contact
December 12, 2019, 12:07:47 AM

Author Topic: Now its getting ridiculous  (Read 1573 times)

Offline excellium

• View Profile
Now its getting ridiculous
« on: January 10, 2012, 01:46:42 AM »
Many of you would already be aware of my strong vote and campaign against ihoppers. OK subject closed, BFG ignored the vote but i bet they are not now aware of whats going on now behind the scenes.
Before i go any further YES i have relinquished leadership of UNIMAT0 to another member. To many rumours abound these threads. YES, i am leaving but when i leave and how i leave will remain for me to decide and at the moment i am active and still attacking and am aware of whats going on around me. My ALMOST alliance wide mole intel system continues.
Not happy with ihopping the game has degenerated even further. Yes BFG, i now have proof those so desperate for DSP, are not now buying accounts to blow up ships, but outrageously buying the right to blow up the ships and letting the account holder keep the account. 450 dollars was the latest offer to blow up a sub 50 players ships by another sub 50 player. You know who you are as you are a regular poster on here.
This is no longer a game, its a farce.......................................

Morat

Re: Now its getting ridiculous
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 02:36:33 AM »
Wasn't me, I'm not sub-50 :D Anyway, I wouldn't get pay anyone for anything, I'm too cheap  ;D

Just in case, I'd like to point out that excellium isn't accusing anyone of cheating, so no forum rules were violated in the creation of the above post.

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Problem is I don't see what BFG can do about it.

Offline Zuk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 02:42:00 AM »
true, they have already condemned posting the selling of accounts here and do not condone it either. but i would say this is possibly a by product of the many many new features that can be bought. you can buy so many things now why not by a fleet? you can buy certain tech upgrades, some more critical than others. gaias are almost a thing of the past if you have cash. skill isnt needed as much anymore as you buy so much and advance pretty far without any skill whatsoever.

Offline Phil M

• Facebook - phil.mcbride.3
    • Skype - thesevenlevels
    • Twitter - philipmcbride
    • View Profile
    • Phil Mc Bride
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 08:06:39 AM »
Thats been going on for ages, but not normally in that high a rank area - ive heard it and seen people admit to it from about 6 months or so ago

Hard bit is proving it
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.

Offline Sandor Clegane

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 01:24:40 PM »
What is "iHopping"?

Offline Charles M. Thompson

• Original Uni... WAS the best.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 01:27:34 PM »
It's cheating on the leaderboard, plain & simple. There's no justifying it because of anything offered for sale by BFG... If it were deemed as a viable option I'm sure BFG would be happy to provide the service... But they haven't.

So in my opinion? If it can be proven, the guilty player(s) should be banned from the game.

Morat

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 02:48:43 PM »
@mrgrynch It's finding an inactive with loads of ships or OCH, moving a planet next to it and blowing it up (there's no 24 hour cooldown after moving a planet on attacks against inactives, only attacks on active players, despite one or two people pointing out it's a bad idea for the game) . There's a good few players doing it in SFCO and making out quite nicely from it.

Offline the enforcer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 03:09:39 PM »
don't you mean bfg is making out nicely from the 30 bucks a move. considering keeping a commander active is like 3 dollars a month.

Offline Sandor Clegane

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 03:12:13 PM »
@morat Thanks for the explanation.  :)

Offline TomL

• Skype - bakedbeans03
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 06:52:47 PM »
So he tried to con you out of the money?

Offline Vlad the accounter

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 07:00:00 PM »
he has  >:(

Paypal have said the money can be recalled up to 2 months ( 60 days) and once recalled its up to the payer and his bank / credidt card provider to pay.

so no one anywhere can force him to pay  >:(

Offline TomL

• Skype - bakedbeans03
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 07:13:37 PM »
Are your ships still in tact? Saw your account was now (S) though. This isnt the first time someone from our (ex) alliance has sold their account and its gone wrong

Offline Vlad the accounter

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 08:06:19 PM »
all hunky dory now ;D ;D ;D

cock up happened when i trasported rez to a mate but didnt tell the buyer but did tell them roughly what i rez i had on the planets.

now ive got to do it all again :-\ :-\

Morat

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2012, 03:54:47 AM »
Hm, I thought Vlad sold his account quite a while back. I remember the eBay listing. So are you the 'new' Vlad selling your account for parts/salvage?

Klinghorn

Now its getting ridiculous
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2012, 06:15:17 AM »
He sold his sfco account ... This is the Seller not the buyer here..

birthmark-ant