contact
October 17, 2018, 04:51:46 PM

Author Topic: Galaxy Tool  (Read 6609 times)

Offline Boss

• View Profile
Re: Galaxy Tool
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2011, 03:05:16 AM »
script is no longer working

Offline bhound2

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2011, 04:35:14 AM »
Can't get it to work for me in FF or Chrome.  Only need it for Uni2.  Have tried both of these:

http://uni2.users29.interdns.co.uk/X2Script/sfc_X2_v4.user.js

and from Morat:

http://uni2.users29.interdns.co.uk/X2StaticScript/sfc_SDE_v5.user.js

Would like to have it in Uni2 and SFCO but would settle for Uni2.  The 2nd link opened a new window when you click on the B! but the new window displays "Sorry, the website uni2.users29.interdns.co.uk.interdns.co.uk cannot be found"  Will be really glad to have it up and running again and will do my part as far as the manual clicking on systems to update the database.
StarWars Alliance - SFC Uni 2

Offline Eagles Foot

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2011, 01:08:19 PM »
It is fixed

Offline bhound2

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2011, 04:51:34 PM »
working for uni2 in firefox.  can't get it working fully in chrome though.  the "?" works as it is supposed to but the "B!" is taking me to a link to download v5.  WHen I download that version, it stops working all together.
StarWars Alliance - SFC Uni 2

Offline DolphinDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2011, 10:17:10 PM »
I would like to know why this parser script is running on the 2 URL:

http://uni2.playstarfleet.com/galaxy*
http://uni2.playstarfleet.com/options*    <---- ???

Why is it necessary to run on the options page of the game? I have doubts cause the option site is where we change our password and it makes me feel very uncomfortable to see scripts running where we enter our passwords. Can anybody clarify this?

Offline eljer

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2011, 10:32:36 PM »
Lytjohan's version had some options along the lines of "do not send my information to database" which he added to the options page, so you wouldnt be putting a beacon out for anyone to follow you. Quinn must have taken those out until he gets the whole thing situated on his server.

Morat

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2011, 12:59:23 AM »
What eljer said, but I think it's coz BFG changed the options page layout, and it's totally different now and the script would need to be rewritten for it. There was an option to index your own systems (off by default, and still off now) and an option to navigate the galaxy screen with the arrow keys.

Offline DolphinDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2011, 07:00:30 PM »
Thanks for clarificaion.

I guess from my prior post over the board it is obvious that I have concerns about this data base. So please dont take this post as personal offense but just figure out how these concerns could be eliminated:

1. Every data base can create time stamps for incoming informations. How is it guaranteed that the data can not be misused to create online time profiles of those who have the scipt installed?

2. How can access to the options site be prohibited? No user script should be allowed to run at the same place where we maintain our login passwords.

--> I guess these are the main concerns.

Offline eljer

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2011, 07:45:22 PM »
I can understand your apprehension. I think its good for me to reply to this, since I have experience with scripts and with databases, but am not personally attached to this one at all.

As for #1, I don't think the uploaded data includes the user's name. In fact I'm almost positive of that (and could easily verify it if needed). But even if you did have a username/password for it, it would really be an issue of trust. Besides, since the database DOES log the (*) or (XX min) next to your name, there already is a fairly accurate idea of when most people are online (assuming the person's data follows a pattern), and it is for everyone not just those using the script.

As for #2, the password point is a valid concern (even if unnecessary in this case). There are two easy ways around it. One would be to disable the script if/when you have to change your password. The second would be to remove this line from near the top of the script:
// @include        http://uni2.playstarfleet.com/options*
Doing that would prevent the script from working on that page. It is very easy in firefox/greasemonkey to edit scripts; in chrome you'd have to save the script locally, edit the file with notepad or any generic text editor, then click/drag the icon into chrome after saving.

Quinn Dexter

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2012, 10:46:11 PM »
the other option is if you dont trust the script dont use it....

Offline Clyde69

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2012, 10:42:46 AM »
+1 to Quinn. When folk do work like this (& it's not easy to do) for no cost, your options are to use it as-is, or not to use it.

Or you could write your own.

Offline Charles M. Thompson

• Original Uni... WAS the best.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2012, 08:10:28 PM »
+1 to Quinn. When folk do work like this (& it's not easy to do) for no cost, your options are to use it as-is, or not to use it.

Or you could write your own.
I concur.

Offline Boomer

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2012, 06:52:14 PM »
Scirpt not working, anyone else having problems?
Boomer the Mooner
Have I mooned you today?

Original Uni: Semi-retired
Uni2: Active
Extreme: Retired
Extreme2: Retired

Offline Eagles Foot

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2012, 06:54:08 PM »
Yupp... Not working here either. :'(

Offline Boomer

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2012, 06:58:37 PM »
I wonder if the update frakked it somehow. Oh well I am sure Quinn will be on it ASAP :(
Boomer the Mooner
Have I mooned you today?

Original Uni: Semi-retired
Uni2: Active
Extreme: Retired
Extreme2: Retired