratch pad i have listed returning to the heph was 2138 proms, 3099 hades, 4685 athena, 12 charon.

My fleet was NOT strong enough to kill all these ships and that is why I timed it to arrive BEFORE the fleet returned. Had iIbeen going for maximum kill points, I would have invited some of those that pm'd be trying to get me to recall and include them. Which would have been stupid because the heph would have just moved away after its fleet returned.

My kill points were mild. I was going for the status of saying I killed a heph. If I had known about the whole war thing and all the other people quitting the game thing I think I would have just played Farmville instead.

Yes apparently I got caught up in a feud between top players and BFG i guess. But shouldn't I have been officially informed before it got this far? if BFG wouldhave said...yes all those people that are messaging you are right and you will be suspended...

this is just not right...i suppose i will lose the dsp, the ships I lost, the och, and the willingness to play what used to be my favorite game   *whine, whine*

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2011, 09:17:50 PM »
I'm locking this thread as there is/was no support ruling to discuss. Submit a ticket if you have questions about your individual account.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me: