contact
February 28, 2020, 11:24:05 PM

Author Topic: Can Anyone Spot What's Wrong Here?  (Read 1693 times)

Offline Tarak

• View Profile
Can Anyone Spot What's Wrong Here?
« on: December 18, 2011, 06:28:16 PM »
There's definitely something wrong here, let's see who can spot what it is first...  ;)

Hint, it has to do with the attacks returning from the NPC...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 06:32:22 PM by Tarak »
~ I suggest a new strategy R2, let the Wookie win. ~

Offline Tarak

• View Profile
Re: Can Anyone Spot What's Wrong Here?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 06:34:09 PM »
Almost forgot, original Esp report..

Offline Tarak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 06:37:30 PM »
Esp report after the attacks..

Offline rick blackford

• Gone Fishing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 07:12:36 PM »
my brain hurts too much today to figure it out so just tell me :)
SFCO Uni - Rick Blackford, Leader, Valente do Moita
Uni2 - Emperor R, no longer active here
Nova Uni - Nova1, Harrasser, N:S:K, gave this one up!
SDE, Lancelot, Not playing anymore

Offline The Admiral

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 07:23:30 PM »
It looks like your second fleet's return generated a report after the 3rd fleet.  I think there was someone else who mentioned this happening recently.
That is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your incoherent, rambling response, did you come close to making what could be considered a rational thought. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 07:25:47 PM »
Erm... shouldn't the 91 atlases have pulled in another 98,901 in rez?... Looks to me like you got shorted... also,... the reports don't seem to be in the right order?...

(EDIT = The Admiral beat me to the order issue :P)

(ANOTHER EDIT = If the attacks processed in the wrong order, and the 3rd attack landed before the 2nd one, that might explain the shortage on the second wave?... maybe?)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 07:33:40 PM by Monkey D. Luffy »
~Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.

Offline Tarak

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 07:55:03 PM »
Erm... shouldn't the 91 atlases have pulled in another 98,901 in rez?... Looks to me like you got shorted... also,... the reports don't seem to be in the right order?...

(EDIT = The Admiral beat me to the order issue :P)

(ANOTHER EDIT = If the attacks processed in the wrong order, and the 3rd attack landed before the 2nd one, that might explain the shortage on the second wave?... maybe?)
Ding Ding Ding!!!

Not only did the messages generate in the wrong order but the battles themselves executed in the wrong order.
My 3rd wave was 5 seconds behind my 2nd wave but the 3rd wave processed BEFORE the second wave.
All 3 attacks left the same place, going to the same place, at the same speed. The first wave was faster because there were no atlasses to slow it down. The fleet page shows my second and third waves returning at the correct times in relation to each other yet my third wave still somehow hit BEFORE the second.
HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!

Offline Jacq

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 08:21:02 PM »
Sorry Tarak maybe just leave more time between your waves so the processing time can calculate them in the right order.       There seems to be a problem with processing orders lately.     At least you killed the ships first.
aka Babe Ruthless

Offline the enforcer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 11:03:39 PM »
just be glad you are finding some that you can hit.
i have spotted 4/2817 since release that i could hit.

Offline Tarak

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 12:33:20 AM »
I agree the ratio of n's is way off for O uni. :-\
When I surf around I see maybe 1% of players at best are n yet a solid 95% of NPC's are n's.
One things' for sure, if there was ever a time to think about restarting in O uni, NOW is that time!
You'd have an endless supply of resources with minimal competition (until you hit 25k RSP that is). ;)

Morat

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2011, 12:46:14 AM »
@the enforcer and Jacq I think the point is that the res. picked up proves the battles processed out of order, contrary to Matts recent statement about battles having priority. The order that fleets are processed in is essential to things such as oracle locks, and having that order altered and having screenshots to prove it is, you know,  kinda important.

My brain's too fried right now to figure this out for sure, but it does look like Tarak and Monkey are right.

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2011, 12:54:07 AM »
1. Hitting a tiny little NPC like that should not have caused so much lag that it took more than 5 seconds to process the battle before the third wave hit...

2. Even if it was taking longer than five seconds to process the second wave, ... which it shouldn't have, ... the third wave, which was scheduled to land after the second, should not have processed until after the second wave finished processing anyway.

Something got funed-up... File a ticket, and include all of the screen shots (and a detailed explaination) - at the very least, even if you don't get anything from it - it's an issue that needs to be brought up to the DEVs...

If things are being processed out of order, then it needs DEV attention - regardless.

(EDIT: Yeah, what Morat said...)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 01:07:59 AM by Monkey D. Luffy »
~Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.

Offline Thermopyle

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2011, 01:30:26 AM »
ive also been told by bfg that when you lock to within one second, the order of the ships on the fleet screen are random. so in otherwords you dont even know if you are in front or behind. the second time i locked fluffy i was slightly in front of her ships, and me and my partners fleet screen both showed us behind her ships. coulda destroyed all her fastmovers, was very pissed off about that one. and if i had known i was in front i coulda simply probe slowed.

for a game thats supposed to be REAL TIME, that kinda messes you up. and ive had person escape a 2 second lock before.....

next time your ready to blow a bunch of hydro on a lock, think about that.

Klinghorn

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2011, 09:27:10 AM »
Yep...get a 2 sec difference to be sure...been there and donethat too .. very pissed off

Morat

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2011, 01:22:12 PM »
ive also been told by bfg that when you lock to within one second, the order of the ships on the fleet screen are random. so in otherwords you dont even know if you are in front or behind. the second time i locked fluffy i was slightly in front of her ships, and me and my partners fleet screen both showed us behind her ships. coulda destroyed all her fastmovers, was very pissed off about that one. and if i had known i was in front i coulda simply probe slowed.

for a game thats supposed to be REAL TIME, that kinda messes you up. and ive had person escape a 2 second lock before.....

next time your ready to blow a bunch of hydro on a lock, think about that.

The actual statement from BFG was that the fleet screen doesn't show fractions of a second, so if a lock is under one second then the tasks *will* process in order, but players cannot see that order as you cannot see the fractions. That's perfectly reasonable, and a 2-second lock is what you'd normally aim for.

But by that argument any lock *over* 1 full second should be a slamdunk, but we all know that's often not the case. What appears upon launch to be a 5-second lock could end up with the attacking fleet hitting before the locked fleet.

It's a question of proving to BFG that *something* isn't working as they say it is, regardless of their server logs. After all, it might be perfectly fine at their end, but what we're seeing on our screens doesn't match what they claim.

birthmark-ant