contact
April 18, 2014, 08:44:16 AM

Author Topic: Script: Parser  (Read 12077 times)

Offline Clyde69

• View Profile
Script: Parser
« on: December 03, 2011, 03:33:11 PM »
Hi all! I won't go into all the details, but I started writing this a while ago when I couldn't find a uni 1 version of Bang! (yeah, it was there, I know) It's confirmed as working in all SFC uni's, but as it isn't checked out for SDE it's not enabled there (for a future update).

Please download from here

Matt H checked the code a few days ago (thanks again!), & okayed it. The only changed since then has been a fix to handle special characters in player & planet names.

I know it's not Bang!, but it's the same kind of thing, a bit different in appearance & still a work in progress, & it's there. Merry Xmas from Jaynestown!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 07:37:40 AM by Clyde69 »

Offline Hitboy

• Skype - hitboy22
    • View Profile
Re: Script: Parser
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 05:37:56 PM »
Clyde, well done for hard work, I wouldn't have a clue!  But why do we need another one, Quinn took over the reins when Lyt left and has done a fantastic job!
I haven't looked at yours yet but does it differ in any way?

Offline The Grinch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 06:04:42 PM »
I hate xmas, but I like this.  :)

Offline __Zx_

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 06:13:26 PM »

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 06:20:07 PM »
I really like the way this one looks... but what uni is it for?

It seems to be working in X2... but I thought that it was for SFCO?
~Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.

Offline valan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 07:00:27 PM »
It's confirmed as working in all SFC uni's, but as it isn't checked out for SDE it's not enabled there (for a future update).

Thats what uni's it is working in and can confirm it works in X2 and i love having everything on the galaxy screen and not having to go to a separate web site
inimicus inimici mei amicus meus est

If you want peace, prepare for war

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 07:19:35 PM »
Thats what uni's it is working in and can confirm it works in X2 and i love having everything on the galaxy screen and not having to go to a separate web site

So how does that work exactly?... if there isn't a separate script for each universe, then if I look up a player with the same name in more than 1 universe, will I only get his coords for the uni that I am in, or will his coords show up for every uni that he has the same name in?

Do you see what I'm asking?

When the bang script first went public... I recall something about it showing coords from multiple unis - and had to be fixed... that's why I'm asking :)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 07:22:16 PM by Monkey D. Luffy »

Offline Clyde69

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011, 08:26:33 PM »
Thanks guys!

@Monkey - this was originally built for SFCO, but now it checks the URL (the page address in the browser) to work out what uni it's in, & posts & asks for info that applies in that uni only.

There might still be some rogue data though, from when I was first making that change, but it'll clear out as soon as anyone looks at that system. For some reason it's a nightmare trying to restore database backups on the web host I'm using, so while I can work on it in situ, I couldn't put the previous backup on & dump the bad data.

Offline Phoenix 3

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2011, 09:00:09 PM »
I am trying to use it with google chrome and for some reason it will not clear off the alert box.  It just keeps prompting you to download the update.  Just thought you might need to know this.  Thanks for your efforts
"It Happens"  Deal With It

Just a thought

Offline Clyde69

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, 09:02:35 PM »
No worries, I'll have a look at what's going on in Chrome tomorrow :0)

Offline Clyde69

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, 09:58:55 PM »
Ooops, sorry Hitboy. I missed your question.

I started this when I couldn't find a uni 1 version of Bang! I loved it in uni 2, & figured that we could use something like it in uni 1 as well (I know, it was there but I missed it). When Bang went down, I made a couple of changes to get it working across the board without knowing someone else had taken Bang over (nice one Quinn!)

It looks a bit different, & I haven't got some of the stuff I want in there yet, but I said I'd put it out this weekend & it's there as an option. I don't like leaving things unfinished (call me Mr OCD), so I'll keep going until then.

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2011, 10:15:12 PM »
I don't know... Man, this script seems like it's much better than the bang script... (I have them both installed right now), the functionality of this one, is alot nicer looking... if alot more players in X2 pick up this script... I might switch completely ... (you might consider advertising the way it works in any universe - so that players like me, who get confused easily, don't mistake it for only being a uni1 script) - other than that, ... excellent work.

This looks like it could catch on quickly if we can get the word out about it. (I'll be posting in my alliance board, and sending to all my buddies)

Offline copper eagle

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 02:58:01 AM »
awesome man. works wonderful.

Offline Grabby Raccoon

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011, 04:46:56 AM »
I am trying to use it with google chrome and for some reason it will not clear off the alert box.  It just keeps prompting you to download the update.  Just thought you might need to know this.  Thanks for your efforts

Go into option/tools/extensions remove firefly_galaxy_parser.user.js version 1.0 (with no desciption)

You should still have *Firefly Galaxy Parser version 0.0.0.5 (description Espi parser for sfc1 or whatever uni your in).

My guess is the first is a base that tells you to update to the version specific to your uni.

Offline valan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2011, 12:35:28 PM »

I was having that problem as well in chrome, but there is a easy solutions to that problem, in the address bar type chrome://settings/extensionSettings This will bring up the extensions page. Scroll down the list until you find firefly_galaxy_parser.user.js1.0 and remove the little tick in the enable box. This will remove that message about the update and will not effect the actual script as it's just the bootstrap loader thats down loads the full script for the game.
inimicus inimici mei amicus meus est

If you want peace, prepare for war